Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621845 times)

Offline The E

• He's Ebeneezer Goode
  • Nothing personal, just tech support.
    • Steam
    • Twitter
Re: What are you playing right now?
Sooo much Destiny.
If I'm just aching this can't go on
I came from chasing dreams to feel alone
There must be changes, miss to feel strong
I really need lifе to touch me
--Evergrey, Where August Mourns

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
I'm hooked on FTL Captain's Edition. Again. Somehow even after I get tired of it for a while I always come back for more.
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Revan227

• by far, the Hades is WAY better than the colossus!
    • Minecraft
Just finished Heart of the Swarm and preordered Legacy of the Void. By god the online of that game is tedious to get into. So I've decided to get into something else, I saw the   new footage of Star Citizen and I've been getting into X3 and now I can't decide between the existing games.

X3 is such a good game, especially X3: Albion Prelude. Mods make it even better and make the universe even more "alive" than normal.
DIVE, DIVE, DIVE  HIT YOUR BURNERS PILOT!

(yes i know how overused this is)

Overly Attached Support Ship: http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=86760.0

CAVE has released Mushihimesama on Steam. They're looking at possibly releasing more of their games there too (starting with the XBox 360 titles, given the hardware similarities). Which is awesome, because CAVE games have generally been very hard to come by outside Japan.

They also altered their legal warning. Traditionally, it always said that "This game is for use in Japan only." That doesn't make sense on Steam, so it's been altered to say "This game is for use on Planet Earth only."  :lol:

They also left the badly-translated final line "Violater and subject to severe penalties and will be prosecutedt[sic] to the full extent of the jam!" unaltered... apparently as a joke, given the good English the rest of the port has.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Trine 2. Trine 1 was cute, so I got and played the other one too. Got very, very bored of it after the witch arc. Introducing new mechanics just wasn't enough when all the secrets are samey and/or tedious and the levels drag out to extend the completion time.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
FV 721 Fox in Armored Warfare.

Not only is it adorable, it is amazing.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
FV 721 Fox in Armored Warfare.

Not only is it adorable, it is amazing.

Its pretty fun but I think the XM800T is better as a ****s and giggles tank
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Its pretty fun but I think the XM800T is better as a ****s and giggles tank

I'd almost agree with that, but there's one problem: the Baby Bradley dies so much easier.

The Fox is hugely more survivable, mainly because it's much better at the GTFO. This is so far the only tank that can literally run around the block to shoot somebody in the rear armor before they turn around.

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Soooooo much fallout 4.

Holotapes on my collectors edition pip boy.

As per facebook vid.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Dipped my toe into Armored Warfare and ground out the Leo1.  Kinda fun derping around in PvE but for some reason it seems to run weird when I try PvP.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Dipped my toe into Armored Warfare and ground out the Leo1.  Kinda fun derping around in PvE but for some reason it seems to run weird when I try PvP.

The leo line is perhaps not the most newbie friendly line to start with depending on your play style.  It is a hull down tank with adequate turret armour. but is immense fun once you have the game figured out.
If you can suffer having no gun depression the Russian line of MBTs is the most consistent line of MBTs, the American line is more flexible and progresses into the monstrously strong (X)M1 line but you have to suffer the Starship which is a little... Quirky.

away from the MBTs,
the Fire support AFVs,  AMX-10p is pretty good and leads into BMD-1 which is fast and has a potent gun, though again lacks gun depression
for the light tanks The scorpion is ok, the Sheridan is marmite, the Bglt Pz is awesome
BMP line are 50% bigger BMDs favoring capture over recon
Recon AFVs, XM800T is ungodly fun, Swingfire very meh and has a radically different play style, Fox XM800T on steroids + ATGM and I understand the rest of the line is like that
Wheeled TDs, Glass cannons

As for premium vehicles if you are interested my recommendation are the
 - AMX-10p Pac 90 which I find a much better balance than the Zhalo-s
 - MBT-70 which is mobile, thick armour, potent gun with a long reload
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Thanks for the info, I might try one of the AFV lines for kicks, though actually by weird I meant the game performance not the tank.  Its a little odd since most vehicle multi games like MWO, WoT and WoWs run pretty smooth but AW seems consistently a little flaky.

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
Thanks for the info, I might try one of the AFV lines for kicks, though actually by weird I meant the game performance not the tank.  Its a little odd since most vehicle multi games like MWO, WoT and WoWs run pretty smooth but AW seems consistently a little flaky.

WoT and WoWs is based on BigWorld which is hella old now despite the updates because WG insist on the game being playable on a potato in Russia where there biggest core of loyal players are.
AW is based on CryEngine which was designed as we know to break computers.
As for PvE vs PvP performance PvE is rarely run on the full map with smaller number of active tanks, 5 players +5-10 AI on a PvE vs 30 players on PvP + all the aerial crap flying around.  in addition maps like Narrows and I think Reactor (dont quote me on that last one) have known optimisation issues which OE are looking into

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.

The AFVs are fire-and-vanish kind of guys and require a very different playstyle from what most WoT people would be familiar with. The Baby Bradley is okay, but the Swingfire (more like a TD than a recon vehicle) and Fox (excuse me while I drive around at 90kph and spray 30mm autocannon fire at everything and oh god I upgrade to MISSILE SYSTEM I can use if I ever feel like stopping) are hilarious though in different ways. I know too little about the VBL and Wiesel to comment on their play.

The early BMD-/BMP-1 and 2 vehicles are also pretty amusing with their ability to appear, flank, pop off a gun round or five and a missile, and then hopefully duck away as the enemy fires. BMP-3 and BMD-4 are actually a little weaker on this because of their combo 30mm AC/100mm Gun-Missile System.

Bradley is a taste of actually having armor while doing all this and the Terminator gets to dual-autocannon things and then fire off four high-damage ATGMs and then autocannon them again while being swathed in enough ERA to make HEAT shells spontaneously explode inside the barrels of nearby vehicles.

Warrior on the other hand is blah, as it lacks a missile system.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 06:55:50 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

I'm hooked on FTL Captain's Edition. Again. Somehow even after I get tired of it for a while I always come back for more.

Oh man. Why did you introduce me to this? As if FTL wasn't addictive enough already...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

The AFVs are fire-and-vanish kind of guys and require a very different playstyle from what most WoT people would be familiar with. The Baby Bradley is okay, but the Swingfire (more like a TD than a recon vehicle) and Fox (excuse me while I drive around at 90kph and spray 30mm autocannon fire at everything and oh god I upgrade to MISSILE SYSTEM I can use if I ever feel like stopping) are hilarious though in different ways. I know too little about the VBL and Wiesel to comment on their play.

The early BMD-/BMP-1 and 2 vehicles are also pretty amusing with their ability to appear, flank, pop off a gun round or five and a missile, and then hopefully duck away as the enemy fires. BMP-3 and BMD-4 are actually a little weaker on this because of their combo 30mm AC/100mm Gun-Missile System.

Bradley is a taste of actually having armor while doing all this and the Terminator gets to dual-autocannon things and then fire off four high-damage ATGMs and then autocannon them again while being swathed in enough ERA to make HEAT shells spontaneously explode inside the barrels of nearby vehicles.

Warrior on the other hand is blah, as it lacks a missile system.

I dialed back the settings and it seems to be running smoother in PVP.  I also bought a BMP 1, which was an absolute hoot until I took it out in PVP, got a hilly desert map and spent the entire match trying to get the +2 degrees of gun depression to work :P

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
That's the cost of being a Russian AFV, yes.

A Feddie Story

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Unfortunately, I've mained US tanks in WoT with a side of German TDs so this is the first time I've encountered something that can't abuse ridges or actually aim at things slightly below my vehicle :P  Since I am not familiar with the maps this will probably be extra painful to adjust to.

Little surprised that the T-64 is at a lower tier than the T-72, wasn't the 72 was basically a cheap mass producible alternative to the 64?  The T-64 line were overall better tanks than the 72s in Wargame EE and ALB.  I consider the T-64BV the best RU tank in game that are not named T-80U. 

Offline headdie

• Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
I did a little on this last week, the T-72 is a replacement for the T-64 but the Ukraine upgraded the bejeezus out of theirs taking it to contemporary T-72 variant performance levels, then Iraq with Ukranian help developed the T-72Z which is a T-64 upgraded beyond anything done to the T-72 because the Russians were building T-80s

scrap that I seem to have misplaced some facts
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 02:14:26 pm by headdie »

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Unlocked and bought the BMP-1P.  Have Konkurs will travel.