Author Topic: RERELEASE - Derelict  (Read 91846 times)

Offline Nuclear1

Are you using the 3.6.8 mediaVPs? If so, I can help you with this, as I had the same problem.

1) Open mv_models.vp with VPView.
2) Extract "newhornet.pof" to your models folder (either for Derelict/data/models or Freespace2/data/models).
3) Rename "newhornet.pof" to "New_Hornet.pof"

That's how I got mine to work.
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline WMCoolmon

• Purveyor of space crack
I have replacement .tbm files for Derelict that should be compatible with the 3.6.8 mediaVPs, however, I'm waiting for taylor to finish dynamic starfield bitmaps as there seems to be a bug with the current modular starfield code.
-C

SHifting the newhornet.pof file worked, thanks!

Offline McStrav

This is the error I got

Error: Invalid subsystem name.

In sexpression: ( when
   ( has-arrived-delay 6 "Cypher" )
   ( fire-beam
      "Cypher"
      "turret12"
      "Ithaca"
   )
   ( fire-beam
      "Cypher"
      "turret20"
      "Ithaca"
   )
)
(Error appears to be: turret12)
File:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\My Source Code\clean\fs2_open\code\mission\missionparse.cpp
Line: 4958
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------

Any ideas guys?
"The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Edward Burke

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
Sounds like you got another ships table lying around. What do you have in your data/tables or root FS2 folders?

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Read this and compare it against the way you installed Derelict.

I'd bet that if you went to the tech room and pressed CTRL + SHIFT + S you wouldn't see the Saraph class (however they spell it) displayed. That means that you've got a table error like Blaise suggested
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline McStrav

The problem was I had downloaded Lightspeeds weapons pack and had 3 tbls in there, I took em out and it works just fine now  :)
"The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Edward Burke

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!

Offline Nuclear1

*AWESOME*

EDIT: Eww, hope the other four downloads aren't ~70 megs also...
Spoon - I stand in awe by your flawless fredding. Truely, never before have I witnessed such magnificant display of beamz.
Axem -  I don't know what I'll do with my life now. Maybe I'll become a Nun, or take up Macrame. But where ever I go... I will remember you!
Axem - Sorry to post again when I said I was leaving for good, but something was nagging me. I don't want to say it in a way that shames the campaign but I think we can all agree it is actually.. incomplete. It is missing... Voice Acting.
Quanto - I for one would love to lend my beautiful singing voice into this wholesome project.
Nuclear1 - I want a duet.
AndrewofDoom - Make it a trio!

Offline Blaise Russel

• Campaign King
    • http://mysite.freeserve.com/sbre/index.html
This thread isn't really necessary anymore - thread lock?

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
« Last Edit: January 22, 2006, 04:52:59 pm by Goober5000 »