Author Topic: GTC Fenris in Minecraft  (Read 82471 times)

Offline CKid

Re: GTC Fenris in Minecraft
Is that 1:1 scale?  :eek2:
Words a cannot describe how beautiful this is. The time and dedication you guys put into this is unbelievable. I bow down to you.
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
It is indeed 1:1. You should come by the server and take a tour at some point. ;)
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
So lately I've been installing (redecorated) emergency blast doors along the main fore-aft corridors:

They will be closable via a central location (the CIC):

Each one has a local override lever (red) in a "hidden" alcove next to it (the alcoves are hidden, but there are visible levers (orange) for revealing the alcove from either side of the door):

I also added something I can't believe none of us thought of before:

Computer cores!

They stretch 3 decks high (including the inbetween maintenance decks), and have internal redstoning to make the lights blink and stuff (ideal for when the server needs more lag). :p

Finally, here's some screenshots of nothing. Literally. Lots of nothing. These are the primary empty areas in the Fenris. A few will be filled beyond what they are now with some cross-corridors or whatnot, but in general, they're all needing to be filled with rooms. Many will have crew quarters, especially the spaces next to the external hull, but there's a bunch of large empty areas in the centerline of the ship, too.

Going from front to rear...

This is the area directly behind the crew lounge at the front of the ship, near the top hull (looking starboard):

This is below the area of the previous screenshot, overlooking the roof of the officer's lounge (looking aft):

This is from the cross-corridor seen in the distance in the previous screenshot, showing the area at the bottom of the forward "neck" (looking aft):

This is the lower forward part of the central hull, as seen from the cross-corridor in the background of the previous screenshot. The hull "ribs" in the bottom-right of the image still need to be filled in (looking aft and downwards):

A view of the starboard side of the forward "neck" (looking forward):

The area in front of the primary CIC and above the subspace drive core; the upper-front part of the central hull (looking aft-starboard):

The deck directly above the primary CIC, in the central hull (looking aft-port):

The area directly aft of the dropshafts, in the upper-rear part of the central hull (looking down and to starboard):

The area around the subspace drive core, in the upper part of the central hull (looking forward and to starboard):

The lower-half of the rear "neck", between the computer cores and engineering (looking starboard):

The deck below the subspace drive core, in the lower half of the central hull (looking forward and to starboard):

The bottom deck of the central hull (looking forward and to starboard):

The entire insides of the bottom "fin" which the missile launcher is connected to (looking downwards):

The lower port side of the engineering hull, above the arboretum (looking aft):

The bottom of the engineering hull, between the arboretum on the left and the rear of the engineering hull in the center-right (looking rear and to starboard):

The upper port side of the engineering hull and the area above engineering (looking rearwards and to starboard):

The entire starboard side of the engineering hull (looking aft):

As you can see, there's plenty of space left to fill up. I could use some help from anyone in creative mode... you don't even have to be creative (as in "artistic"), as a good portion of the work that needs to be done involves fleshing out corridors or copying completed sections from port to starboard or vice versa.

If anyone not in creative mode wished to help as well, I'll speak to Muraqaz about getting you creative mode.

I typically have time to work on things at between 10pm and 4am GMT (4pm-10pm EST I think), so if you can help out during that time frame, it would be ideal.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 11:58:18 am by Sandwich »
SERIOUSLY...! | {The Sandvich Bar} - Rhino-FS2 Tutorial | CapShip Turret Upgrade | The Complete FS2 Ship List | System Background Package

"...The quintessential quality of our age is that of dreams coming true. Just think of it. For centuries we have dreamt of flying; recently we made that come true: we have always hankered for speed; now we have speeds greater than we can stand: we wanted to speak to far parts of the Earth; we can: we wanted to explore the sea bottom; we have: and so  on, and so on: and, too, we wanted the power to smash our enemies utterly; we have it. If we had truly wanted peace, we should have had that as well. But true peace has never been one of the genuine dreams - we have got little further than preaching against war in order to appease our consciences. The truly wishful dreams, the many-minded dreams are now irresistible - they become facts." - 'The Outward Urge' by John Wyndham

"The very essence of tolerance rests on the fact that we have to be intolerant of intolerance. Stretching right back to Kant, through the Frankfurt School and up to today, liberalism means that we can do anything we like as long as we don't hurt others. This means that if we are tolerant of others' intolerance - especially when that intolerance is a call for genocide - then all we are doing is allowing that intolerance to flourish, and allowing the violence that will spring from that intolerance to continue unabated." - Bren Carlill

Offline Oddgrim

• I like building stuff.
    • Art Thumblr
damn this one looks so nice, great job! c:
[GhostOfMjn: I can provide hi res vasudan ass]
[Hades]: we have so much in common we should bang.
My models page:
http://p3d.in/u/Oddgrim

Offline T-Man

• I came... I saw... I had a cuppa!
Pardon the necrothredage. Is this still being done? Recently bought and got myself addicted to minecraft, so if i'm able i have to see this baby for myself.

What's the name of the server? and am i right the IP is the 208.122.48.18:25607 given on an earlier page?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 01:40:32 pm by T-Man »
Also goes by 'Murasaki-Tatsu' outside of Hard-Light

UEF fanboy. Rabid Imagination.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
It's on the server by way of the dream world. Someone will explain... :P

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I haven't done any work on it lately, however, as I've been waiting for it to be moved to its final resting place... wherever that ends up being.

Offline KyadCK

• Getting better with every game
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It's on the server by way of the dream world. Someone will explain... :P

The server is currently split into 4 worlds. Overworld, End, Nether, Dream. You enter the dream world by sleeping (noway!) and are forced to wake up when the overworld becomes day. Currently, the dream world is the old map, including Fenris.
Freespace Wallpapers     BluePlanet Multi     Minecraft Deimos Build Log
Need help setting up Multi? Then join us on the Multi-Setup IRC channel!
Computers only fear those who know how to use them

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I haven't done any work on it lately, however, as I've been waiting for it to be moved to its final resting place... wherever that ends up being.
I was wondering if that was the purpose of that Fenris Island teleport that leads to a little scrap of rock. :p

Offline qazwsx

• POST DRUNK GET TITLE
    • Minecraft
Oh yeah, I'll probably shift it over when I get back from australia, should be done this time next week.
<Achillion> I mean, it's not like he's shoving the brain-goo in a usb slot and praying to kurzweil to bring the singularity

<dsockwell> idk about you guys but the reason i follow God's law is so I can get my rocks off in the afterlife

Offline Sandwich

• Got Screen?
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Brainzipper
I was wondering if that was the purpose of that Fenris Island teleport that leads to a little scrap of rock. :p

Yeah, I have no idea what that's there for. :p

Oh yeah, I'll probably shift it over when I get back from australia, should be done this time next week.

Yays!