Author Topic: The McCarthy Campaign  (Read 3633 times)

The McCarthy Campaign
Ignore this, use the above thread.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 04:18:08 pm by Three Niner »
Your ad here

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Re: The McCarthy Campaign
Alright, twist my arm already ;)

I'll look at it.

Offline Vrets

Something new to play! It's been so long!

/downloads

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
:welcome:

Wow, it's not every day we see someone join the community with something like this in-progress. :) I'll have to give this a shot; I've never played (or even been aware of) the original campaign myself, but anything exploring the McCarthy situation is good stuff in my book.

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
You may want to take a look at this thread.
http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php/topic,52233.0.html
The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project has started some work on the project. 
The modified campaign is also available on freespacemods.net as well as filefront.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Augh!! So I guess this has already been done. :sigh:

But I'll still continue, because I've come a long way, and I'm almost finished, but also because as I said, this is a remake. Admiral Nelson's was really a straight-on conversion of the original, with few changes. But I've made a lot of alterations, added dialouge, SCP enhancements, hopefully for the better.

Also, thanks for the reception :D
Your ad here

Offline Macfie

• If somebody made a campaign I've probably got it
Please continue on.  The campaign modifications we made were very basic and what is on freespacemods.net is by no means a finished product.  I'll take a look at what you have so far and do some testing for you.  Let me know when you get more missions complete.  If you post over on The FreeSpace Campaign Restoration Project board you can probably get some more help if you need it.
Normal people believe that if it isn't broke, don't fix it. Engineers believe that if it isn't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.
The difference between Mechanical Engineers and Civil Engineers is:
Mechanical Engineers build weapons.  Civil Engineers build targets
An optimist sees the glass half full; the pessimist sees it half empty. An engineer sees that the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Get a copy of WinMerge and compare the FSCRP version against the original. Then just add any of those changes that are required into your version. :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Why can't there just be two campaigns on it?

Macfie: All right, that's what I'll do. Could a moderator please move this thread to the FSCRP forum? I'll work on it some more today and get additional missions posted later.

EDIT: All right, I'm very close to finishing up the entire campaign. Once it's finished, I'll start a new thread in the FSCRP forum. Everyone please hold on to their comments until then. :)

ETIT2: AUGH! Someone actually did move it! And I already started another thread. Well, please direct all comments to the above thread.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 06:58:00 am by Three Niner »
Your ad here