Author Topic: Just playing with Coxxon's models again... Let's put an art-ish thread on here.  (Read 14921 times)

Offline Black Wolf

• Twisted Infinities
  • Hey! You! Get off-a my cloud!
    • Visit the TI homepage!
Re: Just playing with Coxxon's models again... Let's put an art-ish thread on here.
If this (the Aurora) doesn't make it into Diaspora, you should still get it converted into FS (may need some fiddlage if it wasn't designed for that in the first place, plus probably some LoDs, debris, pof data etc.) and release it as a Diaspora compatible mod. I'm sure someone on the team could give you an indiction of how many turrets/what types you'll need to make it balanced against their ships.
TWISTED INFINITIES · SECTORGAME· FRONTLINES
Rarely Updated P3D.
Burn the heretic who killed F2S! Burn him, burn him!!- GalEmp

Re: Just playing with Coxxon's models again... Let's put an art-ish thread on here.
That is a really good design. I love the renders you did, they really captured the feeling of BSG I think. I also like how the images with the flak renders sort of invoked imagery of World War II; the only thing that'd make it better is having a few Vipers and Raiders dancing around nearby. But really, great job.  :yes:

Offline Aardwolf

• Minecraft
Re: Just playing with Coxxon's models again... Let's put an art-ish thread on he
That's a very nifty idea Morwen compiling a short video detailing the project's development.

Didn't Omniscaper do something similar with the Galactica mesh?

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Re: Just playing with Coxxon's models again... Let's put an art-ish thread on he
Yes
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline Morwen

That's a very nifty idea Morwen compiling a short video detailing the project's development.

Didn't Omniscaper do something similar with the Galactica mesh?

I'm not Omniscaper in disguise, I swear!

Offline T1T4N1UM_M4N

• I AM TITANIUM MAN
saw this post ages ago but forgot to post my WIP Battlestar i'm playing with atm.
i still have more armor and little details to add but its looking fairly good so far :)
UPDATE : New better render for you guys

[attachment deleted by evil Tolwyn]
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 04:39:31 am by T1T4N1UM_M4N »

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Woah that looks good :D

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
those viper's images are in the game? and we have any chance to see mk7 malestrom variation?
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
Nothing on this entire thread is in-game. Nothing is even from a Diaspora team member (Although some is from people who want to join).
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline torc

• Diaspora SFX engineer
ok...and for mk vii malestrom variant?
indossare una divisa può avere un prezzo alto...ma a volte...è troppo alto!!! Bill Adama

Offline Harbinger of DOOM

• Three fries short of a Happy Meal.
saw this post ages ago but forgot to post my WIP Battlestar i'm playing with atm.
i still have more armor and little details to add but its looking fairly good so far :)
UPDATE : New better render for you guys
ZOMG engines.
aldo_14 ~ "The ego has landed."
an0n ~ "Wheee, I can spam and no-one will notice!"

Offline T1T4N1UM_M4N

• I AM TITANIUM MAN
I've now pretty much finished my model in maya , heres some more renders :)
ive added armor plating on the body, new flight pods, new engines and new flight pod arms :)

Offline YIIMM

This is a Battlestar I've been working on in Google Sketchup but haven't worked on in some time (about 9 months). Might resume work on it over the summer:

Offline TESLA

• 1.21 gigawatts!
All the fraking designs here a damn right amazing, well done with all the work lads!!
Some people here really do have talent!
Although your girlfriends are going to be pissed with the amount of time your spending on it  :p  :D lol
In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced
to talk to God.

There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Lt.Cannonfodder

• Digitalous Grunteous
That's fairly impressive work considering it was done in Sketchup, yiimm.

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
Although your girlfriends are going to be pissed with the amount of time your spending on it  :p  :D lol

They probably get used to it after a while :P

They probably get used to it after a while :P

no, no they don't :-(