Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621766 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Is that an in-game screenshot?

Took it at the start of a match, I just turned of the HUD elements.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Ohh wows! I wuv jap destroyers :D
el hombre vicio...

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
AC: Rogue arrived today ... let's see if AC's take on 18th century naval combat can do it again for me

EDIT: and it doesn't work; even if Black Flag will - and they are the same engine
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 12:47:01 pm by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Still playing Unepic, ran into one of the cheapest bosses ever come across in a video game.  Boss forces you to fire AE spells to kill yourself, forces you to use your items to waste your time & resources during the battle or gets you to run away and there's no information about any of this until you come across each tactic in turn.   Basically needed to dump half my inventory in another spot so it couldn't be used against me in order to fight him. No guilt thsi time about consulting some online tips/walkthrough

I seem to finally have run out of steam in clearing Super Meat Boy at 90+ bandages and only warp zones remaining in Chapter 5, while the Dark Worlds of 6 and 7 are untouched. I'm not frustrated or stuck, just kinda bored. You need a certain determination to clear those endgame challenges and I seem to have lost it.

Eagerly anticipating the release of the new Wings of Dawn, though. ;7
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline 0rph3u5

Logged into the Heroes of the Storm Beta today to take a look at the new Hero and the new Battleground ... and got showered with goodies because Blizzard revamped the player progression with the latest patch - got me whooping 11k ingame Gold which combined with of remaining stuff got me two new/old Hereos to my roster (Abathur and Nova), which puts me at 9/10 Hereos need for ranked play :D
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline Darius

[01:32] <@Darius> this game
[01:33] <baruttuta> how fares city
[01:33] <@Darius> funny story
[01:33] <@Darius> i put an emphasis on education early on and pretty soon I was managing a frighteningly educated populace
[01:34] <@Darius> as in 2/3rds had doctorate equivalents
[01:34] <@Darius> my population peaked at about 43K and I was wondering why no one was coming into my city anymore
[01:34] <@Darius> then i realised i had doctorates doing manual labour in my factories
[01:35] <@Darius> so i dumped all the industrial zones, built up some offices and people were happy doing jobs that they were qualified for
[01:35] <MatthTheGeek> why aren't your doctorates building robots to do manual labour in your factories
[01:35] <@Darius> and man...the appetite for offices D: entire districts and districts of offices
[01:36] <@Darius> they design their robots in offices
[01:36] <baruttuta> hahahahahaha
[01:37] <baruttuta> that's amazing
[01:37] <@Darius> so my city is now nothing but a service hub with offices everywhere
[01:37] <baruttuta> you've created...america

My Cities Skylines town is approaching 80K residents, with minimal congestion thanks to generous roads and railways with utilisation of the City Underground.

Still no industry. Offices everywhere.

Also many many graphical mods and custom building assets from the Workshop.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Ahahahahaha.

Warships, just got a first-salvo kill on an Amagi with my Kongo. All of the RNGesus. I'm never leaving this ship.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

WoWS.
Time to grind the Myogi for the Kongo.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Ahahahahaha.

Warships, just got a first-salvo kill on an Amagi with my Kongo. All of the RNGesus. I'm never leaving this ship.

Kongo is a keeper.  Just a lovely platform, cruiser speed, good punch and dependable armor.  I just had a monster game, murdered my way through the OpFor Kongo, an Iwaki Alpha, Kuma and mauled a bunch of other ships only to find myself and a carrier against two enemy flattops.  Plowed my way without fighter cover through multiple TB runs to kill one of the flattops before the remaining one finally managed to put together an anvil attack.  Our remaining flattop couldn't finish the deal, ended in a draw.  Still was raining credits and XP at the end, though.

I was in that battle, StarSlayer~

I knew I recognized that username...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Awesome, what were you skippering? It was quite a fracas, its great having battles come down to the wire.

I don't know what you mean, but I was in one of the ships on your side.

That experience though - bit ominous, don't you think?

Offline ssmit132

• Also known as "Typhlomence"
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Dang, seeing all of this WoWs stuff makes me really want to try it, but the Asia site says that they aren't accepting applications for the Closed Beta any more. Could I still do it for the North American one?

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Had some good BattleTech going today.  Played a Binary sized trial, Wolf versus Falcon.  Falcon triumphed, as they should, lifted on the wings of the combined four Eyries and Gyrfalcons I brought.  In addition to looking ****ing awesome, they're also hellishly hard to hit, consistently grabbing a +4 TMM whenever they feel like.  For a 'Mech with two Clan ER LLs, two LB-2Xs, and reflective armor, +4 generally means 12s or higher to hit, while engaging in return at 8s or 9s due to range.  Brutal.

Offline BirdofPrey

• Help! I see GIMP in my sleep
dem partial wings
The Great War ended 30 years ago.
Our elders tell stories of a glorious civilization; of people with myths of humanity everlasting, who hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear.

In testing: Radar Icons

I just played an annoying Binding of Isaac Rebirth run.

Playing as Eve, need to beat ??? to unlock that item. Managed to obtain Dark Bum from the first Devil Room and lower my HP to 0. For those unaware of Isaac rules, this is pretty much golden when playing as Eve. It turns what would normally be a massive, but temporary, low-health damage upgrade into a permanent damage upgrade without sacrificing your entire life bar.

Rest of the upgrades were good as well: Miner's Helmet, Death's Touch, Spoon Bender, Mongo Baby, Little Steven, a few damage ups, Krampus's Head, Infamy. Things are going AMAZING. Only way I could lose this run was by doing something monumentally stupid.

The monumentally stupid thing I did was accidentally picking up Cursed Eye when I'm on the Chest. This means that I now have to charge my shots rather than auto-fire. Annoying, but with the damage I'm putting out and with over 10 soul/dark hearts, I figure I can make do. Except that Cursed Eye's secondary effect is to randomly teleport you every time you take damage. And bosses refill their entire health bar if you teleport out of the battle.

This meant I had to kill ??? without taking any damage at all. I'm not quite that good, even with Infamy. I kept teleporting out of the ??? fight until he finally whittled down my hearts and killed me! :mad:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline 0rph3u5

Started Pillar of Eternity yesterday .... more old-infinity vibe (the cursors, the CURSORS!!!!!) than my faint heart can handle ;)

==================

Offline Patriot

Don't forget the lootbags orpheus, Baldur's Gate comes to mind ;D