Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622167 times)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Just picked up the new Wolfenstein 30% off (at Target of all places).  Gonna be enjoying that tonight.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Stronghold Crusader Extreme is so broken. Like, SO BROKEN. And its supposed to be a feature. There are veeeery few maps compared to original crusader, and some of them have those wonderful features, outposts, which spawn endless streams of units. At first it isn't that hard to fend off that, but spawning rate seems to accelerate, which causes two things: the game to slow down significantly, and the owner of said outposts to win. You cannot defend against endless slave/mounted archer/mean-at-arms combo.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Just watching dishonoured GOTY installing on my PS3.  Appears to have half a dozen or so DLC's included. Am thinking it's thief crossed with assassins creed?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Just watching dishonoured GOTY installing on my PS3.  Appears to have half a dozen or so DLC's included. Am thinking it's thief crossed with assassins creed?

It's better than that (at least if you go by the most recent installment of Thief) ... Dishonoured's stealth has certainly less feedback than the Thief-series ever had but since stealth is entirely optional that's okay; also Blink-powered plattforming is not only way cooler but also way more playable than the plattforming in ACIV

Also what's the "half a dozen" of DLC? I only have two in my Steam libary (Knife of Dunwall & Brightmore Witches) which are the two story DLC

EDIT: Now returing to Dark Souls II with my NG+ character in preperation of DLC incoming on 22nd (from the previews I'm already stocked; this is going to be soo awesome)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 11:24:05 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
 Arcane Assassin, Shadow Rat, Backstreet Butcher, and Acrobatic Killer. All seem like bone packs and perk things. I got knife and witches, plus Dunwall city trials. All on disc :yes:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline crizza

Playing the Warzone mod for Freespace 2...I'm impressed :D

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Distant thunder is best . I think it's called shattered skies elsewhere.  But grab zero too if you can. It's not bad by any stretch.

Yep. The entire PS2 Ace Combat collection is worth getting. You'll be looking for:
-- Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies/Distant Thunder
-- Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War/Squadron Leader
-- Ace Combat Zero: The Belkan War

Thanks for your advice. I've heard good things about Ace Combat on here before, and I still play Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy (the 3DS one) a lot, so I thought I should get some of the others. PS2 is the only platform I have which has games from the series in its library - well, except for PC but I don't want to try Assault Horizon - hence why I was looking at PS2 ones (and I've seen some footage from Zero before).

There was a listing of all three on eBay at a decent price so I might consider getting that.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Get them.  :)  Skies of liberation is another semi recent classic but if you don't 360 it might not be worth forking out for one just for that game.........at the moment.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I've spent the last couple of days trying to make Outpost 2 run on my computer. I've seen plenty of people claim on the internet it can run under win7, but nobody say how, and the search function of the only community is useless.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
G police

On my phone.

With a paired duals hock 3.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is great, but I'm completely stuck on the last GDI mission at Ground Zero. I don't want to use the "Big Boom" for story reasons, and I'm reluctant to lower the difficult (I'm playing on normal). Anyone here ever beaten that mission?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
playing hearthstone atm, trying to beat the first naxx wing, completed all but the heroics where the first math is thrashing me with 4/4 2 cost tokens
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
I've spent the last couple of days trying to make Outpost 2 run on my computer. I've seen plenty of people claim on the internet it can run under win7, but nobody say how, and the search function of the only community is useless.
What kind of problem are you having? I don't remember having problems with it on my desktop at home which has Windows 7, and I just tried it on my uni computer here - with Windows 7 as well - and it started and loaded a colony game fine.

Then again I'm using the version you can download from Outpost Universe, so if you're using an original disc that might be why we get different results.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
What kind of problem are you having? I don't remember having problems with it on my desktop at home which has Windows 7, and I just tried it on my uni computer here - with Windows 7 as well - and it started and loaded a colony game fine.

Then again I'm using the version you can download from Outpost Universe, so if you're using an original disc that might be why we get different results.

Same version, I think. It simply doesn't start; the thing goes to whatever settings it decides it wants to run in and then goes back to desktop. I'm not even sure the process appears in the task manager. I'll redownload and try again.

EDIT: It appears I wasn't. Oh well, let's see if this works...

EDIT EDIT: Well that didn't work either; it appears in the task manager at around 1300 K memory used briefly, but the game never appears to actually start.

Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars is great, but I'm completely stuck on the last GDI mission at Ground Zero. I don't want to use the "Big Boom" for story reasons, and I'm reluctant to lower the difficult (I'm playing on normal). Anyone here ever beaten that mission?

Few times. Once resulted in an epic saga of a few Pitbulls and my Ion Cannon uplink being the only thing left, desperately holding off the Scrin warships until I can just push the button one more time...

My primary suggestion is to remember that NOD's harvesting operation is separate from its main base and can be taken out by a relatively small force. Lean left as you head straight up from your base.  Get their missile silos if you can (I seem to remember it's possible), and remember to reserve money to replace your Refinery; it will get targeted by them.

You will probably have to blood and iron your way through NOD, but if you've killed their harvesting operations it shouldn't be awful. Play conservative; you have neither the time nor the cash to build gigantic death fleets of Mammoth tanks, and your units are individually valuable. Against the Scrin, establish a holding front; cheap and mobile anti-air like Pitbulls are your friends here. You'll have some time, since they generally don't press you as hard as NOD does or drop missiles on your base, so get your Ion Cannon uplink working and zap 'em good.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 11:55:40 am by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Fully upgraded nod bots. Four of them : yes:
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam

I beat it on Hard, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember specifics!  I think I used this walkthrough guide: http://www.ign.com/wikis/command-conquer-3-tiberium-wars/GDI_Campaign_part_17
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Arcane Assassin, Shadow Rat, Backstreet Butcher, and Acrobatic Killer. All seem like bone packs and perk things. I got knife and witches, plus Dunwall city trials. All on disc :yes:

I've been thoroughly enjoying it on my PC (same, with all DLC) for the last week or so, and nowhere near done.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers

defense, defense, defense at the start.  a commando in an APC to hold back the black hand hordes and some fixed defenses augmented by as many tanks as you can afford.  get firehawks expeditiously, and use them to redirect the scrin mothership to NOD's base.  make sure you have enough anti-air to kill the mothership after that.  the firehawks will go a long way if you keep them alive after attacking the stealth towers, but you'll need missile apcs and/or pitbulls also.  i use missile APCs because they are also useful ground defenders.   if you just harass NOD with the firehawks after that, they won't recover and you can turtle the rest of the mission. 
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Thanks guys, will experiment with these strategies. It's hard to get the initiative on this mission- it seems like I'm fighting one crisis after another. The AI sure got better since Tiberian Sun, didn't it?
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
Playing tibsun on hard. A few minutes in getting nod apcs tearing up my **** full of cyborg commandos :(
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.