Author Topic: Titan Rebellion - [TRe] - [PT 70%|FC 15%|Te 60%|VA 0%]  (Read 21756 times)

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: De Bello Civili Titano (Titan Rebellion)
Hades,
Is there any chance you might be able to fix the errors with the Vampire's cockpit?
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
What are they?
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

This beautiful model was never quite finished as the Ezechiel was.  I notice that its cockpit appears to be a solid mass of silver even though it uses the same texture as the Ezechiel does.  Any ideas as to why this might be?

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

Offline Hades

Try intglass?

[attachment deleted by ninja]
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

I don't understand?  I would presume that this would be some kind of hierarchy problem.

Offline Hades

It works for me, but I think it reflects to much black.

« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 12:34:37 pm by Hades »
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

What did you change?  The cockpit is visible through the glass?

Offline Hades

I found the problem, you want it to be clear glass, right?
It was set at GOLDGLASS.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Hades

It may be the model itself...
Or the texture.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

Right, the model seems to have a typical cockpit like the Ezechiel, but for some reason the glass is not transparent as it is on the Ezechiel and other cockpitted models.

Offline Hades

It must be FreeSpace 2.
It looks fine in PCS2

----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

Is GOLDGLASS the same texture used on the Ezechiel's cockpit?

Offline Hades

No it is not, it uses glass.
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

Perhaps this is a question for Bobboau or for Kazan?

Offline Hades

Yes it is.
It should be clear, but it is not...
----
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
Ok, I continued to play through the campaign.

1) English's not my first language(it's not my second language, either)so I don't know if this sentence is correct...I found it strange. Bloody Lane, success debriefing, "Command responded by dispatched the 2nd Fleet";

2) Same mission. Three GTVA destroyers jump in...do you find it weird? There should be smaller vessels, too. What do you think?

3) Following mission. Mizraim's pod is always considered friendly while its IFF should change. Furthermore, it behaves strangely and jumps out only after a few. Furthermore, it is invulnerable...we should use ship-guardian-threshold;

4) Same mission. The way the Agamemnon takes out the Installation is bad. It should fire earlier. And there are no messages about the destruction of the Installation(after the arrival of that destroyer).

5) "Controlling the Hunt". The Agamemnon should definitely start firing later. The player has no chance of rearming during the mission, so he will most likely have to use primaries against the beams.

6) Same mission. The Maras of Alpha wing use Terran weapons, that's not realistic. Should we use a 100% Shivan SF Mara? As far as I know, it can be done;

7) "Call down the Thunder". Briefing, Stage 7. The Titan icon's class is set to GTVA Colossus;

8) Same mission. The player apparently has no coverage so turrets can fire at him. We should add protect flag;

9) Same mission. Iota wing of Argo transports is...a wing. It behaves strangely. We should disband the wing and make all transports indipendent;

10) Same mission. The player can give orders to some of the ships(the cruiser Minsk and the Saar, if I remember well);

11) Same mission. Does the destroyer the player is based on partecipate to the operation? We should change the classic RTB---> jump put thing to a landing. Or we can simply use end-mission;

12) "Greater than the Gods". The Titan model I have lacks some of the textures, so I oftentimes ram on it. What happened to those textures? Many turrets seem floating in space!

13) Same mission. The scan bridge directive is weird. The bridge can't be scanned. I started scanning the other subsystems and, all of a sudden, the RTB directive appeared. There were no related messages. Weird;

14) "Fires of Revolution". The mission needs a skybox;

15) Same mission. The game crashed when the Minsk was close to its waypoint. I have no clue on what happened and I couldn't play the mission a second time(busy);
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

Ok, I continued to play through the campaign.

1) English's not my first language(it's not my second language, either)so I don't know if this sentence is correct...I found it strange. Bloody Lane, success debriefing, "Command responded by dispatched the 2nd Fleet";
Should read "by dispatching".

2) Same mission. Three GTVA destroyers jump in...do you find it weird? There should be smaller vessels, too. What do you think?
Probably reflects system limitations back when the campaign was first made.

3) Following mission. Mizraim's pod is always considered friendly while its IFF should change. Furthermore, it behaves strangely and jumps out only after a few. Furthermore, it is invulnerable...we should use ship-guardian-threshold;

Yes, as long as we are careful to make sure he can never be destroyed, as Snipes can be in FS2.

4) Same mission. The way the Agamemnon takes out the Installation is bad. It should fire earlier. And there are no messages about the destruction of the Installation(after the arrival of that destroyer).

5) "Controlling the Hunt". The Agamemnon should definitely start firing later. The player has no chance of rearming during the mission, so he will most likely have to use primaries against the beams.

Okay, go ahead.

6) Same mission. The Maras of Alpha wing use Terran weapons, that's not realistic. Should we use a 100% Shivan SF Mara? As far as I know, it can be done;

This bugged me too.  At least they should have Shivan primaries.

7) "Call down the Thunder". Briefing, Stage 7. The Titan icon's class is set to GTVA Colossus;

My mistake.  I must have forgotten to change this when I removed the Colossus.

8) Same mission. The player apparently has no coverage so turrets can fire at him. We should add protect flag;
can you be more specific?

9) Same mission. Iota wing of Argo transports is...a wing. It behaves strangely. We should disband the wing and make all transports indipendent;

I agree.
10) Same mission. The player can give orders to some of the ships(the cruiser Minsk and the Saar, if I remember well);

Should be fixed.

11) Same mission. Does the destroyer the player is based on partecipate to the operation? We should change the classic RTB---> jump put thing to a landing. Or we can simply use end-mission;

Makes sense to have you land.
12) "Greater than the Gods". The Titan model I have lacks some of the textures, so I oftentimes ram on it. What happened to those textures? Many turrets seem floating in space!

Get the second download I posted.  The missing textures are in it.
13) Same mission. The scan bridge directive is weird. The bridge can't be scanned. I started scanning the other subsystems and, all of a sudden, the RTB directive appeared. There were no related messages. Weird;

This is strange.  Perhaps a POF issue?

14) "Fires of Revolution". The mission needs a skybox;

Okay to fix.

15) Same mission. The game crashed when the Minsk was close to its waypoint. I have no clue on what happened and I couldn't play the mission a second time(busy);

Not sure what this could be.

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
I hate to discuss all these things in a public forum :doubt:

Anyways...

1) Yes, "by dispatching" is what I think is correct. I guess there are other errors in the campaign, and I obviously can't find them all;

2) I see. Suggestions? That scene is so unrealistic...;

3) There virtually are no risks if we use ship-guardian-threshold :9;

4&5) Ok.

6) Without considering the thrusters, which are Terran. Where are the table entries we need? Someone can get them, please?

7) I see. Well, it's easily fixable;

8) When I get close to warships, they fire on me with their turrets. A ship-protect flag should solve the problem, in my opinion;

9) Ok.

10) That is going to be easy :D;

11) But the destroyer is far. I estimate it takes about one minute to land. I find end-mission a better solution, what do you think?

12) Ah, ok. Thanks. I knew I was missing something :blah:;

13) Or a directive error. The bridge can't be scanned so the player is supposed to scan sensors, navigation, etc. etc.. It could be a POF error, however;

14) LOL ;);

15) I will play the mission again and try to get to the bottom of this problem;
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I would just like to say good work. :yes:

You guys are doing a lot of great work and churning out a lot of good-quality stuff, which is more than can be said about some teams around here *cough*MT*cough*.

Offline Admiral Nelson

Thanks! :)

Now we just need Mobius to post his next update!  :lol: