Author Topic: Drakh cruiser subsystems and B5 model help  (Read 2083 times)

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
Drakh cruiser subsystems and B5 model help
How do you add subsystems to the cruiser since it has none? someone said it can be done in modelview, but i'm not sure how to do it. Cos i was wondering if that was why the cruiser never attacks any captial ships! no matter how many test levels i create it only fires on missiles and nearly always misses, i did check to make sure none of the capships are beam protected. Also how do you get the B5 station to work? everytime i place it in fred it crashes, i switched the view to outlines only, i can place the station and thats it. If i try to place anything else on the level, even backgrounds fred crashes and it is only with the B5 model.

Oh yeah i'm using the open and fred files that came with 3.2.
Other than that this is the best mod i have ever played, its Godlike, can't wait for the posiedion and the Narn fleet to be released. hope you's keep it up.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The problem with FRED is that you are using non-HTL mode.  Add the command line argument -fredhtl to the shortcut.  There will be a few rendering anamalies (IE, ships being rendered slightly off their actual position, depending on how close it is to the middle of the screen) and some models will give you some irrelevant error about capped normals.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Modelview won`t open that model, it has to many bounding boxes..

Whatever that is, I have no idea. :nervous:
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
  • This site stole my work
Re: Drakh cruiser subsystems and B5 model help
Originally posted by starbug
How do you add subsystems to the cruiser since it has none?

1. Wait for me to do it.
2. Check out one of the many modding tutorials linked from HLP
3. Search the FS modding forums for your answer.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Originally posted by Whitelight
Modelview won`t open that model, it has to many bounding boxes..

Modelview won't open many modern models. Besides, editting models in modelview is not a good idea. Use the latest version of POF Contructor Suite (PCS) instead.
Be warned: This site's admins stole 100s of hours of my work. They will do it to you.

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Re: Drakh cruiser subsystems and B5 model help
Originally posted by starbug
Also how do you get the B5 station to work? everytime i place it in fred it crashes, i switched the view to outlines only, i can place the station and thats it. If i try to place anything else on the level, even backgrounds fred crashes and it is only with the B5 model.

If you have B5 in a mission and you have FRED set up to show textured models or outline models, and you try and display backgrouns too, FRED will crash. Use the view menu to make it so FRED either does not display backgrounds or does not display model geometry in any shape or form.

Sorry for the inconvenience. These problems were caused due to the model coming from 3DSM and will take a long time to fix. If it's even possible.

Offline starbug

• DarkSide Animations
ok cheers, i have to say modelview dosen't give me any problems at all with the drakh cruiser or any model i have opened up in it.
http://www.youtube.com/user/AnubisX1

if there is any consistancy with the Shivans, it's their lack of consistancy - -Norbert-

Offline IPAndrews

• Disgruntled Customer
Well what do I know. :)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 01:27:01 pm by 43 »

Offline Whitelight

• Thing, man like
Hmm.... modelview dosen`t like me. :wtf:
As my first post stated, modelview threw that error at me every time I tried to open it, well the drakh cruiser anyway.. I`m pretty sure I have the latest version of modelview, but I may be mistaken.. Oh well at least its working for me in fred2 and in game and thats what is important to me..  :)

I agree with IPAndrews, Pof Constructor Suite does work well.. :)
Simpicity of character is the natural resualt of profound thought

Offline Col. Fishguts

• voodoo doll
Re: Re: Drakh cruiser subsystems and B5 model help
Originally posted by IPAndrews

1. Wait for me to do it.

I usually go with this one ;)
"I don't think that people accept the fact that life doesn't make sense. I think it makes people terribly uncomfortable. It seems like religion and myth were invented against that, trying to make sense out of it." - D. Lynch

Visit The Babylon Project, now also with HTL flavour  ¦ GTB Rhea