Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622098 times)

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Re: What are you playing right now?
Elite: Dangerous Horizons
Did a few data courier missions, at the last one however I got interdicted by a pirate, fortunately I play solo so it was only another poor sap in a Sidewinder that lasted, uhm, twenty seconds, I guess?
But boy, getting thrown out of supercruise is SCARY.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

I'm replaying the first FEAR game. It has bland visuals, but it's still fun because of its AI.

AI is the only technical aspect of games that doesn't seem to be improving. FEAR and Fury AI are my favorites. What are some other good ones?

After getting absolutely sick of World of Warplanes (again), I got back into War Thunder.
It's a much, much better flight game.

I'm also playing the land battles in WT. I don't know if it's just the people who play low tiers, but it seems that 10% maximum people actually realize that capturing the capture point is what leads to victory. Also, from my spectating, it seems that also about 10% of people actually know how to attack tanks.

I regularly get a 3/1 k/d or better, and then lose my tanks, because I'm the only one of my team in the remote vicinity of the capture point. It's rather frustrating.

EDIT: 5 kills, 5 assists, 0 deaths in an A13 Mk1, ie. the starting British tank.
EDIT2: 12 kills, 4 assists, 0 deaths in the Crusader Mk2, a tier 1 British light tank.
EDIT3: 8 kills, 3 assists, 0 deaths in the T-50, a tier 1 Russian light tank.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 08:52:41 pm by Scourge of Ages »

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
I'm also playing the land battles in WT. I don't know if it's just the people who play low tiers, but it seems that 10% maximum people actually realize that capturing the capture point is what leads to victory. Also, from my spectating, it seems that also about 10% of people actually know how to attack tanks.

I regularly get a 3/1 k/d or better, and then lose my tanks, because I'm the only one of my team in the remote vicinity of the capture point. It's rather frustrating.
Welcome to every objective-based shooter ever, e.g. every random TF2 pub match I've ever played in.  "Lessee, three Snipers, four Spies, no Medics, and no one remotely near the point/cart.  Yup."

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
Also roughly half of each team is made up of AI bots.  The kills you're getting, odds are, are not players.  At least, not most of them.

Also roughly half of each team is made up of AI bots.  The kills you're getting, odds are, are not players.  At least, not most of them.

Wait, really? That explains the terrible skills.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
After getting absolutely sick of World of Warplanes (again), I got back into War Thunder.

Wait, you can even get a match? Last time I looked, there were like 50 people online. (Being in Beta was a sad experience, they had a pretty good game and strangled it.)

Ground Forces in War Thunder isn't quite so far gone, but I've never seen a full player team, usually not much more than half. That said, players tend to get killed a lot more than bots, because bots tend to hesitate. I've had a lot of first-on-team-around-10-kills games where they were majority players just because players are the ones who actually push forward into contact with the enemy, and a good position makes you God. The man who is sitting will do the hitting.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
X com 2.

I'm retrieving Spark.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Overwatch from time to time.
Ghost in the Shell: First Assault Beta.
Freespace Blue and doing gameplay recording for this generation to know how space sims have been over looked.
Battlefront (DICE/EA) when I want to go pew pew pew or play as a hero class, like Luke Jedi Knight or Vader Sith Lord
Spoiler:
or Laporte Nagari Knight (what? I get a Force Sensitive vibe)

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
So...

I finally found fixed guns, after a few data runs and a cargo run with a few scans here and there (still won't sell them, too close) I decide to go for a "harmless" rank combat mission aaaaand...

...all opponents are elite grade with very good armor, i got away with 27% hull and none of the objectives accomplished.

But at the next station I docked I finally found an Adder do buy (they told me it has more space than the Sidewinder and similar all around usefulness so...) and equip.

Only thing I don't know if it's better to maintain the extra cargo rack the Adder came with (main one has 8 of space, the extra one has 4) or buy a vehicle hangar, since I haven't tried yet going around with the rover (what can I say? I'm a spaceship guy, I hate driving cars) and at least once I might be tempted to go and try it.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
A Tale of Two Wastelands.  It's like FSPort, but with Fallouts.  I can play Fallout 3, then New Vegas, with the same character, all in New Vegas
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
So...

I finally found fixed guns, after a few data runs and a cargo run with a few scans here and there (still won't sell them, too close) I decide to go for a "harmless" rank combat mission aaaaand...

...all opponents are elite grade with very good armor, i got away with 27% hull and none of the objectives accomplished.

But at the next station I docked I finally found an Adder do buy (they told me it has more space than the Sidewinder and similar all around usefulness so...) and equip.

Only thing I don't know if it's better to maintain the extra cargo rack the Adder came with (main one has 8 of space, the extra one has 4) or buy a vehicle hangar, since I haven't tried yet going around with the rover (what can I say? I'm a spaceship guy, I hate driving cars) and at least once I might be tempted to go and try it.

Gimballed fo lyfe yo.  The Sidewinder is pretty terrible once you graduate to most anything else, and the Adder is a decent upgrade.  My personal ride is a Cobra Mk III outfitted for exploration.

Offline Luis Dias

The Beguinner's Guide is an excellent trolling on pseudo-intellectuals all over the internetcritiquespace. Love it.

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
So...

Gimballed fo lyfe yo.  The Sidewinder is pretty terrible once you graduate to most anything else, and the Adder is a decent upgrade.  My personal ride is a Cobra Mk III outfitted for exploration.
I prefer having more damage, I don't have that much trouble aiming at least for now.

Offline Scotty

• 1.21 gigawatts!
  • Guns, guns, guns.
I have a lot of fun circle-strafing with lateral thrusters and holding down the trigger on four multi-cannons in my Cobra Mk III.

Funboat gunboat

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Starbound and the infinite loop of die-respawn-get-my-gear-back
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Finished Metroid Prime Trilogy (I don't know why, but Prime 2 ended up feeling like a chore due to having to sweep every place again to find the Final Nine Keys), doing a bit of Hyrule Warriors, and Another Metroid 2 Remake (the final-ish release... it's happening).
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Finished Metroid Prime Trilogy (I don't know why, but Prime 2 ended up feeling like a chore due to having to sweep every place again to find the Final Nine Keys), doing a bit of Hyrule Warriors, and Another Metroid 2 Remake (the final-ish release... it's happening).

I can't wait to get my hands on the trilogy.... I just need to get a console and it... at and affordable price.

EDF!! EDF!! EDF!!!@#

Also eyeing the F-5 Tiger II module for DCS, alongside the Mirage. conflicted ;_;

EDF!! EDF!! EDF!!!@#

Shivans are one thing....but those DAMN SPIDERS!!!!!