Author Topic: Just found this...  (Read 1274 times)

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Just found Re-Volt, an old game back from '99 surfing the net today, and I can't wait till I get home to download it right away and start playing it for the 10th time.

Anyone knows if this is actually free, google says nothing about the rights so I'm kinda clueless as If I should download it or not.

EDIT: removed link to files until proven it's freeware.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 05:00:35 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Shivan Hunter

• FRED needs lambdas!
keyword on the article is 'abandonware'.

Quote from: wikipedia
Though Acclaim Entertainment is now defunct, some fans give support to the game with fanmade vehicles and maps, as well as custom online servers.
As of 2004 the future of the series is still unknown, despite Throwback Entertainment confirmed a next generation version.

Sounds a bit like FS's legal status, at least to me. Would it be available on GOG or another reseller?

[EDIT] looked on GOG and it's not there. If there's nowhere else you can get it, I'd say you should get it from abandonia, although I doubt that's the official stance of HLP.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
lost many hours on the family network to that game back in the day, the graphics were pretty awesome for the time to
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Solatar

I'll have to bookmark this for when I return to the dorms this fall.  Looks like a great game for a drunken late night LAN party.

Offline Davros

It was never released as freeware

Offline Unknown Target

• Get off my lawn!
  • Push.Pull?
I have it on an old scratched up CD somewhere. Game is awesome. :) Some of the music was great techno bop stuff too.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I remember playing the demo of this back then, and liked the concept a lot but didn't get the game.

[EDIT] looked on GOG and it's not there. If there's nowhere else you can get it, I'd say you should get it from abandonia, although I doubt that's the official stance of HLP.

There is no official stance on abandonware except for posting links, which we tend to discourage. I personally agree with you on that. A game that old is unsupported today unless GoG (who test and fix old games for compatibility) releases it, and there is no guarantee it will work properly on modern hardware.