Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621841 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
Didn't realize their were other WoT'ers on this forum. We should start a HLP WoT brigade!
Oh, and it wouldn't be WoT if we didn't talk stats...cause stats.

Yep! In fact, we have an old thread here with user names, stats, tactics and junk like that: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85988.0

Offline CommanderDJ

• Software engineer
    • Minecraft
Shadow of Mordor. Liking it a lot.
[16:57] <CommanderDJ> What prompted the decision to split WiH into acts?
[16:58] <battuta> it was long, we wanted to release something
[16:58] <battuta> it felt good to have a target to hit
[17:00] <RangerKarl> not sure if talking about strike mission, or jerking off
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> WUT
[17:00] <CommanderDJ> hahahahaha
[17:00] <battuta> hahahaha
[17:00] <RangerKarl> same thing really, if you think about it

Didn't realize their were other WoT'ers on this forum. We should start a HLP WoT brigade!
Oh, and it wouldn't be WoT if we didn't talk stats...cause stats.

Yep! In fact, we have an old thread here with user names, stats, tactics and junk like that: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=85988.0

Thanks, added my stuff.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Here is a link to the HD Skin Mod
*snip snip*

I was actually just about to ask if you had the link!
That's pretty frigging badass looking. Any ideas on the additional toll for the system?
"No"

Offline Patriot

You should totally get the Blitzkrieg mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/blitzkrieg

Adds in a bunch of units and expands every doctrine tree with even more stuff to do. Actually paradrop Fallschirmjäger into the field of battle and having the ability to have both Tigers and a King Tiger on the field? YES PLEASE!
Also, Chaffees instead of puny Stuarts for the USA <3

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I am by no means a good World of Tanks player.  I only have been playing a few weeks, I haven't got a good handle on many of the maps yet and I play too aggressively.   But Mother of God there are some really terrible World of Tanks players out there.  I mean just completely atrocious tactical decision making.

I cannot comprehend how other players look at the tac map at the beginning and think my medium tank and a TD is enough to hold, let alone push down, an entire flank.  But countless times I find myself trying to speed bump a horde of KV and IS Heavies with my 76mm gun and 63mm of frontal.  It would be one thing if the other side was ripping it up and my sacrifice bought them time to win, but nope they invariably find a way to stall half way and stick their thumbs up there nethers.  I know they have the numbers to overwhelm their opposition cause I had a good look at the murders row of OpFor Heavies that just swamped my Sherman.

I am starting to figure I should just follow the lemming train, at least I can have a chance to maneuver for attack angles rack up some damage.  Still the responsible part of me looks at that terrible dispersal and I consign myself to traveling down that lonely flank ready to get a bunch of bounces and a curb stomping...

ugh

Last match an IS-3 spent the entire match camped out on a hill in the farthest rear corner of the map with nothing to shoot at all game till things fell completely apart.  The heaviest most powerful tank on our team did absolutely nothing all game until he was obliged to roll down to our cap and die like a stuck pig in the final minute.  I cannot fathom how long it took him or her to grind all the way to that tank after that display of prowess.

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I am by no means a good World of Tanks player.  I only have been playing a few weeks, I haven't got a good handle on many of the maps yet and I play too aggressively.   But Mother of God there are some really terrible World of Tanks players out there.  I mean just completely atrocious tactical decision making.

I cannot comprehend how other players look at the tac map at the beginning and think my medium tank and a TD is enough to hold, let alone push down, an entire flank.  But countless times I find myself trying to speed bump a horde of KV and IS Heavies with my 76mm gun and 63mm of frontal.  It would be one thing if the other side was ripping it up and my sacrifice bought them time to win, but nope they invariably find a way to stall half way and stick their thumbs up there nethers.  I know they have the numbers to overwhelm their opposition cause I had a good look at the murders row of OpFor Heavies that just swamped my Sherman.

I am starting to figure I should just follow the lemming train, at least I can have a chance to maneuver for attack angles rack up some damage.  Still the responsible part of me looks at that terrible dispersal and I consign myself to traveling down that lonely flank ready to get a bunch of bounces and a curb stomping...

ugh

Last match an IS-3 spent the entire match camped out on a hill in the farthest rear corner of the map with nothing to shoot at all game till things fell completely apart.  The heaviest most powerful tank on our team did absolutely nothing all game until he was obliged to roll down to our cap and die like a stuck pig in the final minute.  I cannot fathom how long it took him or her to grind all the way to that tank after that display of prowess.

Welcome to the world of online gaming! Where the needs of the few are outweighed by the stupidity of the many!

I would also be more than happy to platoon with you (and others here). I am afraid that right now I am quite busy and my games are between other tasks, aka whenever i have a free ten minutes.
I should be available this friday. Friend me on WoT (Username: TechnoD11), I should be online by about 9:00PM friday, EST

Cheers!

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

Welcome to my world. But cheer up; you're not driving a Chi-To as your primary vehicle like I am currently. Tier 6 and less useful than a Sherman(76).

We can be useless together in Tier Vs if you like, I've still got a Panzer IV H (from before the Panzer IV was different vehicles) and a Ram II somewhere...my other two Tier Vs get scount matchmaking.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 09:36:11 am by NGTM-1R »
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Patriot

I have an SU-85 and T-34-85 available if you'd like, just shoot HerrFlex in your steamlist a message when you play and i'll hand you some TS3 info we can use, my Clan is also recruiting in case you want to stay for the mostly 40+ yo guys that are in our clan.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.

ugh

Buy premium ammo.  Spend your way to the top of the pubbie death pile.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
HVAP's 2,800 credits a shot  :ick:  I'd be lucky to break even if we win.  I keep a couple rounds in my Shermans just in case but even the few times I've used it I wasn't terribly impressed with its performance.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Should be APCR, not HVAP. :P  If you're truly grinding through the tank for the next tank, shoot it.  You will make back your money if you both win and are able to do damage with the shots, plus the additional damage you would do from surviving the battle longer thanks to not dying to that tomato you just killed.

Also definitely be sure to aim for weakspots, and use the Sherman's excellent on the move accuracy (get a vertical stabilizer on the Easy 8 as soon as you can) and good turret bloom with great gun depression to pop out of cover just a bit, take a shot, and duck back.  Pubbies don't know how to react to things that don't sit there and shoot them.

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Company of Heroes is addicting as hell. Though I'm sure that I'm playing it wrong, by doing my standard fair of... Scout:Capture:Fortify:WeatherTheStorm:TANKRUSH!!!!
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline deathfun

• Hey man. Peace. *Car hits them* Frakking hippies
    • Minecraft
Company of Heroes is addicting as hell. Though I'm sure that I'm playing it wrong, by doing my standard fair of... Scout:Capture:Fortify:WeatherTheStorm:TANKRUSH!!!!

Na, you're not doing it wrong
The strategy we've been doing is: BLOCK THE BRIDGE CUT OFF THE ENEMY BUILD NURBURWURFURS AND START BOMBARDING ****ING EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIING THEN OPEN THE GATES OF HELL AND START DECIMATING THE FORCES WITH EVERYTHIIIIIIIIIIIIING

There was a map where we essentially build tank traps everywhere, barbed wire EVERYWHERE and then just stuck around while the computer had 87% of the map and us with 13%, but we ended up winning because I got a sniper in their base and used V1 rockets to make them flip the hell out
"No"

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Been dabbling in WoT last couple of days.

up to tier II with a Vickers II and a UC 2 pound, though still roll out the Vic I plenty with the rapid fire light tank annihilator.  Still dying way too often without hitting anything but all the same having a ton of fun with it.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
The part where you die a lot without hitting anyone is because the I and II are really ****ing awful tanks, and the UC is about as sturdy as a pre-shredded kleenex.

Offline Patriot

What you need is a PzI Ausf C, coupled with the Mauser 7.92mm gun, and hey presto, ALL THE DAKKA YOU NEED FOR LIFE!

Offline crizza

You need an E-75 ;)

Getting into LoL recently.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
The part where you die a lot without hitting anyone is because the I and II are really ****ing awful tanks, and the UC is about as sturdy as a pre-shredded kleenex.

lol the UC does like to go belly up.

Got the Vickers II and UC to elite, going to go Vickers III first out of the 2.  Im now getting to the point I can fairly reliably get a kill with a few games in a session hitting 3+ kills and up to 6 damaged, that 6pnd gun upgrade is essential to getting anywhere on the UC
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Consider your line a bit and where you want to go in the end, too. Or what you want to see along the way; the Valentine is remarkably bouncy and well-armed at its tier and the Matilda with Littlejohn adapter is the tiny armored avatar of death at Tier 4. On the other hand a well-played Centurion is a thing of beauty for high tiers, where as the British heavies are somewhat lacking in survivability after Black Prince.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story