Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621869 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: What are you playing right now?
finished crysis 3.  it got a LITTLE better by the end.  i found a little bit of info in the data files stuff on alcatraz, said his personality was "stored" by the suit because he was damaged in 2.  so basically, yeah prophet stole his body.  still nothing on nomad, other than repeated statements of him being dead.

i think i'll go to assassin's creed next.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline crizza

Xcom - Enemy Within...
Just when you think you got it handled, three nations drop out^^
And here I thought panic decreases after one month, not that I had three Satelitts being build to take care of that -.-

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
finished the original Deus Ex with my fav ending

Been trying to get into original SotS but even with the expansions I am still struggling to find it engaging
Have Chaos, Tau and IG run throughs going in DoW:DC
Playing Civ III to keep my eye in for when I head over to my dad's on random sundays, same with OTTD and UT:GOTY

Still "playing" with Blender as well
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I am in that awkward moment where I realize "I want to play a game like the original Bubblegum Crisis" and then "but no such game like this exists".
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Just finished Transistor... wow.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
Jane's F/A-18. It's actually pretty fun. If only I could be able to rapidly switch HARM targets in TOO mode so I don't get swatted out so easily... maybe I should leave it in Self-Protect...

EDIT: Nah, never mind. Turns out if I want to switch HARM targets, I have to click the MFD containing it first. D'oh.

Man, that reminds me of the hundreds and hundreds of hours spent playing Jane's F-15. What a game. Too bad it's (almost) impossible to get working on new OSes. Still have the original discs and the bible-sized manual, too.

Offline Androgeos Exeunt

• Captain Oblivious
  • Prevents attraction.
    • Wordpress.com Blog
I've started playing this old game again in recent weeks.
My blog

Quote: Tuesday, 3 October 2023 0133 UTC +8, #general
MP-Ryan
Oh you still believe in fairy tales like Santa, the Easter Bunny, and free market competition principles?

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Jane's F/A-18. It's actually pretty fun. If only I could be able to rapidly switch HARM targets in TOO mode so I don't get swatted out so easily... maybe I should leave it in Self-Protect...

EDIT: Nah, never mind. Turns out if I want to switch HARM targets, I have to click the MFD containing it first. D'oh.

Man, that reminds me of the hundreds and hundreds of hours spent playing Jane's F-15. What a game. Too bad it's (almost) impossible to get working on new OSes. Still have the original discs and the bible-sized manual, too.

Yeah, right now visually on every other day I'm flying in a world of clown barf on F-15 unless I purposely over-G myself (not helping is that I have that one problem where I can't navigate the menu so it's unplayable on my crappy laptop, maybe I could run it on my box).

F/A-18, thanks to the TSH Crew, actually bloody works fully for once. But I'm at my most loathsome mission series in the campaign, which involves blowing up nuclear weapon stockpiles (yeah, it's the type of mission where you have to blow up a nuclear weapons stash surrounded by like, ten SAM sites).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Recently got back to killing it in PlanetSide 2
Game is just ridiculously fun. Beats the hell out of Battlefield any day
"No"

Online deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I'm about to start Descent 3, from GoG. 

Addendum:  I was up til 2:00 a.m. trying to get the controls configured to work with my Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and messing with different rendering devices, graphics settings, and command-line switches, so I haven't really played yet.  It seems like D3D doesn't work (screwed-up menu text, cursor artifacts), and using the included Glide wrapper is less hassle than using Open GL (it messes up my desktop size and re-orders my icons).  I finally got the joystick configured to let me at least finish the tutorial - I had to un-bind the joystick throttle to keep from moving forward all the time. 

I found a lot more resources online for Descent 1 and 2, I guess because the source code is now open source or something.  Any hints, tips, tricks, etc. are appreciated!  I hope to start playing the actual game in a few hours.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:33:36 pm by deathspeed »
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
it's been a long while, but i don't remember having any of that trouble.  mine is disks instead of GOG though.

Offline Edhotmetal

• GTF Ares is The Hulk, optimized for space combat
    • Steam
I've been playing a little of A Mind Forever Voyaging and TM United Forever.
I've also been having too much fun in the online races in watchdogs.
Maybe I should play my old NFS games again.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I just got a 3DS and Zelda: A Link Between Worlds.  Splitting my time between that and Assassin's Creed.  I will be adding a whole lot of nintendo goodness to the playlist though. 

Also, I don't know if any of you have tried this, but DAMN is the 3d actually impressive!  I never expected it would actually work this well and intended to turn it off after a little novelty run, but I don't need to.  I haven't had a marathon session yet, but so far no reason to turn it off. 

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

That is all
"No"

Started with Starpoint Gemini 2. I'm still learning the gameplay basics, but it's fun already. You could describe it as a mixture between Freelancer and X3 with RPG elements thrown in. A large universe which you can free-roam (no sectors like in the X games), tons of options to customize your ship, to upgrade it, or you can purchase a new one and chose out of dozens of different types and classes. However, you're "limited" to capital ships. You start with a gunship and you can own a carrier, so no fighter or bombers for the player.
It was made by a Croation Indie developer, an has been released couple of days ago on Steam. You should check it out: http://www.starpointgemini.com/

Offline Patriot

Thanks for the heads up on the release there Guardian, had it bought on the 22nd and never checked when it was supposed to release xD

That first ship you get is awesome <3

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Dishonored and all DLC complete.  That was an excellent game experience.

Back to finishing Skyrim and the Dragonborn DLC.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
So Starforge is the first of those alpha/beta games I own to actually release. Interesting. I need to get that new pc and try it out.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Just finished Ace Combat 04 today and really liked it; I've now started Ace Combat 5 and I'm hoping it's just as good! I'm not worried about it, I'm sure Namco didn't drop the ball.

Also, Super Smash Bros. for 3DS. I'm sure the Wii U version will be the better one but the 3DS version is really, really good on the handheld - it runs quite smoothly and it's not terribly difficult to see what's going on on the normal 3DS' small screen.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
how is it for single player?