Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621853 times)

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Re: What are you playing right now?
Empire at War + Forces of Corruption. Getting my AT-ATs mauled to death by rebels and zanns, I did not remember having this hard a time before. ಠ_ಠ

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Valkyria Chronicles, since it seemed to be the in thing on the thread :D 

Seems pretty fun so far, aside from the tank controls, cuz those are rotten.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Star Wars: The Old Republic. Currently a level 32 Sith Sorcerer on Taris, killing so many Jedi you would not believe.

World of Tanks;
Finished 73 out of 75 missions for the Stug IV.

Only have my TD final and Light Final missions left, and they are... hard, but I want those girls for my tonks.

Offline Patriot

Yeah, but I still want to use a different class.  I want to play both the siren and assassin as well, and don't want to take the time to go through the entire game again with the same character.  Most of what made this so fun for me was the exploration.  I don't want to suck all of the replay value out on the same character.

Starting a new character starts you in Normal Mode again, basically the Vault Hunter and True Vault Hunter modes unlock as you complete the story for each previous difficulty.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
Terminal Velocity: Playing for the first time in Dosbox. I would have loved this if I played it when it came out. Very much the type of game I used to dream about. Today, it's repetitive and the graphics suck, but I'm still having a lot of fun. Like Descent in many ways, but mostly outdoors and not 6DOF.
NOSTALGIA.

That was a decent enough game.  I actually ended up playing Fury3 first since I had a Win 95 computer at the time the the two games came out so close to the same time, but Terminal Velocity was a DOS game.

I still need to play the copy of Crusader: No Remorse that popped up on free special on Origin a couple months ago.
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Yeah, but I still want to use a different class.  I want to play both the siren and assassin as well, and don't want to take the time to go through the entire game again with the same character.  Most of what made this so fun for me was the exploration.  I don't want to suck all of the replay value out on the same character.

Starting a new character starts you in Normal Mode again, basically the Vault Hunter and True Vault Hunter modes unlock as you complete the story for each previous difficulty.

Orly.  Well that's dumb.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
You've clearly not tried starting TVHM if that's your response.

Orly.  Well that's dumb.

It's the same as the first game, I believe.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Derek Smart's Universal Combat is on Steam, for free, and it is every bit as bad as any member of the Battlecruiser Patch Series ever was.

Meanwhile he's actually running the Steam forums for it in a distinctly unchill fashion by deleting any criticism from anyone who has actually played this trainwreck where you literally cannot quit the game without a blackscreen.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline FireSpawn

• Lives in GenDisc
    • Minecraft
Derek Smart's Universal Combat is on Steam, for free, and it is every bit as bad as any member of the Battlecruiser Patch Series ever was.

Meanwhile he's actually running the Steam forums for it in a distinctly unchill fashion by deleting any criticism from anyone who has actually played this trainwreck where you literally cannot quit the game without a blackscreen.

Hes also turned up in the comments for Scott Manley's play of the game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJXBn4TJb2g
If you hit it and it bleeds, you can kill it. If you hit it and it doesn't bleed...You are obviously not hitting hard enough.

Greatest Pirate in all the Beach System.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Offline Lorric

Hes also turned up in the comments for Scott Manley's play of the game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJXBn4TJb2g
I see you and your brother in there too.

Are you sure you want to risk luring him back in here? :P

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
You'd think that twenty-five years might be enough for someone to see the error of their ways, but lolnope!

Offline Lorric

He he. He's worked his way down, so he'll be reading yours now...

(He's actually being nice and helpful for the most part. It's quite refreshing to see actually a developer doing that.)
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:27:15 pm by Lorric »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
He doesn't want to troll on Scotts vid  if he's got any sense.

The amount of bad publicity he'll incur (in addition).
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I have the standalone expansion pack to Desktop Commander:

Splitting my time between Valkyria Chronicles and Darkest Dungeon.  I am a little peeved that VC rewards gaming the scenario for the quickest result rather than applying a tactical combined arms approach.  Also is there any tips on the movement phase for tanks?  This combined mouse/keyboard getup leads to my tank having a connip **** mid movement and hemorrhaging all its action points.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 03:00:47 pm by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

I had some very bad luck. On Dks I'm stuck on Nito and my controller broke and on Gihrens Greed my current Titans save corrupted.  :(
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 02:37:10 am by Mammothtank »

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Donkey Kong Scuba?
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
This is the story
All about how
My life got
Interesting because I didn't build any more satellites other than the first two until month 3 in XCOM Enemy Within.

Fortunately, I am playing on normal difficulty, and my researching the crap out of everything, plus top-notch mission performance, plus early Alien base assault rescued me. At one point I had 4 countries in total panic 6 days from the end of the month, with two more at lvl 4.

Much better now.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Well because of my earlier conundrum. I have decided to replay my Titans campaign and now I'm also playing Wargame: Red Dragon.  (I suck badly btw)

I made a pretty sweet Scandinavian Motorized Deck, it only has one Tank unit though, the Leopard 1A5-DK. It does the job even though I have room for better tanks.

Scandinavia are pretty mobile, fast but pretty fragile. Thats how I'd describe their overall traits.