Author Topic: Can't jump with 1% of hull remaining?  (Read 1536 times)

Offline Belisarius

• I will not give up my ship!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Can't jump with 1% of hull remaining?
Hi guys.

I have a question which bothers me now. I was playing Tides of Darkness and received heavy damage. I don't know which mission, but I think that doesn't matter now. As the titles states I had exactly one percent hull remaining before death. My objectives were succesfully completed, so I tried to warp out, but it aborted the jump immediately and said *** Jumpdevice broken ***. I called a support ship to repair eventually damages I have missed, but even this didn't help. I'm playing Freespace about 10 years now and this didn't happen in the past. So here is my maybe noobish question: Is it normal that the game aborts the jump when the ship is too heavy damaged?

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
Re: Can't jump with 1% of hull remaining?
Well, I think that if you have 1% hull left, your ship is a tap away from detonating. I have had this problem, but it was in retail FS2 with 3% hull left. But the support ship fixed it. I suppose you just had bad luck.
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Belisarius

• Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
Never mind. It was the mission that forced this behaviour. "Enter the jump node and we will activate your jumpdrive" - Haha... I was there.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
The F4 key might be very useful, Belisarius. It logs all the events and messages sent over your Comm. Use it if you forget a particularly important message, review the mission objectives, or if you want to see a detailed kill list. :)
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline azile0

• Resident Trekkie
I thought you meant your Engine system was destroyed. :P
You get one chocolate chip.

. <--- There it is.

Self-proclaimed master of the Keypad.

Offline Droid803

• Trusted poster of legit stuff
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\ Do you want to be a Magical Girl?
Well, if your engine was destroyed, you wouldn't be able to move at all.
(´・ω・`)
=============================================================

Offline Belisarius

• Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Legends of Middleearth
No, wasn't the engine. Just the jumpdrive didn't respond or rather work. But I've found out that it was really the mission which forced that behaviour and not the damage I've sustained. But this I should discuss in the mission thread and not here, to keep the forum clean. :) But thanks nevertheless for the help.