Author Topic: -Deleted-  (Read 1732 times)

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 10:37:27 am by badme »

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
  • A one hit wonder, you still want to touch this.
Re: My lasers are too bright?!
get screenshots. sounds like a funky flag setting or maybe your using a smartshader and forgot.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

I won't use google for you.

An0n sucks my Jesus ring.

Offline Kaboodles

• Kill the meat. Save the metal.
I remember playing FS2 with HDRish on.  It was fine until I found myself in a teal nebula. 

"Ah, the mission's finally loade-AARGHGG MY EYES!"

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
lol, try playing with hdrish in a subspace node mission. Talk about hurting your eyes there. Anyway, idk, if you absolutely can't figure out what's making the lasers too bright and other stuff. Install new graphics drivers for your card, and if not even then, save you're flag settings and profiles for fs2 and then use the installer to do a fresh install (crude ways sometimes help alleviate problems). And then you'll know what's going on. After that, profiles have been known to not look any different with new flag settings until you make a new profile.
But with fso it shouldn't be hard to deduce what's going wrong. The fresh install idea might get rid of a rogue file that might causing the high brightness that you didn't know about or find the location of it.
Every pilot's goal is to rise up in the ranks and go beyond their purpose to a place of command on a very big ship. Like the colossus; to baseball bat everyone.

SMBFD

Offline gman19

Whoa! That's a little too bright...

Check in the "Options" menu in-game and see what your brightness and detail levels are, that might help.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Holy **** that's bright. But it sort of looks more than bright. Try uninstalling your graphics driver and installing a new version for sure. Those lasers look like they have bloom applied to them while everything else doesn't.

SMBFD

You might want to check your ati control panel.  ATI has an equivalent of nVidia's contrast enhancer.  That might be the culprit.

Offline S-99

• MC Hammer
Ummm, try a fresh install of fs2 i guess. It never could hurt if you already have the cd's or have the installer.  If **** is too bright then, maybe it's windows.
Or somehow maybe you got a hold of some wierd mvp's.

SMBFD