Author Topic: EA Gets Exclusive Star Wars VG Rights  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Re: EA Gets Exclusive Star Wars VG Rights
I FELT A GREAT DISTURBANCE

There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline FUBAR-BDHR

• Self-Propelled Trouble Magnet
  • Master Drunk
    • 165th Beer Drinking Hell Raisers
It's amazing with how bad they screwed up SWTOR. 
No-one ever listens to Zathras. Quite mad, they say. It is good that Zathras does not mind. He's even grown to like it. Oh yes. -Zathras

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Yeah, probably a result of the negociations for acquiring LA in the first place as the first article points out.

We'll see how it goes. So far EA hasn't ruined anything I care about, and they can't be less productive than LA was.

That's not necessarily such a bad move from Disney, especially given what didn't happen on the Marvel video game front.

Who knows, if Disney starts to wake up to the video game market, we might see good Marvel-based games happen yet in the future.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Dragon

• Citation needed
  • The sky is the limit.
I've got a baaad feeling about this. Help us, chief1983, you're our only hope. :)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
It's amazing with how bad they screwed up SWTOR.

People who actually still look at TOR tell me that in the last three months there's been more cause for hope in the game than there was since launch, so I'm inclined to cut EA some slack.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam

:banghead:

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Could be worse. Could be Activision.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Maybe not too bad.

A Jedi Knight in the style of Mass Effect? Kyle with Luke/Han/Leia/Lando/Chawbacca and co in a Grp?
Battlefront in the Frostbite 3 Engine. DICE make Singleplayer in Battlefield 4. Maybe then a Campaign in Battlefront 3?
Empire at War 2 again with Frostbite 3
Maybe a new X-Wing ?
1313 from the Dead Space Studio?

looking forward...
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Sarafan

• No Title
Maybe not too bad.

A Jedi Knight in the style of Mass Effect? Kyle with Luke/Han/Leia/Lando/Chawbacca and co in a Grp?
Battlefront in the Frostbite 3 Engine. DICE make Singleplayer in Battlefield 4. Maybe then a Campaign in Battlefront 3?
Empire at War 2 again with Frostbite 3
Maybe a new X-Wing ?
1313 from the Dead Space Studio?

looking forward...

There's a snowball's chance in hell but one can only hope. Whatever they do I just hope that it wont be about a rehash of the movies yet again.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
There's a snowball's chance in hell but one can only hope. Whatever they do I just hope that it wont be about a rehash of the movies yet again.

Indeed.  The best things to come out of Star Wars have virtually nothing to do with the movies (Kotor, Jedi Knight, etc).
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
Star Wars Republic Commando.

It was the last good thing Lucasart did. They were dead for all intents and purposes afterwards but hell they "departed" with a masterpiece.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Al-Rik

Battlefront in the Frostbite 3 Engine. DICE make Singleplayer in Battlefield 4. Maybe then a Campaign in Battlefront 3 ?
Yeah, Battlefield 3 is a lot like Battlefront 1 & 2: No working tools for coordination (like a useful map, a commander or working comroses), so a Battlefront by Dice would be at least as good as the old ones.
Any they sucked compared to Battlefield 2 or Battlefield 2142 ;)

Offline Beskargam

• We'z got a nob to lead us boys, wadaful.
is apprehensive. Not sure this will go well, generally distrust EA, but will wait and see I think...

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
The problem is, EA is going the Activision route, especially with their FPSes and their railroaded story, blinding bloom and shades-of-grey-and-brown colour palette, achievement/unlock based multiplayer and incremental bits of DLC that cost twenty bucks a pop. Look at Battlefield 3 compared to the older Battlefield games. BF3.5 (sorry, BF4) is gonna be even worse. This is going to hit Star Wars and people will eat it right up even though the quality has markedly dropped in an attempt to make more money.

Could you imagine an X-Wing game with perks, unlocks, paint jobs and weapon attachments? "OMG I just prestiged my KX-9 now I can fire purple laser bolts! They match the pony art on my X-Wing's nose! Now I have to just level up my Ls10.4s so they make a WUBWUB sound when firing!"
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Could you imagine an X-Wing game with perks, unlocks, paint jobs and weapon attachments? "OMG I just prestiged my KX-9 now I can fire purple laser bolts! They match the pony art on my X-Wing's nose! Now I have to just level up my Ls10.4s so they make a WUBWUB sound when firing!"

Could someone tell me how any of what was said right there is actually a bad thing? :P

I've my reservations about EA, but I won't be one to dismiss something before it happens
"No"

Offline Flak

At least the good news part is that they have both the rights of Star Wars and Battlefield, so they better don't screw up Star Wars: Battlefront 3

Offline Veers

Star Wars Rebellion 2. Anything but Empire at War again please, it was a decent enough game. But just lacked so much that Rebellion had layed down.

This world is dead to me... What is with this design/style of games now anyway?, everything is level-fking-up. :/
Current Activities/Projects: Ideas and some storyline completed.

ArmA 2&3 Mission Designer and player.

WoD - I like Crystal. <3

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Rebellion was a pretty damn good game. I'd kill for an updated version that has more in-depth fleet combat.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
This world is dead to me... What is with this design/style of games now anyway?, everything is level-fking-up. :/

Publishers think Skinner Box == More Profit.