Author Topic: Campaign of the Week - The Lightning Marshal  (Read 10108 times)

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Re: Campaign of the Week - The Lightning Marshal
OK, a series of posts will probably follow with more bugs, but here's one off the start:

Warning: Can't open model file <starfield01.pof>
File:J:\src\cvs\fs2_open_3_6_9.final\code\Model\ModelRead.cpp
Line: 1904
[This filename points to the location of a file on the computer that built this executable]

Call stack:
------------------------------------------------------------------
    model_load()    stars_set_background_model()    stars_post_level_init()    game_post_level_init()    game_start_mission()    game_enter_state()    gameseq_set_state()    game_process_event()    gameseq_process_events()    game_main()    WinMain()    WinMainCRTStartup()    kernel32.dll 7c816fd7()
------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting that when loading mission 1.  It's not a showstopper, clicking no kicks you back to the load screen and you continue from there.

(Note that I'm running this campaign through the debug build expressly to identify these little issues).

Oh, and you start in the engine wake of the Actium in Mission 1... literally almost in the engine.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:57:34 pm by MP-Ryan »
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
One more thing... this is my nitcpicking coming out again, but the grammar in the briefings is absolutely atrocious.  Which brings me to a question about the scope of this project... are we merely updating campaigns to run with the latest SCP build and remove bugs, or are we improving them too?  I'd be quite happy to go through and edit the briefings.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Feel free to change that. As long as we're not talking about massive edits I think minor changes to text should be permissible.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Was that campaign ever finished? If no, is there a possibility to finish it?

Yes and No.

LM was released in chapters, so while the full campaign was never actually completed, four out of the proposed seven (I think) chapters were released as fully playable independent minicampaigns.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Sarafan

• No Title

Yes and No.

LM was released in chapters, so while the full campaign was never actually completed, four out of the proposed seven (I think) chapters were released as fully playable independent minicampaigns.

Then aside from just restoring it, would it be possible to make a effort to finish it?

Offline jr2

• The Mail Man
  • It's prounounced jayartoo 0x6A7232
    • Steam
That's outside our scope, isn't it?  We restore them.  We don't finish them.  If we finished them, then we might not have time to restore others, I'm guessing.  (Although I do precious little here*)

*read: none yet... :(

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Nobody seemed terribly interested in Lightning Marshal.  I did post up LM1 with all LS backgrounds and nameplates, but got little feedback or interest.  Oh well.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Nobody seemed terribly interested in Lightning Marshal.  I did post up LM1 with all LS backgrounds and nameplates, but got little feedback or interest.  Oh well.

That's a campaign new members will surely play. And we started with Warzone, not a campaign like S:AH ;)
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Goober5000

• HLP Loremaster
    • Goober5000 Productions
LM 1 and 2 are kind of crap.  But LM 3 and 4 are very good.

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Out of boredom, I made a quick reskin of the HTL Orion to make it look like the Liberty.

[attachment deleted by admin]