Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621818 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
I started Hyper Light Drifter today. It's very pretty, but also weirdly hard. But it's one of those games that makes my eyes defocus and water. I'll try it again when I'm better rested, and see if I can do better.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Baroque, Smoke and Oakum

One of the better tracks on that OST...

Unless you're not refering to Master and Commander.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
I'm probably going to buy a new computer in a few weeks so I can play some actual modern games. My PC is 10 years old :(

Yay for steam sales, they'll be there in my library when I'm done.

Mine is 9 and dead. Gog.com is your best friend for classics.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
That's kind of what I've been trying to do but at some point I'd like to play games made after like 2012 or so (it's not that bad really)

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I sold my 10 year old build to a guy who still plays modern games on it.  Probably can't max out the latest poor console ports or the Witcher, but these days you don't have to max details for the game to look good and be playable (ususally).

More on topic, OMG steam sale. Dropped about $50 on new songs for rocksmith, and my wish list is growing by the hour with "I shouldn't, but probably will buy these" games.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I sold my 10 year old build to a guy who still plays modern games on it.  Probably can't max out the latest poor console ports or the Witcher, but these days you don't have to max details for the game to look good and be playable (ususally).

More on topic, OMG steam sale. Dropped about $50 on new songs for rocksmith, and my wish list is growing by the hour with "I shouldn't, but probably will buy these" games.

The first game that gave my computer some problems even at the lowest settings was the Doom demo, but this with a now almost 4 years old 100 Euros video card, I remember when a high end 600 Euros video card lasted two years if you were extremely lucky.

It's good to be a PC gamer today.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 10:55:47 am by Det. Bullock »
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
So I just discovered I can't sell or trade sale trading cards AT ALL anymore, because they decided to add yet another asinine 'security' measure by requiring the steam mobile app to avoid a FIFTEEN day waiting period on market sales or trades.  Which the cards expire and disappear well before.  Valve, not all of us have android or ios devices, and many of those who do have no desire to feed you even more personal info for you to expose.  I sent a message off to support, and the response was basically "screw you we're not fixing this".  :mad:

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
Wait, Steam requires a mobile app to do things?

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Wait, Steam requires a mobile app to do things?
Yep, pretty much.

Fortunately my father and my brother decided to force a smartphone on me, but it's really horrible for people who have only windows devices or are content with their old mobile phone.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Blue Lion

• Star Shatterer
I don't have an app and it hasn't caused me issues. What do you need it for?

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I don't have an app and it hasn't caused me issues. What do you need it for?
Since a lot of people had their accounts stolen the app is needed to confirm the steam market sales and login on new devices (it gives a temporary autentication code like those things they sometime use for on line banking).

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Since a lot of people had their accounts stolen the app is needed to confirm the steam market sales and login on new devices (it gives a temporary autentication code like those things they sometime use for on line banking).

Or an email account. Lets me do that.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, you don't absolutely need mobile authentication, but you'll be forced to undergo a mandatory trade delay otherwise, and I think there are one or two other things Steam locks you out of without it.  I don't have a smartphone myself, but I already had the Android emulator BlueStacks for a mobile game, so it wasn't a massive issue.  It is kind of a pain in the ass to have to alt-tab out of TF2 or the like just to get the current code, though.

Offline CP5670

• Dr. Evil
  • Global Moderator
I hate how these services are forcing two-step login schemes on you these days. Humble Bundle has been doing it too, with no way to disable it. Either they have an inflated view of their own importance and think your account with them is like a bank account, or more likely, they want to collect extra data on you from the phone app.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
I also suspect the second.  But for steam this is now THREE factor, they already had steam guard.  Although since I can't use it, I don't know if it replaces that for those who do.

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
I also suspect the second.  But for steam this is now THREE factor, they already had steam guard.  Although since I can't use it, I don't know if it replaces that for those who do.
It replaces it; it's actually called "Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator". Instead of emailing you the code, your phone generates it.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
House of The Dying Sun
I should really wait for when they fix the support for the CH Pro Throttle (at the moment it's either full speed or full stop for some reason, not game breaking but really annoying), but I can't resist.  :nervous:

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Moar Overwatch.

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Now I need to decide which of my recent (or hell, past 3 years) impulse sale buys to play.  Or do I go with my original plan of replaying the Crysis series if I can get 2 to stop freezing.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
 Dark Souls 3 - my birthday-presents finally arrived
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."