Author Topic: What are you playing right now?  (Read 622098 times)

Re: What are you playing right now?
That rings familiar, but I guess I forgot about it.

Interplay, please just go out of business already so you can stop mucking things up.
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
They're all on GOG.COM too.
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline AdmiralRalwood

• The Cthulhu programmer himself!
    • Twitter
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Codethulhu GitHub wgah'nagl fhtagn.

schrödinbug (noun) - a bug that manifests itself in running software after a programmer notices that the code should never have worked in the first place.

When you gaze long into BMPMAN, BMPMAN also gazes into you.

"I am one of the best FREDders on Earth" -General Battuta

<Aesaar> literary criticism is vladimir putin

<MageKing17> "There's probably a reason the code is the way it is" is a very dangerous line of thought. :P
<MageKing17> Because the "reason" often turns out to be "nobody noticed it was wrong".
(the very next day)
<MageKing17> this ****ing code did it to me again
<MageKing17> "That doesn't really make sense to me, but I'll assume it was being done for a reason."
<MageKing17> **** ME
<MageKing17> THE REASON IS PEOPLE ARE STUPID
<MageKing17> ESPECIALLY ME

<MageKing17> God damn, I do not understand how this is breaking.
<MageKing17> Everything points to "this should work fine", and yet it's clearly not working.
<MjnMixael> 2 hours later... "God damn, how did this ever work at all?!"
(...)
<MageKing17> so
<MageKing17> more than two hours
<MageKing17> but once again we have reached the inevitable conclusion
<MageKing17> How did this code ever work in the first place!?

<@The_E> Welcome to OpenGL, where standards compliance is optional, and error reporting inconsistent

<MageKing17> It was all working perfectly until I actually tried it on an actual mission.

<IronWorks> I am useful for FSO stuff again. This is a red-letter day!
* z64555 erases "Thursday" and rewrites it in red ink

<MageKing17> TIL the entire homing code is held up by shoestrings and duct tape, basically.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
:3 well excuse me for not staying up to date ;)
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
...it was literally posted two posts above your last one. :p

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
I thought that was referring to steam. I'll put my hands up to not reading any links but was only trying to help y'all out.
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was in the dark about this, at least.  :lol:
"You need to believe in things that aren't true. How else can they become?" -DEATH, Discworld

"You can fight like a krogan, run like a leopard, but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard!"

Offline Klaustrophobia

• the REAL Nuke of HLP
    • North Carolina Tigers
Playing C&C Generals ZH.  Attempting the generals challenge on hard.  This **** is almost impossible, they don't give you ANY time to build defenses before steamroll level attacks.  Using the infantry general, as his mini gunners seem to be the ONLY thing that can repel the superweapon general's initial attack.  I'm pretty sure I remember beating it on hard a long time ago.  Maybe even with air force.  Currently stuck on tank challenge, can't keep my bunkers alive long enough to fully stock them with missile troops.
I like to stare at the sun.

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
High speed low drag!
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine

Secret bomb God.

Offline Luis Dias

Doin a lite mass effect 2 campaign again because I'm bored at current game choices I have now... boy did I forget how incredible Legion's soundtrack was. Holy ****ing ****, gave me shills again.

Offline Wet Orange Ostrich Toilet

• Worst Modder HLP has ever seen
Playing 'one' turn in Civ V. I totally wasn't playing it for several days or anything.

I mean, it's not like I love Civ V or anything. It's just, I...uh...had nothing else to do.
"I thought the Medal Display thingy was a baking tray!"

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Akumajo Dracula Vampire Killer AKA Castlevania Bloodlines/New Generation on Sega Mega Drive
I finally finished Normal mode and unlocked Expert mode.
I liked the gimmick with Death, before fighting him you have to choose a card which will either heal you, hurt you or make you fight a boss from stages 2,3 and 4, then after finishing all the cards you fight death. Choosing the order wisely is needed to avoid starting the fight with Death missing a good chunk of health like I did the first time I managed to beat all the bosses.
Afterwards Elizabeth Bartley and Dracula have been rather easy, with the latter beaten at the second try, the most difficult has been Bartley and only because her second form has a tight damage window that's easy to miss as her attacks are easy to avoid, nothing compared to the Gargoyle in Stage 3.
I also did expert mode almost until the end of the third stage, the water section of the first level became stupidly difficult because of the added ghosts that keep screwing with your jumps, same deal with the rising water section of the second stage, I hate them already.
The third stage instead I think had only a couple more of harpies and those minigargoyles you meet before the boss.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

Pretty much finished everything to do with Starcraft II on hard, minus the epilogue for 'Legacy of The Void' and Nova: Covert Ops (don't have it). Though there are times where I've scratched my head and gone.......what.....at the same time, it's been a fun, long journey from the beginning to the near end. Since whats left for me is to Co-Op and enjoy the 'StarCrafts' mod from CarbotAnimations, I've decided it was high time for me to return to Elite: Dangerous, dust off the cobwebs on my Python and prepare for the 2.2 'Guardians' update.

So far.......quite the interesting return....
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 05:53:48 pm by starwolf1991 »
Previous Projects: Ancient-Shivan War | GTF Durandal

Current Projects: Exile: Into The Dark Waters (Proof-editing/misc)

Offline Black_Yoshi1230

• Fat and lazy glory hound, mooch, narcissist.
    • Black Yoshi's YouTube Page
Jane's F/A-18.

Finally beat the mission where I had to destroy the nuclear weapons dump. (I was a complete idiot back then and didn't know how to lock fixed targets with the FLIR, now I do and I don't have to kick and scream about using the MAP mode radar for stationary target bombing.)

Now it's just hammering SAM sites, and getting to destroy an airbase that housed Backfires.
The MechWarrior 2 Resource Forum / Flyboy's Flight Sim + Aviation Page / Falcom Sound Team JDK / Jane's F/A-18 - Resources

&& "LAUNCH! LAUNCH! S__T WE'RE HIT! WE'RE TAKING CANNON FIRE! GET US THE HELL OUTTA HERE!" - The best Jane's Longbow 2 Co-Pilot Audio Clips.

|| BEAMS! DEATH BY BEAMS! <- Blue Planet: War in Heaven in a nutshell. (Phrase is adapted from the Freeman's Mind spinoff Barney's Mind, Episode 14: BEES! DEATH BY BEES!)

^ Give a kid a stick and tell him to beat up his enemies, he'll do it without a second thought. Give a kid a book and tell him to defeat his opponent, and he'll read the book, defeat the other's mind, and smack him on top of the head. Give a kid a flower, he'll force his opponent to eat it.

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Dark Souls III DLC prep-grind ... let's see if there is still something to do for a Blade of Darkmoon
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Det. Bullock

• Madman in a box.
Akumajo Dracula Vampire Killer AKA Castlevania Bloodlines/New Generation on Sega Mega Drive
Boy, stage 4 on expert is absurd.
How to make a game frustrating?
Add bats and floating ghost skeletons/zombies in the parts where you can either fall to your death or being crushed by machinery.
I've found myself using the subweapons much more often.
The beginning of stage 5 isn't worse unexpectedly (well, it was pretty bad on normal already) and I was able to get past it in a single life, the second section of the stage however is slightly more difficult because they added a couple more knights and a huge knight at the end.
"I pity the poor shades confined to the euclidean prison that is sanity." - Grant Morrison
"People assume  that time is a strict progression of cause to effect,  but *actually*  from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more  like a big ball  of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff." - The Doctor

I guess any landing you can walk away from is a good landing, right?

And amazing that the ground crew can glue new wings, wheels, and a propeller on in only 30 seconds! And patch all those bullet holes.

Offline Turambar

• Determined to inflict his entire social circle on us
  • You can't spell Manslaughter without laughter
Playing 'one' turn in Civ V. I totally wasn't playing it for several days or anything.

I mean, it's not like I love Civ V or anything. It's just, I...uh...had nothing else to do.

I tried to do this, but civ needs UI scaling
10:55:48   TurambarBlade: i've been selecting my generals based on how much i like their hats
10:55:55   HerraTohtori: me too!
10:56:01   HerraTohtori: :D

Offline 0rph3u5

• Oceans rise. Empires fall.
Just played through the much-lauded opening of Mafia III ... and it's lauded for several very good reasons.

Although game protagonists really have to spot saying "WTF?" when recollecting what is supposed to be a traumatic experience. Takes all the weight out of it.

The overworld AI is hilarous as you might have heard. In New Bordeaux doing sudden 180°-270° turns seems to be regional sport...
"As you sought to steal a kingdom for yourself, so must you do again, a thousand times over. For a theft, a true theft, must be practiced to be earned." - The terms of Nyrissa's curse, Pathfinder: Kingmaker

==================

"I am Curiosity, and I've always wondered what would become of you, here at the end of the world." - The Guide/The Curious Other, Othercide

"When you work with water, you have to know and respect it. When you labour to subdue it, you have to understand that one day it may rise up and turn all your labours into nothing. For what is water, which seeks to make all things level, which has no taste or colour of its own, but a liquid form of Nothing?" - Graham Swift, Waterland

"...because they are not Dragons."

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Reminds me of my experience replaying the original Just Cause.  At one point I was trying to liberate a military base, and there were tanks randomly exploding upward a few hundred feet into the air.