Site Management > Site Support / Feedback

[code] in [hidden] doesn't work correctly (does not expand; Chrome browser)

(1/3) > >>

jr2:
See here.

ngld:
Someone should replace is_webkit && codeFix[ i ].offsetHeight < 20 with is_webkit && codeFix[ i ].offsetHeight < 20 && codeFix[ i ].offsetHeight > 0 in smf_codeBoxFix() (HLP's theme.js).

That function tries to calculate the correct height for code blocks which fails if the code block is hidden. It then sets a fixed height of 20px which causes the problem. A proper fix would be to run the function after the code block becomes visible but that's much more complicated and AFAICT the fix isn't needed anymore either.

Zacam:
While this IS an issue specific to chrome (in that I at least could not replicate in FF/Edge/IE), I went ahead and made the changes, I also deployed it to the Themes/default one as well.

Took a while for cache purging and what all to update, but once it did, I verified that it worked in Chrome as intended and that previous browsers behaviour did not change.

Behaviour should now be uniform, please advise of any cases otherwise.

jr2:
Doesn't seem to be working, even though I cleared the HLP site data and force-refreshed.  Maybe I'm getting an older copy from CloudFlare or something?  I'll try it again later to see if it changes.

Zacam:
Something is still cache serving the state of the file as of 2013-06-29, not sure what or where or how.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version