FreeSpace Releases > Scripting Releases

TactiComms - slow motion for the communications menu

<< < (2/4) > >>

Colonol Dekker:
For solaris it's ideal.  It's a bit faster paced than the usual FS2 stuff Darius.  I'm in no way undermining it's true value :D

EatThePath:
Glad everyone's so hyped about this. I had originally thought Darius wanted this for specific missions rather than all missions, which is why it has a sexp to turn it on. This weekend I may add a little config file to it, so mods can just enable it globally without having to add a sexp to every mission. The sexp will still be there in case it needs to enabled or disabled ever, though.

Mobius:
I'm totally in favor of this handy option and yeah, I also believe it should be activated on a per-mission basis via SEXPs. There are several circumstances in fanmade missions where such a feature would really help the player manage wingmen the proper way (one example would be SR's Raise Thy Sword, which apparently has an ever growing reputation as wingmen management challenge).

Other missions are definitely better off with the regular settings. :)

EatThePath:

--- Quote from: Mobius on July 21, 2023, 02:19:25 pm ---I'm totally in favor of this handy option and yeah, I also believe it should be activated on a per-mission basis via SEXPs. There are several circumstances in fanmade missions where such a feature would really help the player manage wingmen the proper way (one example would be SR's Raise Thy Sword, which apparently has an ever growing reputation as wingmen management challenge).

Other missions are definitely better off with the regular settings. :)

--- End quote ---

The version Darius posted has what you need, then. It defaults to off, and needs to be toggled on via sexp. I'm just thinking that for a mod that wants it always on, like Solaris seems to be doing, it'd be easier to just have a config switch that can be set once and not bother with the sexp expect for times when it needs to be temporarily off.

The current SEXP also lets you set how deep the time compression goes, and how long it takes to transition in and out. The defaults for that could also be set in that config.

Darius:
Added a download link for a global version of the script.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version