Author Topic: "Immortal" Karnak reactor model  (Read 1313 times)

"Immortal" Karnak reactor model
I've got a PVI Karnak with a reactor in the center, and an event set to blow up the Karnak if the reactor is destroyed. That all works fine. However, when all the explosion is done, the reactor model is still sitting there, including the hacky thruster glows. What's going on here, and how can I fix it?

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Re: "Immortal" Karnak reactor model
Naturally that depends on the model (and, less likely, on the subsystem tabling).

It's the Karnak reactor model included in fsport_mediavps. I haven't altered the table (yet). If there's anything else I can look up for you, let me know.

EDIT: The reactor is a separate ship.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 12:31:06 pm by xenocartographer »

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just guessing, but if that reactor is a separate model from the Karnak itself, you need to set up an event that destroys the reactor when the station dies.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

That's a neg, the reactor's destruction is noted in the event log. The reactor blowing up is what causes the station to go down in the first place.

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
Can you screenshot both the reactor and the mission log?

Also: is the reactor undergoing a death roll (complete with sound effects and mini-explosions) or is it really just sitting like a bump on a log?

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the problem has just as mysteriously disappeared. My guess is something was causing an overly long death roll, but I dunno.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 02:39:48 pm by xenocartographer »