Author Topic: Robert Space Industries. From the Wing commander + sequels makers  (Read 73532 times)

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Re: Robert Space Industries. From the Wing commander + sequels makers
You get a different title.

Scout vs. Mercenary
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
Site is back online. You now can get access to your account or create a new one. Even with this probs the timer is atm at 644.000 $. 32 % complete. Let's push that up. Activate Afterburners!!!

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Not a million yet... Are you kidding me? ^^
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Not enough press on it honestly.

Honestly 2 mil shouldn't be the target.  You want 4 mil for the "mod tools" and I don't see it getting there without
a lot more publication.  There's at least $15K in people wanting more details before they will donate on the forums.
About half that in overseas folks that are having issues.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
Yay! Site back up.

Plopped 40$ for now.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:23:24 am by TrashMan »
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline 666maslo666

• Artificial Neural Network
Still cannot register or pledge for some reason, I am stuck on the register screen.

I hope the game wont be blurry, as Cryengine 3 games tend to be.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci

Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics. Even if you win you are still retarded.

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Site is back online. You now can get access to your account or create a new one. Even with this probs the timer is atm at 644.000 $. 32 % complete. Let's push that up. Activate Afterburners!!!

Not a million yet... Are you kidding me? ^^
Well, they already raised the money that Nexus 2 has as end goal.

Still cannot register or pledge for some reason, I am stuck on the register screen.

I hope the game wont be blurry, as Cryengine 3 games tend to be.
Same, once I hit the complete sign up button nothing happens. it just refreshes the page.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Topgun

The site is back up

I have to say, at 875k now 6 to 7 days in, that's not bad at all considering the trouble with the site before and so many people still untapped. I do think it's good to try to spread the word regarding the development of this game and the need for fan support to show the interest in the genre which might benefit us here as well. I haven't been able to donate yet, but will get to it once I have the ability to, thinking of going for a relatively high pledge.
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline newman

I have to say, at 875k now 6 to 7 days in, that's not bad at all considering the trouble with the site before and so many people still untapped. I do think it's good to try to spread the word regarding the development of this game and the need for fan support to show the interest in the genre which might benefit us here as well. I haven't been able to donate yet, but will get to it once I have the ability to, thinking of going for a relatively high pledge.

This is, among other things, a test to see how wrong the general concensus of the gaming industry about space sims not being profitable really is. So to me the decision whether to pledge some cash or not isn't just about wanting to play that game, it's really about hoping the genre can be resurrected. So I really hope they manage to hit the best case scenario in crowd funding.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

Offline Luis Dias

903k @ the moment. 7 days. They could hit 3 million by this rate.

Offline newman

They could - though that number will probably rise more slowly the more time has gone by. Still, some people might decide to upgrade their pledge once it's over the $2 million mark. Hoping for the best.
You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

This is, among other things, a test to see how wrong the general concensus of the gaming industry about space sims not being profitable really is. So to me the decision whether to pledge some cash or not isn't just about wanting to play that game, it's really about hoping the genre can be resurrected. So I really hope they manage to hit the best case scenario in crowd funding.

I fully agree with you, that's also what I was trying to convey when I said that it would benefit us at HLP as well. Hope everyone can spread their influence around a little and inform other people they know to pledge, even if it's just the 10 dollar one as it counts as another 'Fan' of the space sim genre.

The idea is that Chris Roberts' team can use the higher numbers of fans and the money raised as leverage to convince their big investor(s) to invest the funds and trust necessary to make the game - the higher the pledge total the more RSI might receive as an investment.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 01:07:43 pm by JCDNWarrior »
I'm all about getting the most out of games, so whenever I discover something very strange or push the limits, I upload them here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JCDentonCZ

-----------------

"Do you begin to see, then, what kind of world we are creating? It is the exact opposite of the stupid hedonistic Utopias that the old reformers imagined. A world of fear and treachery and torment, a world of trampling and being trampled upon, a world which will grow not less but more merciless as it refines itself. Progress in our world will be progress to more pain."
- George Orwell

Offline Spoon

• ヾ(´︶`♡)ノ
Pledged me 24 euro just now.
Urutorahappī!!

[02:42] <@Axem> spoon somethings wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> critically wrong
[02:42] <@Axem> im happy with these missions now
[02:44] <@Axem> well
[02:44] <@Axem> with 2 of them

Offline Dark RevenantX

• anonymity —> animosity
Keep in mind it won't even be an MMO right away.  Their timeline puts it at 12 months before they release the multiplayer alpha and 18 months before the campaign is released.  It'll be around 30 months before the MMO portion is finalized.

The numbers may be off but the single player stuff definitely comes between the multiplayer alpha testing and the final release.

Offline newman

It's not supposed to be a MMO, more of a single player with some MMO elements - meaning you'll be able to have friends join you as wingmen in some missions, possibly trade with them, etc. I don't think they were aiming for a full MMO experience. At least I hope they weren't.

As I feared, the collected money figure is starting to increase at a slower rate. There's also only about 10,000 space sim fans that actually pledged, which isn't a number that's going to convince the suits they were wrong, when they can sell something like Modern Warfare 3 in 1.5 million copies on the first night it's out. The fact the collected money is close to $1 million is more of a testament to the hardcore nature of space sim fans who are, in a large part, willing to donate quite a bit of money to play what Roberts is promising. But I'm afraid 10,000 gamers isn't a figure that proves us right. Since they have well over three weeks of crowd funding left, they should start exploring every venue of marketing to bring in more people. And do something about that.. erm.. "oldshool" (trying to find a polite way of saying it) website.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 05:06:02 am by newman »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
On the video, they mentioned "what we call a 'combat instance'". Now to me, that feels a lot like the sort of one-off combat mission thing that would happen between a massive map/inventory based front end interface. :shaking:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
my interpretation of the presentation stream is that the combat instance only applies to the MMO side to help with managing who is involved in a combat and stuff like processor loads as he describes it as two ships (I am presuming player) crossing paths in the game and shooting starts between them.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Deathsnake

• Again there
    • German Wing Commander Site
*Update* Already hits the first Million. Now you can pledge on Kickstarter too. Already over 110.000 $ there. Now you can count that together :D

+
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen
=

1.175.000 atm - and raising...
« Last Edit: October 19, 2012, 02:49:37 am by Deathsnake »
Star Citizen No. 250

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
my interpretation of the presentation stream is that the combat instance only applies to the MMO side to help with managing who is involved in a combat and stuff like processor loads as he describes it as two ships (I am presuming player) crossing paths in the game and shooting starts between them.

I hope so,  I just don't want it to be all 2D with teeny tiny Mace Griffon scale space engagements interwoven.

*Update* Already hits the first Million. Now you can pledge on Kickstarter too. Already over 110.000 $ there. Now you can count that together :D

+
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen
=

1.175.000 atm - and raising...

I'm sorely tempted, mah golden ticket is nice, but If i can wangle some extra pimp for my ride......
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Luis Dias

The money count in the kickstarter page is just rising up in real time.