Author Topic: Re: CVS Builds  (Read 64278 times)

Offline ARSPR

• Preys On Mantis
There are some problems on "As lightning fall" with the latest builds...

When I approach the "beacon 1", "the beacon 2" should be revealed ? This is not happening, making this mission nigh impossible to complete...
Secondy, Is this the "recovery ship" supposedly called via reinforcement command, I can't call anyone.

When I played the mission on the
1/28/06 build, all the beacons were already visible, making the mission "baby snack", but I still could not call that recovery ship, when I reached the NTT Grall.

I think targeting works fine. I mean Nav beacons do not get inmediatly targeteable, they just appear as blinking dark grey points in the radar. You have to get closer to get them targeteable.

But the reinforce calling is definitely broken. I'm going to mantis it. Maybe it's related with 691 bug.
IF YOU HAVE TROUBLES WITH FS2:
  • Please, please, please, READ and UNDERSTAND the sticky threads in FreeSpace & FreeSpace Open Support board.
    A lot of people are willing to help you, but, as anyone can understand, seeing the very same "issues" repeated again and again can become quite depressing. Please, spend a bit of time trying to solve the issue by yourself.
    (Lobo deserves a monument).
  • Then, if you aren't still able to solve your issue, feel free to ask for help in that same board.
    FYI, most of the troubles are caused by wrong mod installations which lead to either missing data or undesired cross-effects between them. Always follow the mod installation instructions and keep a clean FS2 installation as explained in the sticky threads. Two additional links about how the game handles game data:
  • If you think that you've discovered a bug, mantis it.
    Provide as much info as you can, and try to narrow it down. A lonely "FS2 doesn't work" is not a good report.

Whoever Hanlon was: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.
Albert Einstein: Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Dell Dimension 9200 - Vista 32-bit Ultimate
Core 2 Quad Q6600 @2.4GHz - RAM 2 GB DDR2
nvidia 8800 GTX - Integrated Sigmatel Audio

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
Well, the bug with the Port mission I mentioned is fixed.

There is however a rendering error that appears after extended play. Ships get the wrong textures - I think it also affects the HUD, though I can't say 100%. Got a screencap of it, but it's pretty big (2048x1536).

http://www.freewebs.com/phatose/screen0001.jpg

turn off -img2dds. that's exactly what happened to me. don't use it until the coders fix it.
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

-img2dds wasn't on.  When it's on, I get something much weirder, ghost ships.

Offline Cobra

• Snake on a Cain
    • Minecraft
    • Twitter
well, not only that, but you get the radar map for an insignia on a perseus. :p

well, i guess -img2dds doesn't fit this equation...
To consider the Earth as the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of millet, only one grain will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios
I wept. Mysterious forces beyond my ken had reached into my beautiful mission and energized its pilots with inhuman bomb-firing abilities. I could only imagine the GTVA warriors giving a mighty KIAAIIIIIII shout as they worked their triggers, their biceps bulging with sinew after years of Ivan Drago-esque steroid therapy and weight training. - General Battuta

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/30/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline redmenace

Updated!
CVS as of 1/31/06
Some Important Comments:
  • Standard Build Updated
  • Optimized Build Updated
  • Inferno Build Updated
  • Optimized Inferno Updated
  • Standard FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized FRED2 Updated
  • Inferno FRED2 Updated
  • Optimized Inferno FRED2 Updated
Government is the great fiction through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline bfobar

I know its extra work for you, but any chance of throwing up a sentence or two saying what got updated in the new CVS? I'm curious what gets changed, thats all.

Offline starfox

Me too, would like to know, (unless it's something very minor).
Bigger updates 'n stuff are usually anounced in the other threads in style "It's in CVS now"
Aside from that, if you have any extra time, little line or two of "what's updated" would be very informative.
Keep up the good work :yes:

Rig:
A8N-SLI Premium
AMD 64 X2 4200+
GF 7950 GT
X-FI ExtremeMusic
HEC 550W
2 Gt RAM
Win XP

Me too, having a small Change Log / History file would be really helpful to identify bug's sources, and which build were introduced.

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
Jus tried the latest standard FS2 build, and it really futzes with my sound. No matter what I try, all music & sound is fuzzy, scratchy, and unbelievably annoying...

Offline AlphaOne

• !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Oki now i'm confuzed...!   :( Which is tle last build the 3.6.8 I need to download in order to play derelict and stuff and I think Karajorma told me to get the open all also so that the sound or something like that works..!
I would really apreciate the help! I just dont know which one to download! :confused:
Die shivan die!!
Then jumps into his apple stealth pie and goes of to war.What a brave lad....what a brave lad say the ladies in red.

(\_/)
(O.o)
(> < ) 

This is Bunny . Copy  Bunny  into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
SCP >> Recent Builds >> CVS Builds Thread.

Read the small print in the first post.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Umm... What is the newest build? (link?)
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline Wanderer

• Wiki Warrior
  • Mostly harmless
Do not meddle in the affairs of coders for they are soggy and hard to light

Offline Prophet

• The know-it-all
Never mind then...
I'm not saying anything. I did not say anything then and I'm not saying anything now. -Dukath
I am not breaking radio silence just cos' you lot got spooked by a dead flying ****ing cow. -Sergeant Harry Wells/Dog Soldiers

Prophet is walking in the deep dark places of the earth...

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Updated the links for RedMenace. He'll probably only come along and have new versions anyway though :)
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline redmenace

I ahve alot of new versions, but hlp has been on and off latly
              -Frederic Bastiat

Offline ShivanSpS

Any one to Fix the stheath bug and the non-limited sensor nebula bug?

Offline bfobar

so uh, got a new CVS for us to play with?  :)

Offline Trivial Psychic

• Snoop Junkie
There's a fix for turrets that Taylor may be committing tomorrow.
The Trivial Psychic Strikes Again!