Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 621937 times)

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Re: What are you playing right now?
Witcher 3 - got to Kaer Morhen.

And took a short break and played a little Stellaris.
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Dark Souls 3 - my birthday-presents finally arrived

Yay! HB!

Offline deathspeed

• i can't think of a good avatar
    • Steam
I started Wings of Prey a few days ago.  Since I am more into action than sims & realism these days, I have been enjoying the arcade setting.  I really appreciate that even in this mode, you can still have full control of the plane, including loops and flying inverted.  They only issue I have really had is that I am confused by the process of binding buttons on my Sidewinder FF2.  Some appear to be bound twice, but in different columns and sections of the setup menu.  I'll get it figured out though.
Maybe someday God will give you a little pink toaster of your own.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
House of The Dying Sun
Now I have three destroyers, ho ho ho!
I love directing capital ships, even when they don't do much damage they are excellent at keeping bigger ships busy.
I noticed you can slip inside an enemy capital ship shields completely bypassing them like in the Wing Commander Saga fangame, there is even an achievement for it.
I also like how the difficulty levels lead each to a different version of the mission rather than having different AI or damage settings.
With the radial menus my CH HOTAS is essentially overkill, even with the weird throttle, and you can bind everything the way you like, and I mean everything, it distinguishes between different menus so that you can use the stick both for the ship and for the various menus or just assign a hat if you prefer, each axis can be inverted, etc.
Of course this means that the game won't tell you of any conflicting bindings so it's better to pay attention at what you are doing.
Only I'm not sure if it's possible to use the POV hat for looking around in the cockpit, if there is the possibility of binding it among the humoungous list of possible bindings I haven't noticed thus far.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

"I gotta go to bed soon... Enough time to explore a little bit and see what we can see."

*dies*

"Ha ha, that was pretty lame. I'll just go slay that jerk and pick up my souls, and go to bed."

*grabs souls, then dies*

"All right, no problem. I'll go grab my souls, find that item I saw glowing, then go to bed."

*grabs souls, item*

"I'm doing really well! Might as well see if I can find a shortcut to open or even a bonfire a while ahead."

*dies immediately*

"I needed to go to bed half an hour ago, but I can't just leave that pile of souls there."

*repeats process for another hour. finds shortcut finally, flees*

-Dark Souls II

Just beat Bloodborne, including the hidden bosses.

I think after clearing the DLC and Chalice Dungeons, I was WAY overlevelled for the game's technical final bosses. They went down really fast.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Dark Souls 3 - my birthday-presents finally arrived

Yay! HB!

Thank you.

-Dark Souls II

hehe

Dark Souls III:
- Encounters Fire Demon roaming in an area of the Undead Settlement
- Tries to run past obviouly too powerful to fight Fire Demon
*dies*
- Retrieval, tries to use the Chamelon item to sneak past Fire Demon
- Demon doesn't give two cents about me looking like a box
*dies*
- Retrival, tries to let Siegwald do the fighting instead while running circles himself
*dies*
- Retrival, tries to fight with Siegwald
*dies*
- Retrival, doesn't go down to the Demon instead pulls out his Bow and cheeses the Demon from the point where Siegwald sits when the fight is not triggered yet
- Demon killed
- goes on through the level, gets shot by a Great Arrow from across the level
(it's a feature)
*dies*
- tries to retrieve Souls
*dies*
- tries to run through the area which is impacted by Great Arrows, gets blocked by enemies
*dies*
- runs in circles through the area with the Great Arrows, so they kill the enemies
*dies*
- runs through the area with the Great Arrows, serpentining to avoid Great Arrows and enemies
*falls off a ledge and dies*
- avoids the ledge, avoids the enemies, avoids the Great Arrows
- runs right into the next boss
*dies*
- does it all again
- realizes that the door opposite of the Fog Door is functional from this side
- tries to backtrack to a Bonefire
*dies*
« Last Edit: June 30, 2016, 01:00:11 am by 0rph3u5 »
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

If you want to do something about those great arrows, I recommend going to the top of the tower where you met Siegward.

And just remember: violence is not always the answer. Unless there are dogs involved.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

And just remember: violence is not always the answer. Unless there are dogs involved.

Wrong! The right answer is: Give everyone hugs and love! Unless your name is Dilbert.

I think both Dark Souls and you are both Dilbert's. You hug hater!

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
With the radial menus my CH HOTAS is essentially overkill, even with the weird throttle, and you can bind everything the way you like, and I mean everything, it distinguishes between different menus so that you can use the stick both for the ship and for the various menus or just assign a hat if you prefer, each axis can be inverted, etc.
I've seen videos with that radial comms menu in action, and man I would kill to have that in FS2.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
I've seen videos with that radial comms menu in action, and man I would kill to have that in FS2.
The FS2 system was good for joy+keyboard or mouse and keyboard but it's a pain to bind it to a HOTAS, mode 2 is essentially mostly for comms on my throttle and even then is awkward enough I just reach for the keyboard, it wasn't that bad in Wing Commander Saga because you can give orders only in a couple of missions but on the Freespace campaigns this is going to be annoying.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
If you want to do something about those great arrows, I recommend going to the top of the tower where you met Siegward.

He also resets every time you die ... got tiresome (and I am fastrolling everywhere since I found the Stamina Regen-boost ring so...)

Continuing on, because my afternoon seminar was moved to morning houres:
Spoiler:
- Killed the Crystal Sage; How do you recongnize a Wizard? By the ridiculous Hat of course...
- Arrived at Farron Keep; Poison, no thank you.
- Killed "The Master" at Firelink Shrine and claimed his Katana (finally)
- Drove off the Drake on the High Wall of Lothric and all I got was a Titantite Shard?!
- Found the Darkwraith and battled him for the Red Eye Orb, he fell down the elevator shaft while lunging at me after I came off the elevator which I had accidentally triggered while rolling away from him.

(killed the Curse-rotten Greatwood-boss yesterday already)
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline crizza

Nothing :D
MY rig decided all of the sudden that it didn't want to run any game...
CPU fan gets incredibly loud and the whole beast restarts, though using Furmark, Prime 95 and the likes sometimes it works on the highest setting only to crash again :D
Tough luck.

Offline Luis Dias

So I got this new game for my kids because they are at the right age, them all.

Then, of course, I had to play it a while to teach them the basics of it.

Bad mistake.

Bad bad bad mistake.

Now I'm totally hooked to minecraft. Damn. I should totally have predicted this ****. "But it's a kid's game" I said. "I won't ever be hooked to it", I said. What a ****ing retard.

One of the best things a parent can do is play games with their kids though :D
Has the LEGO nostalgia kicked in yet?

Offline Luis Dias

That was quite a few years back. Now I'm just annoyed everytime I get home and I see thousands of blocks scattered through the living room's floor...

He also resets every time you die ... got tiresome (and I am fastrolling everywhere since I found the Stamina Regen-boost ring so...)

That shouldn't be true. Talk to him once and he remains your friend for the rest of the game, I think, regardless of death.

Oh! You didn't use the branch he gave you did you? You have to keep that. If you get rid of his token of friendship, he'll become hostile again.

That was quite a few years back. Now I'm just annoyed everytime I get home and I see thousands of blocks scattered through the living room's floor...

Minecraft is the gift that keeps on giving in that regard ;)