Author Topic: BP: War in Heaven discussion  (Read 912230 times)

Offline Infamus

Re: BP: War in Heaven discussion
Hey I have a music request for the next release.

please put some of The Pillows in there.

I know its ridiculous but some of their stuff is completely applicable such as "I think I Can," "Fool on The Planet," "Hybrid Rainbows," and "One Life"

The go good along with the Bei's because of their Oriental(?) descent and just because フリクリ is awesome. (What's Laporte's descent? Simms?)

if you want, I have those songs on file if you want them to listen to.

"I Think I Can" would go great for a massive battle against a Tev destroyer. Why? just find the lyrics, you'll see what I mean
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Jellyfish

• No relent
'Noemi Laporte' sounds like a latino name to me...
"A weapon is only as powerful as its wielder. With this weapon, you'll be but an annoyance, which would greatly dishonor it. With this weapon, I can change history. With me, this weapon can shape the universe."

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
How many Titans do the Tevs have anyways?  We see three over the course of BP, but are there any that aren't involved in the Tev-Fed war?

Three?
The Temeraire, Imperieuse, and...?
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Infamus

are there any 14th BG defecting ships that will be seen in WiH?

The Temeraire?  :(

(I have other reasons for wanting to see that ship on the Fed's side) :warp:
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
BARRA
BARRA
BARRA CUDA
yeah

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Temeraire is still GTVA, probably undergoing extreme analysis to find out just what happened to the 14th BG.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
The Solace defected...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
As did the Labouchere and Duke.

Offline Flak

The last I read in the notes is that the Temeraire and a few others were somewhat rendered inoperable (ie missing?) due to mutiny or internal rebellion. Not much other information is given.

Also, what happened to the Sanctuary?

Offline Ravenholme

• (d.h.f)
The last I read in the notes is that the Temeraire and a few others were somewhat rendered inoperable (ie missing?) due to mutiny or internal rebellion. Not much other information is given.

Also, what happened to the Sanctuary?

No, the crews fought and rendered the ships incapable of performing their duty. They were withdrawn. Save the Duke, Labouchere and Solace (and the Sanctuary) which defected and joined the UEF wholesale (Though it was by no means a unanimous process)
Full Auto - I've got a bullet here with your name on it, and I'm going to keep firing until I find out which one it is.

<The_E>   Several sex-based solutions come to mind
<The_E>   Errr
<The_E>   *sexp

Offline Snail

• SC 5
The Sanctuary is probably doing something sekret. Perhaps involved with Byrne's big sekret project.

Offline k19

WiH possible rivals FS1 in emotions.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

Hooray!

Offline Kolgena

Spoiler:
Beat the Saturn mission, medium, first try. I like the new balancing :P Interesting how badly the UEF got screwed though. At least more dead Karunas means less lag for me!

Offline Saturn

:yes: What a great campaign :yes: The team is very talented, thank all of you for your efforts. There is not much praise left that hasn't been said but thank you it is great.

I have a couple of questions, as I am playing this on a Toshiba Tecra  M4 laptop and I think the Video card is a Ge-force 6200 TE when I get to the mission with the Carthage the frame rate is a bit slow .5fps. I think I have everything turned on and maxed out. What would be some the best settings flags and settings to delete that would have the most impact on frame rate with the least impact on the visuals (yes I know, I want it all)?

The 2nd question concerns the load outs, is it my video card  or are all the missile and gun graphics (on the left) very small about 1/4 scale of FS2?

Thanks again!!! :)

"One ping, one ping only, please"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
I believe the loadout graphics are going to end up small as they use models instead of bitmaps.

As for Delenda Est, the best way to improve performance is to wait for us to get those models improved.  :(

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!

"emotions" covers a lot of things- particularly, for me, the "nostalgia goggles" through which I usually view FS1- but if I cast those aside, I find WiH much more emotionally satisfying than FS1. I don't think FS1's writing/plot is as bad as certain parties tend to make out, but WiH is certainly more believable and atmospheric. (So is AoA, for that matter, but WiH is more in the same strain as FS1- fighting a desperate war for your very survival, on the losing side.)

Offline Snail

• SC 5

"emotions" covers a lot of things- particularly, for me, the "nostalgia goggles" through which I usually view FS1- but if I cast those aside, I find WiH much more emotionally satisfying than FS1. I don't think FS1's writing/plot is as bad as certain parties tend to make out, but WiH is certainly more believable and atmospheric. (So is AoA, for that matter, but WiH is more in the same strain as FS1- fighting a desperate war for your very survival, on the losing side.)
I agree with most of the things in this post minus AoA. AoA was more like an acid trip.

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
I agree with most of the things in this post minus AoA. AoA was more like an acid trip.

wat

[EDIT]: added quote since I topped the next page
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:16:33 am by Shivan Hunter »

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i've seen a couple people say stuff about the re-balanced/patched mission(s), but I never saw a post/thread about an update.  o.0
I like to stare at the sun.