Author Topic: Titan Rebellion - [TRe] - [PT 70%|FC 15%|Te 60%|VA 0%]  (Read 21752 times)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
Re: De Bello Civili Titano (Titan Rebellion)
I just looked and I don't see it.
If so, there's really no problem if it goes on a diet. :p
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Open it in Modelview. Have 2 open at the same time. Titan3.pof and TitanComplete.pof. If you switch between the windows you can see a slight change.

I'm only pointing it out, there's nothing wrong with it. :)

Offline Hades

• FINISHING MODELS IS OVERRATED
  • i wonder when my polycounts will exceed my iq
I think it needs paths to fire or something like that.
[22:29] <sigtau> Hello, #hard-light?  I'm trying to tell a girl she looks really good for someone who doesn't exercise.  How do I word that non-offensively?
[22:29] <RangerKarl|AtWork> "you look like a big tasty muffin"
----
<batwota> wouldn’t that mean that it’s prepared to kiss your ass if you flank it :p
<batwota> wow
<batwota> KILL

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Paths are there to assist craft in attacking subsystems or for docking/undocking.  I never got around to adding them before as the final mission is to invlive transports flying in and landing on the Titan.  Thus they would require a specific path to make the mission work right.  Thanks for doing them, in any case.

I see still the bug with scanning the Titan's bridge, haven't figured out a solution yet.  The campaign seems to be pretty bug free now otherwise.  One thing I mean to do is to make a few changes to the standard models used.  I intended to replace the bombers in mission 12 with the Azaes craft.  The issue here is that this craft uses ballistic weapons, which messes up the mission balance as the support ship like to warp in within range of the Aeolus' beam weapons and get vaporized.  Some table work will be required here.  I didn't find it believable that one could 'scrap a Ptah' and suddenly make an ordinary bomber stealthy.

Some other model replacements:
I never liked clone Icenis.  These could be swapped out for Stratcomm's Bellerophon.
The flak testbed would make a perfect use for Axem's Cretheus.
Perhaps another of Stratcomm's vessels for the beam testbed.

If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.

we need an picture for this campain this launcher request that

Offline Mobius

• Back where he started
  • Porto l'azzurro Dolce Stil Novo nella fantascienza
    • The Lightblue Ribbon | Cultural Project
The campaign creator just contacted me and Nelson. I asked for his plans...here they are:

Mission 14 – War and Peace – A joint GTVA and NeoIntel force strikes out against Some of Hossels forces. Messana finds the Antietam, Shiloh shows up. Antietam is finally destroyed, though the Titan manages to destroy much of the GTVA fleet. Kill Mizraim.

Mission 15 – Stealing Fire from the Gods – Hossel has set up yet another Ganymede cannon. NeoIntel goes in to capture the cannon. AWAC covers the operation. Attacks on AWAC, then attacks on Ganymede rings. Some other Hossel ships come in. Once the Titan arrives, it opens fire and starts blasting the Titan to pieces. Titan escapes after the Ganymede ring is destroyed.

Mission 16 – Titan’s End – GTVA and NeoIntel launch a final consorted attack on the Titan. Beams must be taken down. Engines must be disabled. Hossel pulls out whatever tricks he has left, but in the end the Titan is destroyed.
The Lightblue Ribbon

Inferno: Nostos - Alliance
Series Resurrecta: {{FS Wiki Portal}} -  Gehenna's Gate - The Spirit of Ptah - Serendipity (WIP) - <REDACTED> (WIP)
FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project
A tribute to FreeSpace in my book: Riflessioni dall'Infinito
My interviews: [ 1 ] - [ 2 ] - [ 3 ]

Offline Admiral Nelson

• Resurrecter of Campaigns
  • The GTA expects that every man will do his duty.
Re: Titan Rebellion - [TRe] - [PT 70%|FC 15%|Te 60%|VA 0%]
Now there is a blast from the past!! :) He must have been surprised to find people still interested in his work from seven years ago....

There isn't really a whole lot left to do with the existing missions.  My to do list looks like this:

replace Icenis with Stratcomm model
    I was never a fan of clone Icenis; I intended either to use Stratcomm's Bellerophon or Nx's Saphah

Vampire model fix
    Intended for unfinished mission use; the cockpit is solid silver instead of transparent

Shivan weapon loadout in Shivan Mission 8
    In mission 8 the player flys Shivan ships with Terran weapons.  These ships should really use Shivan weapons and not Terran.  Same for the Moloch.

Orion Nameplate MediaVps
     The MediaVPs Orion will use a different file name for the nameplate.  Needs to be updated when MediaVPs final

We would still need a volunteer to FRED the final three missions.

Latest version is available here.
If a man consults whether he is to fight, when he has the power in his own hands, it is certain that his opinion is against fighting.