Author Topic: Armored Leviathan Release  (Read 11198 times)

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel
Re: Armored Leviathan Release
I think this up-armored version would make more sense on the Fenris.  It reminds me of the Hummer's up-armor development.

For the TL;DR, the M998 original Hummer is vaguely reflected in the Fenris, and the later M1114 version seems to be more reflected in the Leviathan.  This mesh could be something like a field installed kit to upgrade Fenris in the interim while Leviathans were rolling off the line, and to extend the lifespan of Fenris ships still in the field.

My main reason for suggesting this is that it doesn't seem to make much sense to up-armor what was already a factory heavily armored version of the Fenris.  Do we need moar daka armor?  Or do we need to protect our aging Fenris ships?

Linky doesn't worky.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
Fixed.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
I much prefer the M1151 style Leviathan than Chubby McChubithan.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:58:57 am by Commander Zane »

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
Yeah, the upgrade between the Cain and Lilith was rather understated, so I sought to produce the same effect. Pudgy Leviathans aren't my thing.
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Snail

• SC 5
I'd prefer a compromise between the glossing over all the details approach and the clinically obese Leviathan.

Offline chief1983

• Still lacks a custom title
  • ⬇️⬆️⬅️⬅️🅰➡️⬇️
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
    • Fate of the Galaxy
I think it would be more impressive if the armor were slightly elevated away from the hull on some sort of mounts.
Fate of the Galaxy - Now Hiring!  Apply within | Diaspora | SCP Home | Collada Importer for PCS2
Karajorma's 'How to report bugs' | Mantis
#freespace | #scp-swc | #diaspora | #SCP | #hard-light on EsperNet

"You may not sell or otherwise commercially exploit the source or things you created based on the source." -- Excerpt from FSO license, for reference

Nuclear1:  Jesus Christ zack you're a little too hamyurger for HLP right now...
iamzack:  i dont have hamynerge i just want ptatoc hips D:
redsniper:  Platonic hips?!
iamzack:  lays

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Make it look like the frakking battlestar galactica.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I prefer the original, identical mesh over all the "remakes" to be honest...maybe it's just because I'm so used to seeing it like that.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I like it, has this MkII look.
The middle section needs more love, though.
Little in the middle but she packs much back?

Offline Rga_Noris

• What?
Angelus don't want none unless it's got buns hun...
I think I'll call REAL Mahjong 'Chinese Dominoes', just to make people think I'm an ignorant asshat.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
Discussion of Mobius' Leviathan has been moved to FreeSpace Modding.

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=70516.0
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline Angelus

• The Angriest Angel

uhm, wut?

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter

uhm, wut?

Listen to Baby got Back :lol:
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline Kolgena

Erm. So I'm too lazy to open every single terrain cruiser pof to figure out which one the leviathan uses. I'm not a fan of the 3.6.12 leviathan, and would like to know where to find the original to override it. Can someone point me in the right direction?

(Hopefully I get to keep the tweaked textures though, since that was a job well done)

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
The model is cruiser01x.pof, and you can pull it from the 3.6.10 MediaVPs. I don't think you'll like what you find, though, since the textures reflect the new model's geometry. You might just want to make your own TBM that changes the model file back to cruiser01.pof and have a red Leviathan.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
I'm...going to go ahead and use the old Leviathan model again too.
I liked that blue and the odd shades of greens.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Snail

• SC 5
Ugh. I'm definitely going back to the old one. :doubt: