Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622753 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
I'm playing 3 FS2 Campaigns

Shadow Genesis v1.1, The Procyon Insurgency and Renegade Resurgence

Any opinion about the campaigns I'm playing are welcomed. ;)
I'm a great collector of mods, 73 and counting! Ask me for the list.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Overwatch.  Been playing lots of Soldier: 76, with a smattering of Widowmaker.  Average damage with S76 is hovering near 9k.  I'm pretty happy with that.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
I really dig the class diversity in Overwatch.  I've been trying to spread myself out and there are still characters I haven't tried.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I'm pretty terrible with offensive characters that aren't S76.  I'm generally okay with that, because I'm good enough with S76 to play terribly on another character for a few minutes and then switch to win the round.

That doesn't always happen, but it happens often enough.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
The Doom (216) demo on Steam, RIP AND TEAR!
Seriously though, it's short but I played it both on Hurt me plenty and Nightmare also fiddling with the settings.
At 1280x800 (my screen is 1280x1024 but the game is so blatantly framed for 16:9 and 16:10 that I had to lower the resolution) with everything on low it was very much playable on my Radeon HD 7770 1gb ghz edition, never going below 30 FPS and mostly staying around 40, quite surprising, it seems that those peopel saying it required at leat a 960 were either exagerating or talking about 1080p 60fps.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Phantasy Star for Master System on Sega Mega Drive
At a certain point I just gave up and looked for maps and walkthroughs, I got lost even on the overworld because the goddamn casual encounters didn't let me get a good enough idea of my surroundings, and a few things are literal guide dang it moments, like where you can use the hovercraft on Motavia, the small tract of coast in which you can use it is no different from the rest but you have to go in that precise spot even though on Palma as long as you are near water you can use the damn thing.
Casual encounters are often infuriating, either you can go through entire dungeon floors without a single encounter of you get one for each step you make which is made more aggravating in the late game by the fact that they tend to have bazillions of HPs and some even long attack animations like the Zombies.
It's still much better than the DS version of Final Fantasy III, but not by much, at least you don't have to grind that much, I just had to farm some money and on Motavia there are enemies that drop them by the truckload and I don't remember the last time I had one of my characters die.
I should be more on less near the end, I should be able to finish it in a day or two.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 11:51:27 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
That's on my list to go back to.

That and shining force. Need to re read the manual first though.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
BattleTech.  Twelve hours a day of BattleTech.  Woo conventions!

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Finished Phantasy Star for Master System on Sega Mega Drive
The finale is almost a case of "a winner is you", which is a bit jarring when the rest of the game is strangely verbose for such an old JRPG.

Offline Kobrar44

• On Suspended Sentence
  • Let me tilerape it for you!
    • Steam
Finally finished Witcher 3. It's such a mixed bag but I sooo love it. I think I missed some things, but I can't be arsed to go through all the ****ty filler to find it. I'll wikipedia it some day.
Oh guys, use that [ url ][ img ][ /img ][ /url ] :/

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I got back to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on Gamecube
I ragequitted a few months ago at the room full of guillotines in the graveyard dungeon, boy I hate the camera in this game, but I managed to get to the boss which thoroughly kicked my arse because the camera tends to point downwards and so I couldn't notice that the thing was visible with the truth thingy, hell, if you could use the second analog stick on the Gamecube pad to steer the camera instead of using it to emulate the yellow buttons on the N64 controller many of the most rage-inducing parts would be laughably easy.
I'm also sick of Navi and her pop ups in some dungeons, most of the times they say really obvious stuff and leave out stuff that instead it's not as obvious as the developers thought.

I also bought an Everdrive MD v3, collecting original Sega Mega Drive carts was getting way too expensive even when limiting myself only to the games I was really interested to play, if this thing is really good as they say it makes the $ 95,00 I paid look like an investment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 04:38:32 pm by Det. Bullock »

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Playing Witcher 3, just got done dealing with all the Baron's ****.

THIS GAME IS SO BEAUTIFUL
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I'm probably going to buy a new computer in a few weeks so I can play some actual modern games. My PC is 10 years old :(

Yay for steam sales, they'll be there in my library when I'm done.

I've basically dropped everything and am now playing the Resident Evils 4. It's so good. Like god damn, I just can't stop playing it. I want to play Dark Souls (still stuck on Manus btw) and Dead by Daylight that my friend bought for me but I just want to play it.

I probably will just go back to Dark Souls if I manage to beat Manus though.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
I want to play Dark Souls (still stuck on Manus btw)

I probably will just go back to Dark Souls if I manage to beat Manus though.

There is a cheap trick to Magnus if you have enough Souls (and some non-essentials)... it is in same category as the Drake Sword in cheesiness but if you really, really want to be beat him without hourlong grinding (even in Demon Ruins or Painted World) send me a PM and I will fill you in
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

I'm having some fun with Il-28 bomber in War Thunder. I never used to fly anything which had more then one engine <unless it's called P-38 or a jet fighter> but this thing is an enjoyable exception :) Properly used 2x23mm tail turret can shred any attacking player.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I've been playing another bit of the first Just Cause on PC
Unfortunately I got a bit OCD and started grinding cartel ranks when I finished the settlements to conquer, even though I'm at the last mission it might take a while.

Offline headdie

• i don't use punctuation lol
  • Lawful Neutral with a Chaotic outook
    • Minecraft
    • Headdie on Deviant Art
just done my first session in a pen and paper RPG via roll20.net running Dark Herasy, and I was neatly chopped in two by a random warp entity during transit... this is going to be a painful run.
Minister of Interstellar Affairs Sol Union - Retired
quote General Battuta - "FRED is canon!"
Contact me at [email protected]
My Release Thread, Old Release Thread, Celestial Objects Thread, My rubbish attempts at art

Offline Sushi

• Art Critic
Finally started Dark Souls II after picking it up on sale.

Impressions so far:

* It's pretty! And I didn't have to install mods to get it to work correctly!
* I like that being a white phantom is always available as a way to get some humanity back. Really cool touch.
* I'm glad I didn't try to do a "no level up" run like I did for DS1, it's really hard to imagine how that could be as successful in DS2.
* Combat is still fun. Anything remotely requiring platforming still sucks.
* Screw the Pursuer. I'm going to be very smug when I finally skewer him.

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Baroque, Smoke and Oakum

“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”