Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622164 times)

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Re: What are you playing right now?
I played PJ Shooter with my firend. We played until the game refused to let us play more levels because we haven't collected 35 diamonds. Don't do this, games. Ever.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Polpolion

• The sizzle, it thinks!
    • Minecraft
Playing RTW as the US again. Got 3 centerline turrets when I could only build ships up to 16k tons.

The hell with it, the per-unit price on them is nothing compared to the 24k ton models I usually try to build as a baby's first dreadnaught. I poured all my money into the world's tiniest battlecruiser class, the Emancipators. When I got superfiring X turrets I poured even more money into the Emancipator Flight 2 with its R turret moved aft, and then with superfiring B turrets, the Emancipator Flight 3 with its X turret swapped to the B position. I have eighteen of these things under construction, and more battlecruiser tonnage than even the Royal Navy.

Let the world of 1906 drown in tiny battlecruisers.

This game looks pretty neat. Is this kind of sketchy site the only way to get it?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
This game looks pretty neat. Is this kind of sketchy site the only way to get it?

Sadly yes. You can't even pirate it; too niche.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Did another single mission in X-wing vs Tie Fighter: Balance of Power, managing to get my third "excellent performance" patch with the imperials  on hard but only "fair performance" on medium in the rebel version of the mission and even then the only way I had to beat the mission with the rebels was switching the Y-wings loadout to heavy rockets to make sure that goddamn station went down before the heavy lifters came out of hyperspace to steal the imperial cargo.
I also did the mineclearing melee both with an A-wing and an imperial gunboat, I ended up with a bronze melee plaque with both ships on hard.
After weeks of Wing Commander Saga I had to readjust a bit, both because using the throttle is much more vital (especially while using a bulkier ship like the Y-wing) and because the last ten or so missions of WCS had the Excalibur so I lost most of my aiming abilities.   :nervous:
Also, I kept forgetting that button 2 is for rolling not for the missiles and the ministick was an additional hat, not the rudder.  :ick:

And I played a bit of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on my Gamecube with GBA adapter.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:04:33 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
An I played a bit of Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow on my Gamecube with GBA adapter.
Awwww yeah. Good ol' AoS.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
Playing Stellaris.
My god... I want my life back!

Spoiler:
Not really, I don't. You can keep it  :P

« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:40:44 pm by Rodo »
el hombre vicio...

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Stellaris makes me really wish I had a mouse, because the mousewheel is the only zoom button, and you can't remap keys.

Offline crizza

Sadly yes. You can't even pirate it; too niche.
This looks realy interesting.

Playing Stellaris.

Glad I'm not the only one

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Playing Stellaris.

My god, how do you have so many planets and so low fleet strength?  I see five different sectors, which means at least a dozen and change planets.  I've got eight planets, and three fleets of 800+ strength, and one with nearly 3300.

EDIT: 30 combat power per ship point.  I didn't know ships went that low.  My Corvettes are sitting at 60ish, and my Destroyers at 110-120.  I just commissioned my first three cruisers, and they're sporting nearly 300 each.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Fighting a war against the juggernaut of the British naval budget in RTW. (I was trying to fight Japan.)

They have 20 predreads, but they're behind me in dreadnaughts; between my ridiculously large fleet of 18k Lexington and Lexington Flight 2 ships and the new 22k-ton Essexs I could stomp their predreadnaught fleet flat without even breaking a sweat, but so far my only fleet action options have been with my own predreads.

Both our first dreadnaughts are at least 20 months out, and the only reason the British are keeping up is because their bull**** predread fleet lets them blockade me until I move my own predreads and BCs to that area. If it were down to who's winning battles, or if it came to a knock-down drag-out fleet fight, I'd stomp them.

EDIT: I've invaded and taken Bermuda from the Brits, along with something in Southeast Asia. They took the Bismarcks from me, but that was a capture from my previous war with Germany.

EDIT EDIT: Fulfilling the dream of Americans since we blew it during the Revolution, I have now invaded Canada. Nova Scotia is an American possession. The MVP of my fleet at this point is surprisingly not a battlecruiser or cruiser, but USS Wainright, one of my 700-ton DDs. Wainright saved the Lexington at the Defense of Colon, torpedoing HMS Invincible and forcing the British battlecruiser to turn and limp away, then went on a rampage through a Britsh DesDiv off Bermuda where she sank a Jed-class DD with a single 4" hit and mauled two others in close combat, and has finally topped it off with torpedoing a pair of Canada-class light cruisers when DesDiv 4 stumbled onto them at night in a storm, sinking both.

Now I have somebody who can be Bath Iron Works' answer to Shigure.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 05:41:23 am by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
DOUBLEPOSTING LIKE A BOSS

The United States and Britain were at war for 62 months, from 1908 to 1913. The awesome might of the Royal Navy (35 predreads) failed to bring the Americans to heel, and in the end the war substantially reduced the breadth of the Empire. The Americans, too, suffered their losses, most notably the battlecruisers Lexington and United States, but wherever British ships went in the end they found America's steels walls waiting for them. Despite the loss of their name-ship the Lexington-class battlecruisers proved decisive in the slow, grinding attrition of the British cruiser fleet, reducing the number of hulls available for raiding. They also proved more than a match for the old-model British battleships, with Lexington herself accounting for HMS Albion, HMS Ramilies, and HMS Centurion on her death ride at the First Battle of Halifax. The American destroyer arm fought and won numerous actions in defense of convoys from the Philippines to the Eastern Seaboard, soundly defeating their counterparts. The old New York-class predreadnaughts faced off with their British opposite numbers twice, sinking HMS Howe and HMS Rodney in small battleship division actions, but served primarily in shore bombardment duties, covering the many invasions the Americans would ultimately launch.

The Royal Navy's final losses stood at 5 Bs, 6 CAs, 18 CLs, and 25 destroyers. But most grievous to the Empire by far were the activities of the American Marines and Army, not the USN. A successful British invasion of the Bismarcks in Southeast Asia provoked the Americans to reinforce fleet strength there, resulting in an American counter-invasion, and then the loss of Singapore when the USMC stormed ashore under cover of the guns of the New York-class. Bermuda was seized on the other side of the world in the same month. The Americans, not content to stop there, returned the New Yorks to the Eastern Seaboard and used them to batter down the defenses of Nova Scotia, then sent them south to cover an unsuccessful invasion of Grand Bahama, and a successful one of New Providence. The defense of Newfoundland collapsed as the American battlecruisers and newly built battleships of the Virginia and Colorado classes moved from Portland to Halifax and set to destroying every coastal village they could find, and the invasion when it came was blessed relief. With the remaining British ships in North America trapped in Saint John's, New Brunswick, the American army launched a grand offensive into eastern Canada; all of Canada east of Winnipeg fell inside two months. The return of the three British battlecruisers captured in Saint John's, bereft of fuel or ammunition, was slight compensation in the peace deal for the fact that the Americans annexed all their new possessions by right of conquest. Indeed, Quebec has already petitioned for US statehood. The Eastern Seaboard of North America is now truly an American lake, and many in the UK suspect only the end of the war prevented them from turning the Caribbean into another one.

A Feddie Story

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Blazblue: Calamity Trigger
I've managed to beat Hakumen with Rachael in arcade mode after countless tries, with nu-13 I've decided to leave it paused instead of turning off the PC because I really had to interrupt but so far it seems to be a similar story to Hakumen:
I lock her in a long combo then at the exact split second I hit the wrong button (like hitting medium attack at the wrong moment) she shreds me with a couple of hits and possibly a super combo, bonus points if nu-13 has a single pixel health bar and mine is almost or completely full.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Playing Stellaris.

My god, how do you have so many planets and so low fleet strength?  I see five different sectors, which means at least a dozen and change planets.  I've got eight planets, and three fleets of 800+ strength, and one with nearly 3300.

EDIT: 30 combat power per ship point.  I didn't know ships went that low.  My Corvettes are sitting at 60ish, and my Destroyers at 110-120.  I just commissioned my first three cruisers, and they're sporting nearly 300 each.

I think I got lucky with the amount of continental planets. Also none of the bordering empires are overtly hostile (though the one to my bottom left is getting unhappy), and this is shortly after some rapid expansion and wildlife clearing. Though shortly after I finished a couple ship techs and bumped two of those fleets to 2k and was preparing to bump up the 3rd. This is also on normal difficulty as well.

Edit: I can't tell right from left

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Naval Action:

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Just finished Saints Row: Enter the Dominatrix.

End spoilers!
Spoiler:
Really Pierce, a dinosaur with guns is your wish from the Raptor King?
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Recording the Cutscenes from Gihrens Greed so people can see them in their glory!

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
A Starter Fleet Miscellany from RTW.

Your average predread, with 12" armor-crackers and 6" superstructure-eaters (plus 3" for anti-DD work in the early days). Sometimes I reduce Conning Tower and deck armor a bit (plunging fire doesn't really exist in the early game) and go for 7" secondaries instead to give it more punch against comparable ships. There's nothing particularly special about this design in comparison to what the AI would build.

Rochester-class CA. A 10k or 11k ton earlygame CA, it typically outweighs and outperforms enemy CAs, and has superior armor. The 10" gun turrets mean it can usually sink any other CA it can catch. The use of 5" secondaries gives it a punch still capable of wrecking protected cruiser armor and raising hell with enemy superstructures, but also allows the elimination of a weight-expensive tertiary battery for anti-DD work when compared to 6" secondaries. It will generally serve well as long as armored cruisers are useful, and can make for a good raider in the late game; more than powerful enough to dispatch enemy light cruisers no matter the era. It has a fighting chance against early dreadnought-era BCs (the "badnought" era, as it's known) since both ships will likely be able to penetrate the other, but will get easily killed by any such ship designed post-1910. There's a reason the AI just stops building CAs.

Olympia-class protected cruiser. In the 6000 to 6500-ton range, with a 3" belt plus belt extension and deck extension armor usually absent from protected cruisers, it usually has at least 2000 tons on most of its prospective opponents. Its primary battery of 6" guns is supplemented by an ultra-heavy secondary battery of 5" guns. This ship is 100% guaranteed to stomp flat the kind of protected cruisers the AI builds as well as be an unholy terror against destroyers (that don't torpedo it), and true challengers to your light cruiser dominance are likely to appear only in the 1920s. You can easily last out the 25 years of the normal game using no other type of CL, and I've actually done so. The one weakness of the design is that at 24 to 23 knots it will start to be outpaced by battlecruisers and even dreadnoughts fairly quickly.

Chauncy-class DD. Your average 500-ton monstrosity, it uses 3" guns and wing torpedo tubes to prevent taking a RoF penalty. Early torpedoes are almost wasted weight, so it's not like you're losing much by not having centerline mounts. AI destroyers are likely to mount 3" guns fore and aft with a 2" secondary battery and centerline torpedoes (crowding penalty), so it actually hits a little harder most of the time and will remain relevant up to the 700-ton DD era in the 1910s. It will generally need replacement by that date, though; might be worth keeping mothballs and hauling out for ASW and coastal patrol every time a war breaks out, but it will be obsolete as a fighting unit in the face of a 4" broadside with a similar number of guns.

A Feddie Story

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
*sip
How come you have the same icon? you are watching me aren't ya?
No, pretty amazing we went for the same one, I was really undecisive about it but eventually went with it.

How are your ship classes called? I'd laugh hard if we had the same.

Got by class:
Fenris & Lev
Deimos & Aeolus
Orion
Hecate & Collosus

Currently resurrecting from a war with a fallen empire and looking to get stuck in with the unbidden, not without crushing a few skulls first because HYPERLANES AHHHHHH

edit: no, it was not enough.
HYPERLANES AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

edit 2: recommend the "control more planets" & "beautiful battles" mods.
el hombre vicio...

-for added brevity-

Thanks for the mod suggestions, and I haven't had a chance to touch it since last post.

I left the auto names (though now I want to at least rename the science ship), and have used Fenris (Cv), Cerberus (DPlat), and Deimos (DD) so far as canon names, then for stations I've used Thermopyale (subspace snare) and Hel for stations and Vikingr for a cruiser (was kind of drawing blanks on names when I made it), and Phobos for another cruiser.