Author Topic: CivCity Rome - Not working on Vista??????  (Read 2076 times)

Offline diceman111

• Keep on playing Glottis, keep on playing.....
CivCity Rome - Not working on Vista??????
Ok so I thought i would play a bit of CivCity rome again was awile and I installed it on my computer (Running Vista 32-bit) and it seemd to work properly during installion and on the first few missions but now it keeps chrashing.

Has anybody else experienced this and if so is there anything that can be done.

Have updated the game, Reinstalled the latest Nvida Drivers etc....

/Diceius Maximus
Flames Of War Chapter III - http://web.comhem.se/~u35702611

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Re: CivCity Rome - Not working on Vista??????
Getting this with a few games, but not on Vista, on the new DuoCore 6600 with XP. Some games will run fine for about 20-30 mins and then the whole computer will reset itself. I know it's not Heat, because Supremem Commander and Oblivion are two that don't crash so I think it's either graphics drivers, power ( though I have a 650W supply, it may be the wall socket) or some sort of memory/processor timing glitch I think.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 09:13:26 am by Flipside »

Offline diceman111

Getting this with a few games, but not on Vista, on the new DuoCore 6600 with XP. Some games will run fine for about 20-30 mins and then the whole computer will reset itself. I know it's not Heat, because Supremem Commander and Oblivion are two that don't crash so I think it's either graphics drivers, power ( though I have a 650W supply, it may be the wall socket) or some sort of memory/processor timing glitch I think.

Ok well I have a Core2Dup 6600 but this the only game this happens (And KOTOR I & II ) anyway asked on the CivCity forums havent gotten a reply yet though

"If at first you don't succeed try a bigger thermonuclear weapon" - My philosophy on life

"I dont care if we smack it into her or smack it out of her just aslong as there's smacking invovled" - Max from Sam & Max Situation Comedy

I live in Sweden and before anybody ask NO we do not have polar bears walking on our streets thats Norway, we have penguins (Red ones with blue dots)

(These messages was brought to you by the people from DFWD (Diceman For World Domination))

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Have you tried hitting Ctrl Alt Del and setting the Processor affinity to only 1 processor?

Offline diceman111

Have you tried hitting Ctrl Alt Del and setting the Processor affinity to only 1 processor?

No will try that thx

EDIT: Ok this worked, kinda it still chrashes somethimes but it works most of the time
« Last Edit: June 01, 2007, 04:14:49 pm by diceman111 »