Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622614 times)

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
Started playing WoT again.  Bit the bullet and power ground for the 105mm for my M46, that was not fun.  Only 50K XP for the top turret and engine, huzzah.  Everything I've read indicates the fully upgraded she should be a super fun beasty, hopefully I can start rebuilding my stats :P
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Going through Final Fantasy 1 (just restored the Water Crystal) and 6 (f__king octopus cheap-shot tentacles) on emu. Picked up Jane's Longbow again, trying to do the six historical Desert Storm missions (I managed to do the Normandy op on my first try, now I just feel too close to tank formations along my route).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Beat my Rome campaign.  Playing some Borderlands Presequel and some Grim Dawn.  Intending to get back and finish Witcher 3 soon.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Been playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong between writing my BA-thesis ... Currently on the last run before a point of no return...

It is better than the original Shadowrun Returns, but still can't hold a candle to Dargonfall:
Spoiler:
I am currently at the point of the story before you go after the guy that "killed" your character's foster father (quotation marks because in Shadowrun it's always a "show me the body"-situation), but the main thrust in the background is pretty much revealed in strokes and strokes. Unlike Dragonfall, which did the same, there is hardly any mystery around the whole thing because the things slide together so neatly from get go - the Yama Kings are obviously bad news Tsang Mechanical Services obviously made them their point of entry etc etc, all that I am missing right now is the how, why and who is paying.
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Also playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Favorite weapon?
Spoiler:
The Prototype Laser Sniper
... and I like how much history you can get into with your character, though it does throw a firm wrench into my tendency to roleplay my character as being the same person throughout the games.

Offline 0rph3u5

Also playing Shadowrun: Hong Kong
Favorite weapon?

No weapon, Rigger+Decker with Cyberdeck and 2 Drones (each drone has two AP for the cost of one to your PC, and you can spend almost all your character advancement in the Intelligence tree)

... and I like how much history you can get into with your character, though it does throw a firm wrench into my tendency to roleplay my character as being the same person throughout the games.

It's one of the strong points of the narrative :)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Okay the 105mm makes the tank.  Have the top turret and I am closing in on the top engine, which will be great since the middle one is a little pokey.  Running BIA, Cola and Vents M46's DPM is amazing.

Plus it looks like they are fixing the turret bloat in 9.10:

Sexy Tonk!
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Finished Mirror's Edge.  It was a fun ride, albeit somewhat short.  It reminds me a great deal of the original Portal, in that both games serve as proofs-of-concept for an awesome central mechanic that could be expanded upon in many ways.  (Maybe it's no coincidence that both games also feature vocal credits tracks named "Still Alive.")  Hopefully the upcoming sequel will manage to do it justice.

Offline 0rph3u5

Finished Shadowrun Hong Kong ...

It is formualic but in a good way when it comes down to it; there is some cringeworthy stuff with the narrative (basically you are shown some of the major plotpoints too early, which in turn allows a good look at the formula underneath and in finale leaves you with "right I talked about an alternate solution for this with X at the beginning of Act 2") but its had a decent cast and it is suprisingly capable of allowing you to choose how much stake you have in the events unfolding WITHOUT a tropy pitfall.

What I am most disappointed about is, given the setting how little visually striking elements were to be seen; which is mostly the fault of the "descriptive text"-approach to narrating major points of the story. (Which in turn is a limitation of their engine, which works very well for the rest of the game).

Still can't hold a candle to Dragonfall, but not the worst HBS has turned out.

I think I am in the mood for another playthrough of Jade Empire now...

==================

Offline An4ximandros

• Transabyssal metastatic event
Planetary Annihilation: Titans

Hory shet, the entitlement oozing from the Early Access buyers who want Kickstarter backer rewards is brain melting and infurating.

Aside form that, the game is awesome. Everything is awesome. Especially the Ragnarok! :p
Loads of new stuff, loads of optimization, loads of units.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Assassins Creed. So death resets my mission progress, which is understandable, but also resets my mission intro, which forces me to listen to it again for no reason, but doesnt reset my throwing knives, so I have to restock every time. Most annoying. It is also very difficult to lose the guards once they lock onto you and any solution to this situation is more tedious than it needs to be.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
It took me a while to figure out I could restock knives by pickpocketing the thugs instead of having to return to Masyaf every time.
I like to stare at the sun.

Completely forgot the AEUG hijack the Gryps Cannon in MSG: Zeta. My Neo Zeon force's just got a big face full of super laser. Dang hard Japanese strategy games.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Finally started Majora's Mask 3D.  So much nostalgia.  Occasionally rudely interrupted by the sprinkling of little things that were ever so slightly re-designed for no apparent reason.  Just that little 'SOMETHING IS WRONG!' feeling that sits in the pit of my stomach and makes my eye twitch.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Treated myself to a ps4 mgsv edition (metallic maroon with gold trim) and the phantom pain. 

Had it half a week and barely out of the box.

I'm not even married yet  :banghead:
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Wobble73

• Reality is for people with no imagination
    • Steam
Treated myself to a ps4 mgsv edition (metallic maroon with gold trim) and the phantom pain. 

Had it half a week and barely out of the box.

I'm not even married yet  :banghead:

LOL I know that feeling being married.

I am currently trying to play The Amaxing Spiderman 2 on the Xbox One, I only get saturday mornings free to do so, so it's taking a while to get through it.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?
Early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

You would be well adviced to question the wisdom of older forumites, we all have our preferences and perversions

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Procyon. It's funny, it look beautiful, and there's lots of explosions. Perfect for relaxing after work.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline 0rph3u5

Restarting Pillars of Eternity for a run straight into the expansion

==================

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Just playing some Guild Wars 2 again. Don't want to shell out for a subscription but feel like playing some rpg