Author Topic: It slices! It dices! It even sets repair caps!  (Read 8720 times)

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
It slices! It dices! It even sets repair caps!
Fred 2!

I finally got the Hull and Subsys repair cap boxes added. They're in the Mission Specs dialog. This means when a support ship docks, it will only repair up to that % and then stop. If the % is already higher than the cap, it won't repair at all.

Note that these are floating point numbers, so if you're feeling particularly nasty you can set it to 99.9% (or .000001%, whichever floats your boat). :D
-C

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
hey this thing doesn't slice!!  i want a ****ing refund

we need to get you access to post in the recent builds forum as well
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Does this build support Kazan's -htl, -mod, and other flags?  Does this fix some of those LOD switching settings?
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline WMCoolmon

It should support all that stuff, but it doesn't fix any bugs.

phreak: to slice, add a slash beam onto a ship and select "Beam-free-all" in the mission specs dialog. ;)
-C

nice, thanks.

one question though, can the SCP guys please set a conform dating scheme, we've got yyyymmdd (Taylor, me for personal builds)
mmddyyyy (you), mm-dd-yyyy (Goober), mm-dd-yy (Bob, IIRC) and ddmmyyyy (i forgot). And then some variations on this theme.
just another newbie without any modding, FREDding or real programming experience

you haven't learned masochism until you've tried to read a Microsoft help file.  -- Goober5000
I've got 2 drug-addict syblings and one alcoholic whore. And I'm a ****ing sociopath --an0n
You cannot defeat Windows through strength alone. Only patience, a lot of good luck, and a sledgehammer will do the job. --StratComm

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Bah to floating points.  Can't you make them integers?

Offline Exarch

Found... well... -something- wrong. A mission I have which works fine with the 20-03-2004 fred build, and works fine in-game, locks this fred version up within 2 seconds of loading it, forcing me to kill the process from the task manager. That's with HTL disabled and no table warnings on startup, so that's not the problem.

Trying to disect the mission bit by bit now to see what's causing it, but in the meantime is there any chance you could post a debug build of this? Might help me find out what's wrong if it actually tells me something instead of just locking up.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
WMCoolmon, did you fix the htl flag on this?

Offline Exarch

It's still reversed. Easy way to tell is that ship outlines only work when it's off (for me anyway ;))

Offline WMCoolmon

You mean it wasn't fixed? :wtf:

It only seems to involve removing two exclamation marks, though this "nohtl" variable setup is somewhat odd.

Fixed?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2004, 01:35:06 am by 374 »
-C

Offline Exarch

Still locks up, HTL flag still reversed (need to use the -fredhtl command line to turn it off, instead of to turn it on). One symptom I noticed before the lockups in the new build was some weird vertical lines from the grid plane up into nothingness.

20-03-2004 Fred build:

28-04-2004 Fred build:

Sorry for blotting out so much, but hey, it's only the lines that are important, and besides not doing it would spoil the fun of playing it :D

Offline WMCoolmon

:doubt: I'll look into it tomorrow.

*Wonders why Kazan never fixed this*
-C

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
Here's another example of the same thing.

These are from the mission from the Great War when you have to disable the HoL cruiser Ramses.

Notice how the vertial elevation and declination lines are not attached to any object and they are also only originating from the exact page center.  Also notice how the waypoints are way (no pun intended) out of position.  Now see what happens (or doesn't happen) when the camera position is panned up slightly:

The lines will remain at these exact positions on the screen, until the objects they are attached to move out of the camera view, at which point the vanish.

I first noticed this in Kazan's build with -mod support, but didn't make extensive use of the build to notice how annoying it was.  When I was asking him what he had done with the LOD switching ranges, he said that he hadn't done anything, which means it had been introduced into the FRED code, but no public build out had included the change until that point.  My guess is that the same is true here.  As such, Random Tiger is probably the man to talk to on this problem.

Hope this helps.

Later!
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Originally posted by WMCoolmon
:doubt: I'll look into it tomorrow.

*Wonders why Kazan never fixed this*

If I remember correctly the lines thing is actually an OpenGL bug that was present in CVS before Kazan made the -mod build.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline WMCoolmon

I was referring to the -htl flag being reversed, actually.
-C

Offline taylor

• Super SCP/Linux Guru
    • http://www.icculus.org/~taylor
Originally posted by karajorma
If I remember correctly the lines thing is actually an OpenGL bug

I've got fix, well pretty much a wierd hack actually, in CVS that should get lines working in OGL when in HTL mode. Non-HTL should work fine just as before.

Lines didn't work right when the projection matrix was set so I disable it in those special cases, draw the line, then turn the projection matrix back on.  It was the only thing I could come up with that worked and didn't kill the framerate.

Offline phreak

• Gun Phreak
thats since the lines are already translated into 2d.  it probably wouldn't be that bad of an idea to change it.
Offically approved by Ebola Virus Man :wtf:
phreakscp - gtalk
phreak317#7583 - discord

Offline Exarch

The out of place vertical lines occur both in HTL and non-HTL.

Offline Axem

Good: No complaining about weapons.tbl at the beginning.

Bad: FRED2 doesn't save the recent files list (could this be because the older FRED2 Open is still there?)

Ugly: When I close FRED2 it gives me an unable to swap buffers error. (Something to do with opengl, which my crappy onboard gfx card doesn't support. But it didn't happen with previous versions and easily ignorable)

Other than that, its pretty good. :)

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
it's not your crappy onboard video, I've got a ATI 9800 Pro and I get the same error plus the vertical line problem
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."