Author Topic: Multi-part turrets are not being recognized  (Read 2888 times)

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
Multi-part turrets are not being recognized
Title mostly says it all...  If I try to set up a turret with the barrel object and helpers as children of the base object, PCS2 will not link the barrel object to the turret base when setting up the turret info.  The turret will thus behave like a single-part turret with a subobject when ingame.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 05:42:26 pm by Talon 1024 »
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Re: Multi-part turrets are not being recognized
which program are you exporting into PCS2 from?
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Talon 1024

• How do you turn this on?
    • Mods, Games, and Stuff
which program are you exporting into PCS2 from?
Blender 2.49a

I have the turret set up like this:
To understand religion, you need to understand morality first. | WCSaga website | WCSaga Forum | 158th website | 158th forum | Project Leader: WC: Hostile Frontier | WCHF Thread at CIC | Wing Blender | Twist of Fate | Multipart turrets on angled surfaces, tutorial included. | My Google Drive stuff | To convert speeds from WC to WCS, multiply both the cruise speed and the Afterburner speed by 0.15625 (5/32)

FS2 Mods I'm waiting on: Inferno 10th Anniversary
Current Project: Contestant Android app, Learn4Life iOS app, Blender Commander (importer).
The FreeSpace Font Foundry is back in action!

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
The firepoints should be children of the barrels helper called multifirepoints* for multipart turrets.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
two things come to mind

firstly from your picture, when I name the firepoints I name them firepoint01-01 etc

secondly is the turret parented to the detail0 ?

The firepoints should be children of the barrels helper called multifirepoints* for multipart turrets.

when working with blender you parent to the base
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158
That changed when it was pointed out that the game does turret offsets relative to the barrels.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
That changed when it was pointed out that the game does turret offsets relative to the barrels.

didnt know that  :nervous: :eek2:

tbh I only use the helper-firepoints to get them into PCS2 because half the time the normals are borked anyway so might as well fine tune the firepoint placement while I'm at it