Author Topic: Showcase Thread *Dialup Warning*  (Read 14245 times)

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Showcase Thread *Dialup Warning*
The place to show off some things we've got WIP or completed...

Untextured Pics:

Textured Pics:

Original Tachyon Ship

FringeSpace Version

In Game Pics:

Concept Art:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 12:12:40 am by JGZinv »
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline esarai

• Steathy boi
    • Minecraft
Re: Showcase Thread *Dialup Warning*
Frickin' dayum, man.  You've been really busy, and the results are pretty impressive.
<Nuclear>   truth: the good samaritan actually checked for proof of citizenship and health insurance
<Axem>   did anyone catch jesus' birth certificate?
<Nuclear>   and jesus didnt actually give the 5000 their fish...he gave it to the romans and let it trickle down
<Axem>and he was totally pro tax breaks
<Axem>he threw out all those tax collectors at the temple
<Nuclear>   he drove a V8 camel too
<Nuclear>   with a sword rack for his fully-automatic daggers

Esarai: hey gaiz, what's a good improvised, final attack for a ship fighting to buy others time to escape to use?
RangerKarl|AtWork: stick your penis in the warp core
DarthGeek: no don't do that
amki: don't EVER do that

I
AM
IMPRESSED!

Offline JGZinv

Thanks all.

Hopefully we can get the word out and get some more help.
Realistically we've got a number of things half done, but needs a little work.

I know I'm not perhaps looking like I'm doing much here, as I'm split between
a gaming clan, trying to find work, several forums, and FS. Should be able to
knock some projects off with this long weekend then I hope to work on
some custom HUDs.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Cool stuff, how long have you been working on the project?
el hombre vicio...

Offline JGZinv

We'll be on our 4th anniversary later this month.  :cool:

You may wish to look through the general info thread for information such as this and more.

I forgot to mention since it was late when I posted the OP, but many folks may recognize the bases
as some of SolCommand's models. This is true and I have permission to use them. They may or may not make
it into the final product, but we needed something as a "base" to build upon and test things out when we
get around to those features.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 02:15:26 pm by JGZinv »

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I don't know what to say, the awesomeness has me speechless.
Goddamn the Archangel looks sexy in normals, The Pirannah and Barracuda are looking really good, even if they're untextured as of now.

On the in-game images, there's an ammo count for the Sunspot, is that the energy torpedo? It's been quite some time since I've played Tachyon, but this is the main question, will FringeSpace be able to replicate the behavior of the GalSpan's energy-based missiles (Like the Solaris and EMP torpedo, that's the only thing I can think of), that is, use the energy pool of the ship since they don't use a ballistic ammo count.

Something I've noticed and I think is funny, whenever I look at the Bora medium laser I can't help but think of a GTD Raynor.

Anyway, you've given me another mod to add to my list of mods I very much want to play. :D

Offline JGZinv

Energy is indeed tricky in FS2... even the energy allocation system is quite different.
Don't even ask about Tach's crazy complicated dmg system.. I think it's some kind of offspring
of DnD and Tetris.

Energy weapons are not going to be an issue, as Getter Robo did some stuff with
the old Star Trek mod that I saw, with torpedoes that looked very similar to what we need.
Weapons for us are in sort of a mixed state of completedness, as I've had to jump back
and forth between rigger, texture stuff, table stuff, management, ships, stations, etc...

Chatter cannon is spot on copied from Tach, lasers are not far from done, ballistic weapons are having
a hard time with impacts and dmg due to the speeds among other things. Sappers - I know
most if not all of the stuff needed for them are existing features. Torps I've just not worked on
to a great extent.

Lots of the shots above are year to two year old pics which are mostly me either showing
off cause I got it in game, or just fooling around with it. The Sunspot is the medium weight GS missile.
They get Spire Rockets, Sunspots Missiles, and Swarm Missiles, in that order for Base Wars unlocks.

Energy weps (from memory) are the Disruptor, Hunter, Solaris, (maybe Blast and Adv Blast), Railgun, Corona Device,
Tractor Beam, and all lasers. I'm not a frequent user of the blast and adv, so tad fuzzy there.

Zacam helped us with the Archangel bump mapping in order to set some things straight. If only we could
clone him a few times.  ^_^

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Navbuoy WIP:

It has a ways to go...  :nervous:
Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Hi  ;)
amazing work ! Archangel looks AWESOME.
as does everything...wow awesome quality

Merry Christmas, and best wishes for all!
maybe ill load old skool tach again, and make an appearance!
i still have all the original mods and files that i hosted on Gaming Pix
i made it a point to collect EVERYTHING and have an archive on storage drive
maybe ill host the Christmas Tree map that was hugely popular

say hi to Raz for me?
God Bless

you guys ROCK! cya in space!

Slippster
Have Fun! :)

Offline -Norbert-

I have a little question regarding the weapons sticking out of many models.
Will they be part of the actual model (ie fixed) or will they show the weapon model and thus change, depending on what you equip?

Offline JGZinv

Hey slip... been a while. Actually I'd like it if you'd host the tree, I have a stash too of course. But you doing it might as well be traditional.

Norbert ...  most of Tachyon's in game weapons were represented by glows even though they had a tech model. We will be replicating that look... but with better graphics of course. As such the models on the fighters are mainly for show.

Perhaps in the future we will do a pass over some assets and improve them even more, but for now we want to get our core feel down right and get a basic demo out the door.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:04:15 am by JGZinv »

well, DANGIT, forgot my user/pass to my router cant host w/o opening ports...soon as i get that squared away ill be able to host some of my most unusual maps,

i installed 36R, then nova server patch then Evolution 9, and i can play on your servers no problems.

so as soon as get my router fixed il serve some of my cool maps, like one i call Face 2 Face base wars ,
with both bases on top of each other in the same sector,  i have forgotten more than i remember, about modding maps
but while i was at it i think i did every idea i could think of, including putting crystals inside the roids,
 so it makes you actually "mine" for them!

hey do you have a working version of your FS mod that i could download and fly thru?

i have all  the Freespace games, and played thru each one, the flight model is a bit different,
 but once you get used to that, it rocks, the cap ship battles are fuggin epic!
FS is always one of my all time favorites, with Starlancer, and of course our home in space Tachyon The Fringe
WHOA! THATS A BIG GUN!

:)

Where do I get all of these lovely HD models?  ;)

Oh, is this for Tachyon or the Freespace mod? I'm confused...

Offline z64555

• Self-proclaimed controls expert
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Most, if not all, of the models showcased here will be in the FringeSpace (FS) mod for FreeSpace Open (FSO), mainly because FSO is far more modifiable and has had more updates over the years than T:TF.  ;)

The models won't be available to play with until Alpha release, but, as you might have guessed, due to a general lack of manpower I cannot say when that will be finished.

We have a handful of HD fighter craft and weaponry ready for Alpha, but we're still in need of modelers and textures. We're also in need of C++ coders to help with the development of a handful of tools to help with the transition from the T:TF engine to FSO, as well as help with adding some needed features in FSO before we can have the same or better game mechanics as in T:TF (namely weaponry mechanics and the ability to jump through TCG gates).

Secure the Source, Contain the Code, Protect the Project
chief1983

------------
funtapaz: Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Juche.
z64555: s/J/Do
BotenAlfred: <funtapaz> Hunchon University biologists prove mankind is evolving to new, higher form of life, known as Homopithecus Douche.

Offline JGZinv

^ What he said...

Despite my lack of updates we're not dead. Just real limited in time and manpower.
Mostly we're waiting on trying to get the model converter utility fixed / remade so we can fix half a dozen
issues we've had since the inception of the project. Z is the only only one actually doing work on it now, even
though I've offered a paid bounty on getting it finished.

Good help is hard to come by.