Author Topic: Help - ST Krios Mission FS1 -> FS2 port  (Read 1651 times)

Help - ST Krios Mission FS1 -> FS2 port
OK, I completed this mission several times in the original. I have now tried over twenty times in the port with no luck. Hell I have even - to my shame - taken the dificulty level to VERY EASY. Is there something different with the ported version or am I just getting OLD?

Offline Solatar

Can't you pass the mission after five failed attempts? If not, just use teh debug codes....

That does not help me progress?
I do not mind bending the rules but using the Cheat codes does not let me progress.

Offline Knight Templar

• Stealth
  • I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
what part are you screwed on?

And you should be able to wave it after 5 deaths...

My suggestion is to just wait for Silent Threat Reborn
Copyright ©1976, 2003, KT Enterprises. All rights reserved

"I don't want to get laid right now. I want to get drunk."- Mars

Too Long, Didn't Read

Offline StratComm

• The POFressor
  • Cameron Crazy
    • http://www.geocities.com/cek_83/index.html
Re: That does not help me progress?
Originally posted by ViperOne
I do not mind bending the rules but using the Cheat codes does not let me progress.

Have you actually tried them?  Unless the SCP guys have fixed it, cheating never did stop you from going on in the campaign.
who needs a signature? ;)
It's not much of an excuse for a website, but my stuff can be found here

"Holding the last thread on a page comes with an inherent danger, especially when you are edit-happy with your posts.  For you can easily continue editing in points without ever noticing that someone else could have refuted them." ~Me, on my posting behavior

Last edited by StratComm on 08-23-2027 at 08:34 PM

I have never tried the cheat codes. I took peoples word for it, plus I hate using cheat codes. However since there is nothing out there new for me to play. I need a "fix" for my gaming habit. I will try. Thanks for your response. PS anyone looking forward to FREELANCER should give up. Tried the demo. It is typical MS trash.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I think that the mission win prevention was only implemented in FS1; I cannot remember seeing it at all in FS2.

PS anyone looking forward to FREELANCER should give up. Tried the demo. It is typical MS trash.

I recently tried it out, and as far as the space combat part goes, I have to agree here... :doubt:

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Originally posted by ViperOne
PS anyone looking forward to FREELANCER should give up. Tried the demo. It is typical MS trash.

Like Halo? :D

Anyway, I sympathise with you on Silent Threat. We didn't put too much work into testing and balancing the Ported version, since it was so flawed anyway and it's going to be replaced shortly. It's possible that that version in there is, in fact, a conversion of the multiplayer mission. That would account for the insane difficulty. We had some problems with that earlier, and that's probably the case.

The ported ST is more or less unsupported. Consider it there for nostalgia.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Nuclear1

Originally posted by Knight Templar

My suggestion is to just wait for Silent Threat Reborn

Amen.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!