Author Topic: The INF SCP Status Thread  (Read 77608 times)

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Re: The INF SCP Status Thread
Same as last time anybody asked.

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
Hey... tried inf1 a while ago and it was awsome. nice job on it.

I was wondering if there were any beta versions on scp i could download
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
Hey... tried inf1 a while ago and it was awsome. nice job on it.

I was wondering if there were any beta versions on scp i could download

Nope.

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
cool... thanx anyways.

ill be sure to keep an eye on it...
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline blowfish

• Join the cult of KILL MY ROUTER!!!!!!!!!!1
cool... thanx anyways.

Don't hold your breath.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
  • Evolution and ascension.
cool... thanx anyways.

Don't hold your breath.
Not true. Expect to hold it for several years.
Gettin' back to dodgin' lasers.

Offline mr.WHO

Since INF SCP is more or less freezed, INFA1 SA is what interest me much and INFA2 (coz it contain my beloved EA) even more. Any progress on those two? Any? Please?

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Progress goes slowly, but the main campaign is nearly finished. We just need to add a few other missions, do a final bug hunt and then INFASA can be released. (not INFA2 mind you).

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
If I were to add the required mediavp material to Twist of Fate, would it be usable in INF:ASA without changes?

Also, if you want I have some shiny sexy SCP versions of the FS1 weapons I made for Twist of Fate that I could give you guys. The FS1 weapons look like hell compared to the newer stuff.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 04:46:33 pm by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline Snail

• SC 5
If I were to add the required mediavp material to Twist of Fate, would it be usable in INF:ASA without changes?

No. Only pure campaigns (just missions and voice acting) will work without modification on INFASA. Since we've renamed all the models (instead of fighter01.pof we have INF_Ulysses.pof) it's quite difficult to port things over if you're not used to the procedure. FSPort campaigns are quite easy to port (since they use .tbms) but they still need to be modified in order to work properly.

INFASA is not terribly compatible but it's still relatively easy to port things over.

Also, if you want I have some shiny sexy SCP versions of the FS1 weapons I made for Twist of Fate that I could give you guys.

That would be cool, but Woomeister would ultimately have to authorize it.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
cool... thanx anyways.

:welcomesilver:

Welcome to the HLPBB!!! :D

Since INF SCP is more or less freezed, INFA1 SA is what interest me much and INFA2 (coz it contain my beloved EA) even more. Any progress on those two? Any? Please?

The changes/implementions are quite impressive, really. I continuously claim that even one more FREDder might be enough to complete the campaign in a few but we can get the job done even without additional help(the delay wouldn't be favorable, anyway).

Also, if you want I have some shiny sexy SCP versions of the FS1 weapons I made for Twist of Fate that I could give you guys. The FS1 weapons look like hell compared to the newer stuff.

That would be a compliment :P :lol:

As Snail said, let Woomeister know about them :)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Post last updated 29th June. Damn. :(

Offline Snail

• SC 5
INF:A is now avaliable from Filefront.

"Set in the Sol system after the collapse of the jump node to Delta Serpentis. Inferno: Alliance Standalone sets the ground for the formation of the EA when the systems two largest powers, Earth and Mars begin a war for control of the system."

This release will completely replace the Inferno Alliance package released in late 2006. Included is high-level FREDding from both me and Mobius, as well as great new weapons and high-poly versions of many of our ships.

This is a standalone release, so if you don't have FS2 installed on your computer there is no need to worry. Simply add the files into anywhere you like (not a root folder as it will cause problems).

The Release thread is here (Don't worry, no links cause of that damn prank :doubt:):
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53064.msg1072528.html

There's an online version of the included readme file here:
http://inferno.hard-light.net/SOL/readme/readme.html

Sample Screenshots:

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
INF:A is now avaliable from Filefront.

"Set in the Sol system after the collapse of the jump node to Delta Serpentis. Inferno: Alliance Standalone sets the ground for the formation of the EA when the systems two largest powers, Earth and Mars begin a war for control of the system."

This release will completely replace the Inferno Alliance package released in late 2006. Included is high-level FREDding from both me and Mobius, as well as great new weapons and high-poly versions of many of our ships.

This is a standalone release, so if you don't have FS2 installed on your computer there is no need to worry. Simply add the files into anywhere you like (not a root folder as it will cause problems).

The Release thread is here (Don't worry, no links cause of that damn prank :doubt:):
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,53064.msg1072528.html

There's an online version of the included readme file here:
http://inferno.hard-light.net/SOL/readme/readme.html

Sample Screenshots:

:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

INFASA actually released!!! Congrats guys!

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Wait, seriously?

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
It's the apocalypse! A TC released before all the hype!

Offline Mad Bomber

• Booooom
I think he decided to pull an April Fool's prank on us. The INFA site is unchanged, and the release thread is rickroll-tastic.

The problem with pulling a prank at the exact moment he did is, we're not all in Europe and thus the date shows up as March 31st to many of us, since he's 6 hours ahead.

Damnit Snail...  :ick:
"What the hell!? I've got a Snuffleupagus on my scanners! The Snuffleupagus is active!"

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Yeah. Damn.

Offline colecampbell666

• I See Dead Pictures
Asshat. At least sizzler isn't a lying bastard, he actually releases a campaign when he posts a thread.

Offline Woomeister

• Infyrno Missile
    • Inferno SCP
Well the first warning flag would of been that it wasn't me posting it, and its a copy of the original INFA release post :D