Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621900 times)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Re: What are you playing right now?
New Vegas

For the first time

Almost started that a year ago or so.  But after going through all the initial character creation and whatnot and actually starting the game, I realized that the "all DLC included from the beginning" version REALLY ****s up the start of the game.  Haven't looked into disabling that and starting again yet.
I like to stare at the sun.

Almost started that a year ago or so.  But after going through all the initial character creation and whatnot and actually starting the game, I realized that the "all DLC included from the beginning" version REALLY ****s up the start of the game.  Haven't looked into disabling that and starting again yet.

You should be able to do that right from the launcher. There's check boxes and things to turn off those kind of pesky starter packs. *should be*

EDIT TO NOT DOUBLE POST:
Steam sale has begun!
Wargame: Red Dragon is 75% off today!
Other stuff!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 06:54:45 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
This pretty much typifies most of my games today.

If I had any teams that could actually win, I'd have been making bank :P
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Still Secret of Mana and Star Fox 2 (well, on emu).

Oh, and classic StarCraft. I suck playing Protoss now (someone give me a playbook that does not consist of "mass Zealots, Dragoons and Archons").
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Luis Dias

So I finished Link's awakening in my android phone with a GB color emulator, and it was awesome, just like I remembered. The soundtrack is so good.

I wanted more so I downloaded a gameboy advance emulator and the Link to the Past Zelda game, but it was such a disappointment. Soundtrack is terrible, the story hasn't persuaded me at all, the graphics are way more "advanced", but in such a terrible design direction. I haven't touched it for days now, so I sadly returned to play the usual Plants vs Zombies stuff... snif.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Oh, and classic StarCraft. I suck playing Protoss now (someone give me a playbook that does not consist of "mass Zealots, Dragoons and Archons").

Carriers, Arbiters, and Observers?

I used to really piss off some friends of mine in alliance-based multiplayer that way.  My buddy would prevent us from the early-game rush, then we'd flatten them with air power afterward.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Pylons turrets and carrier spam.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Steel Panthers 3. Considering an LP.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Decided to try Tiberium Twilight and Red Alert 1.

Tiberium Twilight is a miserable excuse for a C&C game. Someone looked at the basic game mechanics of the C&C series, which had worked great since Dune II, and decided to fix what wasn't broken by developing a completely new set of game mechanics that mainly served to make the game more complex on paper while making the strategy and tactics much simpler by limiting the player's available options. Seriously, who thought it was a good idea to include an Headcount limit in a franchise who's biggest attraction (aside from either bombastic or hilarious LA FMV plotlines) has always been the ability to make massive armies? Who are YOU to tell me I can only have a measly FOUR MASTODONS at once?!?

Aaaand while they were so busy remaking the gameplay, no one (except maybe Joe Kucan) bothered to make sure the story was any good. Look at it. It's a shoot the shaggy dog story for crying out loud! The choice between staying with GDI or defecting to Nod is an excessively bad plot point, both because no one in their right mind is actually going to think siding with KANE is a good idea, and because no matter what you do, the story turns out the same way. If you side with GDI, Chavra does everything you would have done for Nod, while if you side with Nod, Nash takes your place with GDI. That's right, no matter which side you join, the war goes the same way; nothing you do matters! Except maybe opening the portal, and the GDI ending even fails to explain why I did that. Arg.

Finally (and this particularly grates on me) are the characters. Kane is still, well, Kane, and that's good. But look at the GDI campaign. And Colonel Louis. Look, for I while I was actually like, "Hey, this is neat, Louis is a really well-done, intelligent, likeable character, someone I like working under; GDI finally has someone who's close to being as interesting as Kane!" And then it turns out that the smart character (Louis) was wrong, and the Chamberlain-esque moron (Rios) was right, NOT because Louis was stupid or Rios wasn't, BUT BECAUSE THE WRITERS WANTED IT TO BE THAT WAY! The GDI campaign gets you all hyped up about overthrowing the obstructive beauracrats and stopping Kane, only to make that whole struggle meaningless in end. Seriously, the whole game is blasted nihilistic. At least the Nod campaign is honest about that.

I'm just getting started with Red Alert, but, poorly-aged graphics aside, it at least looks like a proper C&C game.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I stopped playing the Tib line at C&C 3, Having Michael Ironside as the guy in charge comes about level with having Robert Loggia playing Petrarch

For RA, the first is good, 2 was awesome, one of the best soundtracks by Kelpacki, and the units in Yuri's Revenge are awesome, again not played 3

A cringe fest that is perhaps worth looking into is C&C Renegade which is the FPS set in C&C 1, nothing that stands out and in places quite bad but as an OTT power play it is awesome and again Kelpacki's work on the soundtrack is pretty good.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Steel Panthers 3. Considering an LP.

do it

I finally got around to finishing Dishonored. It's a really damn short game.

You should be able to do that right from the launcher. There's check boxes and things to turn off those kind of pesky starter packs. *should be*

Alternatively, "Jsaywermod" (a mod made by the game's lead designer) places the packs troughout the wasteland, so you can still have contents, but you have to find them first.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I stopped playing the Tib line at C&C 3, Having Michael Ironside as the guy in charge comes about level with having Robert Loggia playing Petrarch

For RA, the first is good, 2 was awesome, one of the best soundtracks by Kelpacki, and the units in Yuri's Revenge are awesome, again not played 3

A cringe fest that is perhaps worth looking into is C&C Renegade which is the FPS set in C&C 1, nothing that stands out and in places quite bad but as an OTT power play it is awesome and again Kelpacki's work on the soundtrack is pretty good.

Agree AFAIK. The Tiberium line is great for the first three games; Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath rocks. RA1 is pretty good so far. Tiberium Twilight is the letdown.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Hellzed

"LUFTRAUSERS".

This shmup is brutal, and I already played it 5 hours.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
do it

I finally got around to finishing Dishonored. It's a really damn short game.

Eh, I'll finish the other one first if I do. Honestly the thing is I'm not sure how interesting Steel Panthers would be as an old DOS strategy game.

Though hey, we've had good results with Megamek...
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam

Agree AFAIK. The Tiberium line is great for the first three games; Tiberium Wars/Kane's Wrath rocks. RA1 is pretty good so far. Tiberium Twilight is the letdown.

I was late to the C&C party; C&C3 was the first one (and the first RTS) I ever played and is on my short list of games that I have completed.  I still play the hell out of Kane's Wrath skirmishes.  I picked up RA3 free from Origin a while back, but the intentional campiness is so overboard that I just could not ever get into it at all.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Weren't C&C95, Red Alert1 1 & Tiberian Sun released as freeware? You might wanna look it up. If you can look past the  graphics, they are pretty fun, if simple.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Weren't C&C95, Red Alert1 1 & Tiberian Sun released as freeware? You might wanna look it up. If you can look past the  graphics, they are pretty fun, if simple.

They were. Definitely worth trying if you like a good RTS, especially Tiberian Sun and Firestorm. The AI in the first game is kinda weak, and so it gets too many training wheels, but other than that no complaints.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I'm looking for recommendatoins, BTW. I'm limiting myself to two games from the Steam Fall sale. First is Fract OSC. I need a good action game to go with it- something with plenty of explosions AND a good plot. Any ideas?

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
"LUFTRAUSERS".

This shmup is brutal, and I already played it 5 hours.

And it MIGHT still be free on the playstation plus thing.

I too less than three this game.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png