Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622045 times)

Offline crizza

Re: What are you playing right now?
Total War: Attila, the last roman.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
Brother sends my a "present" that turns out to be a copy of C&C4: Tiberian Twilight. 99% sure it was a joke; I'm a big fan of the first three Tiberium games, and I've been scratching an RTS itch lately by trying to beat the first Red Alert, but he knows how much I loath Twilight.

Figured as a joke I'd install it and send him screenshots of how moronic the game was with "hey look at me, I have five mammoths!" comments. Installing the game requires making an Origin account. While setting that up I noticed that Origin was offering an "on the house" special sale of C&C: Red Alert 2, which I'd never got around to playing, for the marvelous price of $00.00. Promptly downloaded it.

Then I found out that C&C4 requires you to enter a registration code (found in the manual) before installation. Since my brother got the game used, the code in the manual had already been used, making the disk completely worthless.

At least we both got a good laugh out of it. And hey, RA2 and Yuri's Revenge alone are enough to justify the six bucks Bro spent on it. Especially with the Mental Omega mod getting their next update ready:
http://mentalomega.com/
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
At this point I own more than a dozen games on Origin, but I have not spent a single cent on any one of them.  Right now Peggle has its claws into me (don't judge!)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I was also given a copy of C&C4.  In link form.  If ya know what I mean. 

It still wasn't worth it.  Deleted it before I even made it out of the tutorial-type missions.

It had come up on some forum, and I said something to the effect of "it might not be good, but it CAN'T be as bad as all the rage."  The provider of the link said pretty much exactly the same as I am now, but invited me to see for myself.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Axiom Verge.

Was playing the game and made it to one particular character, then my laptop screen starting fizzling over (and I thought given the nature of the game, that would have been natural), only to find out my screen was fizzling for real. Thankfully that got fixed in five minutes.

Should probably play it on my new tower. *groan*
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline MP-Ryan

• Makes General Discussion Make Sense.
  • Global Moderator
  • Keyboard > Pen > Sword
    • Twitter
Dragon Age Inquisition and DLC.  I'm 2 hours in.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created.  This made a lot of people very angry and has widely been regarded as a bad move."  [Douglas Adams]

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Chronicles of Riddick. Now that's a run&gun stealth game I can like.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Star Trek Online.

I'm not sure I should be able to casually blow the everloving snot out of a Borg Cube, but my ship is long, shiny, and very definitely not a phallic metaphor.

Offline InsaneBaron

• In the CR055H41R2
I was also given a copy of C&C4.  In link form.  If ya know what I mean. 

It still wasn't worth it.  Deleted it before I even made it out of the tutorial-type missions.

It had come up on some forum, and I said something to the effect of "it might not be good, but it CAN'T be as bad as all the rage."  The provider of the link said pretty much exactly the same as I am now, but invited me to see for myself.

Somewhere back in this thread I posted an angry rant about everything wrong with that game. Calm, two-sentence version:

The story is aweful because Kane's basically harmless plan is both lame and out of character for the great villian that the series spent four previous games building up, meanwhile Colonel James is portrayed as some kind of extremist for coming to the logical conclusion that Kane was up to no good, while Rios gets to give the victory speech at the end because her head-in-the-sand Neville Chamberlain insistence that Kane could be trusted turned out to right in roughly the way a stopped clock is right twice a day, with the end result that the ending comes off as completely arbitrary and cynical and robs the player of any sense of achievement.

The gameplay is aweful because EA thought it would be a good idea to completely rewrite the gameplay into an undesirable C&C/DOTA hybrid where concepts like bases and economy are abandoned in favor of a weird sort of stalemate-prone attrition warfare because crippling the opponent's infrastructure is impossible when the entire infrastructure is wrapped up in one vehicle that doesn't need to harvest resources because it builds units for free and said vehicle respawns for free if destroyed, meaning that there's no way to actually have the satisfaction of smashing your opponent, instead you have to get more arbitrary "victory points" which generally have little to do with actually dominating you opponent, meanwhile the battles are essentially squad-based because of a headcount limit that prevents you from having more than 16 units even with the cheapest infantry.
Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move." - Captain America

InsaneBaron's Fun-to-Read Reviews!
Blue Planet: Age of Aquarius - Silent Threat: Reborn - Operation Templar - Sync, Transcend, Windmills - The Antagonist - Inferno, Inferno: Alliance

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
This cracked me up
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Both Ground Control games for $2.30 or so each on GOG.  Do eet.

(And yeah I know the first one was legally released for free several years ago, but why not?)

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.

(And yeah I know the first one was legally released for free several years ago, but why not?)

Listen to the man.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Hitman absolution and blood dragon.

Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline crizza

Listen to the man.
Guess I need to search my two discs^^

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Just started playing the original Tomb Raider for the first time (yes I know) on GOG.  Dem triangular boobies.

(oh God it's a bear and it's mauling my face stop please)

Offline MatthTheGeek

• Captain Obvious
  • Frenchie McFrenchface
TR1 is the first game I ever played. Honestly for a '96 DOS game it aged quite fine imo, but I might be biased by nostalgia.

I suggest playing TR Anniversary right afterwards if you can, comparing the original and the remake is a good exercise.

(bears are fun, just wait till you hit the T-Rex or the winged fireball-throwing mummy horrors)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 06:43:03 am by MatthTheGeek »
People are stupid, therefore anything popular is at best suspicious.

Mod management tools     -     Wiki stuff!     -     Help us help you

666maslo666: Releasing a finished product is not a good thing! It is a modern fad.

SpardaSon21: it seems like you exist in a permanent state of half-joking misanthropy

Axem: when you put it like that, i sound like an insane person

bigchunk1: it's not retarded it's american!
bigchunk1: ...

batwota: steele's maneuvering for the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: you mispelled grâce
Awaesaar: grace
batwota: oh right :P
Darius: ah!
Darius: yes, i like that
MatthTheGeek: the way you just spelled it it means fat
Awaesaar: +accent I forgot how to keyboard
MatthTheGeek: or grease
Darius: the killing fat!
Axem: jabba does the coup de gras
MatthTheGeek: XD
Axem: bring me solo and a cookie

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
I've just finished Sang-Froid. What a neat little game it is. The endgame is pretty much giving you all the op **** out there, which is disappointing, but its satisfying nontheless.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
TR1 is the first game I ever played. Honestly for a '96 DOS game it aged quite fine imo, but I might be biased by nostalgia.

I remember when I first played it on a ca. 1992-make PC with not enought memory to run it ... the joys of single digit framerates :)

I am currently looking through Star Wars: The Old Republic ... It is nice but I will be the game that sells me on the MMO concept (progression without a group works, thankfully, unlike other MMOs I've tried but there is still waiting in lines on some quest bosses and interactions spots which is hardly funny)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline crizza

Tropico 5

Finally got a copy of Homeworld Remastered Collection. With my new surround sound head phones and the sick remastered versions its got my nostalgia flowing.