Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622057 times)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Re: What are you playing right now?
Galaga '90 on PCE Emu.

I'm surprised I broke the 200K mark. Couldn't do that on the PS2 Namco Museum Port (Galaga '88).

Triple Ship FTW.

[attachment kidnapped by pirates]
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

As I only just got a PS3 for my birthday I am playing Tomb Raider and 2K9 MLB.
Tomb Raider is actually really fun and interesting.
As an Aussie, Im a cricket fan and cant stand watching Baseball, but Im enjoying 2K9 MLB....... swear there the slowest runners in the world though. And the moving fielders around is a bit buggy.
Too many ideas.....not enough FREDing time!

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
how is it for single player?

Hmm, well, I'm not an expert, but from what I've played so far... you have your Classic, All-Star and Stadium modes with the latter including Multi-man Melee, Home-Run Contest and a variant of Target Test* which has you beating up a bomb which you then launch at the targets to see how many you get (so a bit of a hybrid of HRC and TT).

Classic uses an intensity slider like that used in Kid Icarus: Uprising. The default is 2.0 and you can increase it up to 9.0 - but if you lose a match on a higher intensity, it will automatically be lowered, so you'll have to go through without fails if you want to clear a certain intensity.

All-Star mode can be played at any time but is only complete when you unlock all characters, which is actually fairly simple - if you just play a lot of normal matches against the computer, you'll face a new challenger every 10 battles, and they'll appear after every match until you unlock them.

As for the exclusive Smash Run mode... I've only played it once, but from what I've seen, it involves five minutes of exploring an area where you fight different Nintendo enemies and get stat increases when you defeat them. At the same time three other computer-controlled characters are going through as well (though you can't interact with them AFAIK). At the end you'll be put into a one minute match against the computer characters with all the stat boosts you collected and whoever wins that is the winner of the whole thing.

Probably not my favourite mode but I suppose some people might like it.

Also you can now customise any character - not just Mii fighters - depending on the equipment you've collected in any mode and that character's different choices for special moves (if I recall correctly - I haven't really done it myself yet).

Anyway, that's what I've experienced so far while playing  as I've mostly stuck with normal matches so I haven't explored the other modes thoroughly, but I hope that's helpful! :)

*Melee title - Break the Targets/Target Smash in 64 and Brawl respectively.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Does having a dream playing this awesome game that doesn't exist count? That was one of the best dreams ever

But I digress: Borderlands - The Pre-Sequel is something I will be playing in two days. What can I say, it's Borderlands and I love these games

I mean, what isn't to love about their possibly over hyping trailers? Who cares! They're frigging awesome
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:11:16 pm by deathfun »
"No"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
i still haven't played borderlands 2 that i got for free with my vid card.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Patriot

I highly recommend you do, it's ridiculously funny.
Especially if you have the Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and the Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep DLCs, i have yet to play the other two big DLCs but those two are pretty awesome.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Maybe I should get the BL2 DLC.  I got tired of the base game very quickly.  Though I also didn't play coop much, and it seems the second game focused way more on coop than the first.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Patriot

I wouldn't know about the focus on co-op, i haven't played the first game.
But i had a blast when i was playing with my friends, and eventually i started continuing the story with the same character. Turns out i hadn't started yet on my own savefile so had to actually start from the beginning with a level 12 character at the time, it was blissful ease for a time :)

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Maybe I should get the BL2 DLC.  I got tired of the base game very quickly.  Though I also didn't play coop much, and it seems the second game focused way more on coop than the first.

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is worth it 100%.  It'd be worth it even if you didn't have BL2 to start with.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Recently started Counter-Strike Nexon Zombies
its interesting but doesn't explain itself very well so i dont know if i am missing anything but the zombie modes are interesting including a human v zombie mode which is fun.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Hexeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter

Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage is worth it 100%.  It'd be worth it even if you didn't have BL2 to start with.

So, if I pick it up in a Steam sale, you going to run coop with me? :)
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

So, if I pick it up in a Steam sale, you going to run coop with me? :)

If I can remember the password to my brother's steam account (the account that has it), yes. :P

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
I'd totally run coop with you in it

ALSO PRESEQUEL IS AWESOME
CLAPTRAP IS AWESOME
Totally worth it
"No"

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
I've been playing around with Dawn of War's Ultimate Apocalypse mod, Orcs Must Die! (1) and a bit of Company of Heroes.

And by The Emperor's Shining Shinguards, has the AI in UA been revamped into a savage thing.
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Hobbie

• It's Hot Drop O'Clock!
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
I once played a quick game of Warframe
And got hooked using skills and sure aim
Then I got me a Gorgon
And some Captain Morgan
And watched my skills come apart in deep shame
In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Just finished C&C 3: Kane's Wrath last night. PEACE! THROUGH! POWER!  :mad2:

Trying to decide what to play next. Considering Blackwolf's Frontlines mod. Alternately the Dune series of RTS games.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Lorric

Trying to decide what to play next. Considering Blackwolf's Frontlines mod. Alternately the Dune series of RTS games.
Obviously I'd love you to play Frontlines, since I'd love you to review it, but also I think you should play Frontlines because it is a fairly short campaign. You'd get through it quickly, and then you wouldn't have to choose, you could do both, while the Dune games will take a very long time.

Oh, I think I might have posted it before sometime, but did you ever see this? :D

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Since WB is denying my given right to play Shadows of Mordor on sub-specs equipment (I played the original Tomb Raider, Dungeon Keeper and Star Wars TIE Fighter on a PC that couldn't support more than 10 fps for these games at the best of times - I won't ***** if SoM won't give my smooth gameplay but just let me play FFS) I'm only minutes away from starting Ledgend of Grimrock II
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

Obviously I'd love you to play Frontlines, since I'd love you to review it, but also I think you should play Frontlines because it is a fairly short campaign. You'd get through it quickly, and then you wouldn't have to choose, you could do both, while the Dune games will take a very long time.

Oh, I think I might have posted it before sometime, but did you ever see this? :D

:wakka:

That is pure, unrefined hilarity.

I like the look of Frontlines; I think I'll start it over the weekend. Which reminds me, sooner or later I gotta finish that Shadow Genesis review. My writing time keeps getting stolen by less important thinks like 10-page essays on Hektor and Achilles or lengthy pointless ramblings on historical characters I want to call idiots but can't without ticking off the history prof.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance