Author Topic: WiH Act 1 and 2 music  (Read 2042 times)

Offline Freon

WiH Act 1 and 2 music
Let me start with the fact that Blue Planet is my favourite mod for Freespace 2, and the effort the team has put in looks to be immense, and it shows in the brilliantly designed missions, storyline, and music placement. 
However, speaking of music placement, the latest release has different music in some places :(  I can only assume this is due to copyright issues. 

I suppose I'm just looking for confirmation as to the music changes, seeing as they make me a little sad.  The impact isn't quite what it was originally.

PS  No disrespect to Belisarius (composer of the new music?)  or the rest of the team.  Just looking for answers.

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Re: WiH Act 1 and 2 music
You talking about changes of music placement in Acts 1 & 2? Or in Act 3? :confused:
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline MetalDestroyer

• Starwars reborn!
I think, he's talking about Act 1 & 2. There were some copyright issue majorly in Germany.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Which tracks got changed? I only remember the music in Darkest Hour. What else came up?

e: We may have pulled one of the AoA tracks as well?

Offline Crybertrance

Which tracks got changed? I only remember the music in Darkest Hour. What else came up?

e: We may have pulled one of the AoA tracks as well?

Aww...the music in Darkest Hour? as in "Boatyard3"? that was my favourite soundtrack in WiH...  :( :( :( :(

errythin is ruined!
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Boatyard3 didn't appear in Darkest Hour?

Offline CKid

The only place that Boatyard3 plays is in "Pawns on a Board of Bone"
If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong

Offline Crybertrance

:wtf: What played during Darkest Hour then? imperativa?

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
:wtf: What played during Darkest Hour then? imperativa?

No...I believe it's called 'errf' in the files.

The only music change I noticed was... crap, I can't remember the mission in WiH.

Um, during the opening of "A Time for Heroes" in AoA, before the Sath shows up. The music was changed to "brief08" from whatever it was before. Not a bad change, but whatever. The track change was echoed in an early WiH mission as well.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
The 3rd Quarter of Ave Imperator (Or simply the Antarean Theme form Angels Fall First) was released by it's composer strictly under personal use allowance, that's why I asked the BP team to get rid of it. If you feel anger at me for this, fear not! They named a ship after me for being in the alpha of their latest mod, now game. You'll be able to blow it up in revenge all the times you want once the game is released!

Offline Freon

I've just started act 2 again, and there were some minor changes that didn't bother me, like the music before the sath shows up, and some of the brief music.  But the 2 pieces (so far) that really added to the atmosphere was errf with the ranvir and akula,  just perfect timing on the music for the events occurring.  And sccombat2 from (at least) when diomedes'  show up.  But it's just perfect for that kind of event.   

Also, no anger, just sadness.  I do understand why I suppose, its just a shame.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Freon are you saying that errf and sccombat2 got changed as compared to the last time you played War in Heaven? When was that?

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
I think he means the original one you used form the Generals mod.
 I did a hack around that by extracting the old soundtrack and dropping the extracted errf on a music folder so it would play over Belisarius'. It just felt more epic than the new mix to me.

Offline Drogoth

As nerdy as it is, the more subdued tracks from WiH are my study mix. But I still have all the old songs downloaded mwhaha
TC 2 Fan club for Life

Offline Freon

General, I'm saying that errf and sccombat2 are no longer played where they were in Act1 as of the middle of 2012.  I shall continue playing and see if anything else has changed, but I might have to find some way to have them back, because I think they're more epic too :P

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
That's really weird. sccombat2 shouldn't have changed at all.

I think he means the original one you used form the Generals mod.
 I did a hack around that by extracting the old soundtrack and dropping the extracted errf on a music folder so it would play over Belisarius'. It just felt more epic than the new mix to me.

Whether or not you think it's more epic, we are not going to use music against other creators' wishes.

Offline Freon

I swear it's supposed to play when the diomedes corvettes show up.  I've still got an old copy, so I'll check at some point.  And I totally understand the copyright issue. I'm just saying it's a shame.

EDIT:  My sincerest apologies General, sccombat2 only plays with the second Diomedes, not the one at Rheza.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 06:30:30 am by Freon »