Author Topic: Looking around on SFM, found some things you might like.  (Read 4993 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Looking around on SFM, found some things you might like.
How are those guns going to rotate? They'll bash into each other.

I'm not a fan TBH. As has been mentioned, it looks very much like a kitbash (even though I know the creator almost certainly made it from scratch). One of the joys of 3d effects is that kitbashing can be relegated to the past - take inspiration from existing designs, don't just cut bits out here and there and call it something new.

All that aside (and on to the fun stuff of making things up :D) to me it looks like a military supply vessel. Remove those 4 guns (replace with one) and you're good. The runways are solely for raptors and shuttles, as well (in all likelihood) as some kind of special cargo ship that's capable of making non combat landings on battlestar decks to transfer ammunition, fuel etc. to keep the ship fighting without it neccesarily having to dock with a station. Explains the inability for vipers to make a safe landing there, the scale of the ship, its poor armament and, since it would have been a product of the last Cylon war (resupply ships like this would rarely get upgraded in non wartime) it's justifiable how much it looks like Galactica.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Offline Snagger

Re: Looking around on SFM, found some things you might like.
Assuming it has the same arrangement of ventral armament as the Galactica, then it's punch equates to half that of the Glactica itself.  That makes it a pretty effective mutli-purpose cruiser with plenty of punch, requireing a hell of a lot resources and crew than a Galactica class Battlestar.  Given it's roughly half the size and has roughly half the armament, two could be built and crewd for the price of one Galactica, and that allows a lot more flexibility on deployments and operations, and allows more advantageous tactics than a single craft permits.  It looks viable to me - there's no reason Vipers couldn't use it; there could be some kind of arrestor barrier to prevent screwed up landings going too "deep", a bit like the RHAGs (the raised catch nets at the ends of the runway) on NATO runways and carriers.