Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622483 times)

Offline Edhotmetal

• GTF Ares is The Hulk, optimized for space combat
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
I got flatout 1 and 2 for $3.18 on gog yesterday. Can't wait to get some mods :nod:

Offline Luis Dias

So I recently bought a midrange android phone, found a gameboy color emulator (pretty good!) and Link's Awakening ROM lurking in the internets. Omg, I haven't played this for 15 years, it's such a beautiful game :) :)

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2

I got stuck on the Forgotten mod due to it crashing repeatedly when those slicer tanks overloaded the game with their Macross Missile Massacre launchers. Problem is, I kinda needed them to win the mission, so now I'm just annoyed with the mod. The good news is I'm playing FreeSpace for the first time in a couple months- Frontlines to be specific.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
So I recently bought a midrange android phone, found a gameboy color emulator (pretty good!) and Link's Awakening ROM lurking in the internets. Omg, I haven't played this for 15 years, it's such a beautiful game :) :)

How does it play on touchscreen? I recall that, for example, SNES emu is rather difficult due to touchscreens not being a particularly good replacement for a controller.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline Luis Dias

It's a very good emulator, image and sound are perfect, no lag whatsoever, good interface (it's GBC ad). But it's hard to control, I haven't mastered it yet tbh. I was really good with the physical GB keys but with these I keep going in directions that I really really didn't want to. It's getting better with practice though and I'm already finishing the first cave.

I do wonder how it will behave in more frenetic cases. I'll let you know if I quit in frustration!

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I still have my original Link's Awakening cartridge and a GBA to play it on.  I've recently decided I need to go back and purchase/play all the games in the zelda series that I have missed.  I think all of them are pretty easily available now either through used game stores or virtual consoles/re-releases on newer systems.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
It's a very good emulator, image and sound are perfect, no lag whatsoever, good interface (it's GBC ad). But it's hard to control, I haven't mastered it yet tbh. I was really good with the physical GB keys but with these I keep going in directions that I really really didn't want to. It's getting better with practice though and I'm already finishing the first cave.

I do wonder how it will behave in more frenetic cases. I'll let you know if I quit in frustration!

Can't it take Nintendo Wii controllers (or that one other phone-based controller too, I believe) via BlueTooth? I know Snes9X EX can do that...

...anywho, I'm trying Final Fantasy I (the GBA Dawn of Souls version) on emu. Somehow I now regret taking the Thief.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Luis Dias

I still have my original Link's Awakening cartridge and a GBA to play it on.  I've recently decided I need to go back and purchase/play all the games in the zelda series that I have missed.  I think all of them are pretty easily available now either through used game stores or virtual consoles/re-releases on newer systems.

My old black n white GB is dead I'm afraid, and I can't find my Link's Awakening cartridge. That game is probably well within my top 5 games of all time.

Alpha Centauri is quite good. Not really my beef, but I can see why people consider it one of the best 4xes

I just lost XCOM Long War so hard, the game crashed.

Man, that game is STRESSFUL.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Finally downloaded WoT last Monday managed to unlock the M4 last night.  Leveraged my elite Tier Is to feed credits and free XP into accelerating my way through the Lee.  I love my Loltraktor :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The M4 is a Good Tank, and there's not a bad tank anywhere on that line of tanks.

The T1 Heavy is also a Good Tank, and there's not a bad tank anywhere on that line of tanks either (with the slightly possible exception of the M103).  It's worth going back through the Lee just to get this tank.

Also every tank is more fun to play if you train the crew to 75% first.  Also Tier Is don't make a lot of money; Tier 5s make a lot of money.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I leveraged my sign up bonus gold to transfer my original medium crew up the subsequent tiers so I'm already rocking a 100% crew with about 50% on their first perk.  I just need to unlock the 76mm and I think I'll be a happy tanker for a while.

If I'm not mistaken I can drop back into the Heavy class via the M4A3E2 --> T29?  I've already sold off the Lee and the thought of re-buying and grinding it more kind of turns my stomach.  Any map where there wasn't cover to hide my left side was painful.  Defilade? Lol Nope!

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You can get back through the Jumbo, yes, but then you have to grind through the T29 with the 76 mm, instead of getting the 90 mm from the absolutely sublime M6 Heavy.  If you go clear up to the T20 you can unlock the 90 mm there, though.  T1 and M6 heavies are just really good tanks in general, too.  Honestly, the Lee is the only tank in that entire tree that's not very good.

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
On the subject of World of Tanks... I finally got my first Top Gun award (6 or more kills in a battle) yesterday. I really like my Matlida sometimes... :)

Also Tier Is don't make a lot of money; Tier 5s make a lot of money.
QFT. My T-25 (which is a premium tank but still) is my most used tank because it's very good at getting credits when I need them, and I find it a fun tank to play with too. Very useful if I have a couple of bad matches in my Tiger (P).

Honestly, the Lee is the only tank in that entire tree that's not very good.
And while I'll agree that the Lee is an inferior tank, even it can do well if you can compensate for its flaws. True I don't play with it much (I mainly have it as part of my goal to have every tank that Oarai used in Girls und Panzer in my garage) but I've had some good games in it.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft

ENGINEER USES KICK. IT'S SUPER EXPLOSIVE

NURBURWURFURS! EXPLOSIONS! AWESOME! MAYHEM!

Company of Heroes everyone, Company of Heroes...
"No"

Offline Luis Dias

How does it play on touchscreen? I recall that, for example, SNES emu is rather difficult due to touchscreens not being a particularly good replacement for a controller.

Small update to this, yes, you are right, they are not good replacements, because it has difficulties understanding simultaneous button clicks, which you can assess is a big issue. I've solved it by mapping the A and B buttons to the UP and DOWN volume buttons in the phone, which translates to a weird hand held situation, but it's also weirdly not dysfunctional. It's weird, but also not unergonomic! Anyways, I've grown accustumed to it and am already finding the key to the 4th dungeon. Which means that at least, it works. And I have fun with it, so there's that...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Company of Heroes everyone, Company of Heroes...

There is a really great appearance mod for vanilla CoH kicking around.  Gives all the vehicles and infantry period camouflage and uniforms.  Its especially nice for the Germans who really invested in interesting schemes.  I'll dig up the link if you are interested.

The M4 is a Good Tank, and there's not a bad tank anywhere on that line of tanks.

The T1 Heavy is also a Good Tank, and there's not a bad tank anywhere on that line of tanks either (with the slightly possible exception of the M103).  It's worth going back through the Lee just to get this tank.

Also every tank is more fun to play if you train the crew to 75% first.  Also Tier Is don't make a lot of money; Tier 5s make a lot of money.

Didn't realize their were other WoT'ers on this forum. We should start a HLP WoT brigade!
Oh, and it wouldn't be WoT if we didn't talk stats...cause stats.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam