Author Topic: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)  (Read 115480 times)

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
nvm, was on the wrong page

E:

Download Knossos and register (if you haven't already) and then tell me your username.
I'm interested in trying this, and my username on Knossos/Nebula is Woolie Wool.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:18:31 pm by Woolie Wool »
16:46   Quanto   ****, a mosquito somehow managed to bite the side of my palm
16:46   Quanto   it itches like hell
16:46   Woolie   !8ball does Quanto have malaria
16:46   BotenAnna   Woolie: The outlook is good.
16:47   Quanto   D:

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline wesp5

Re: TBP 3.5 Work in Progress (Split from Star Fury Pilot Unofficial Patch 2.0 released!)
Something else about TBP 3.5: I was just starting to test the Vorlon mini campaign when I noticed that the Centauri Primus cruiser fires the same old red beams like Narn and EA ships, when "The Lost Tales" clearly shows that they fire yellow! I already changed that in my patch, but looking inside the current weapons.tbl reveals that there already is a yellow beam with the remark: "Centauri Battlelaser, rarely used - For those who belive it's supposed to be yellow" Well, I certainly are one who believes this, so how can I change the beams inside a mission without changing this table? If this is possible I would use the same way to restore the unused Vorlon beam with side-flashes for their cruiser and planet destroyer. If it is not possible I would argue to include both into the main mod and I could edit the tables!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 09:43:30 pm by wesp5 »

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
Double click on a ship in FRED and then click Weapons to change its loadout.

"did they use anesthetic when they removed your sense of humor or did you have to weep and struggle like a tiny baby"
--General Battuta

Offline wesp5

Double click on a ship in FRED and then click Weapons to change its loadout.

Thanks, that works :)! I still would like to have both included into the main mod. Any reasons why this should not be done? I'm pretty sure we only ever see the Centauri ships fire yellow beams and projectiles and they should have more powerfull weapons than Narn and EA. Also we often see the cool Vorlon beams in the show and as they are already included in the mod, I think they should be visible on all ships where they fit which I think are only cruiser and planetkiller anyway.

Offline Woolie Wool

• Fire main batteries
You're asking the wrong person as I have never worked on TBP, nor have I watched The Lost Tales.

--General Battuta

Offline wesp5

You're asking the wrong person as I have never worked on TBP, nor have I watched The Lost Tales.

I was not asking you as such, but everyone partaking in this thread, some of which are the makers behind the 3.5 update :)!

P.S.: I just fixed another "color" issue just by changing the mission file. But this could be another thing to consider for the core mod:

- The Drakh scatter gun fires yellow/orange projectiles that are completely at odds with the blue beams they use normally!
  Is there any visible proof in the show that these projectiles existed? Otherwise I would change them to something blue...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 05:08:18 pm by wesp5 »

Offline wesp5

I continued updating the Vorlon mini campaign for TBP 3.5 when I noticed something else:

- It seems that all the small capcomm movies are missing from 3.5 at the moment! Strange enough they can be found in the models/Backup files but I can't even extract them from there as I don't know in which format the final file is.

Also why isn't anybody answering to my questions and suggestions here? Is there another better place for bug reports and suggestions or are all of you on holiday or just too busy to write something?

I was told about the Discord room for TBP.  It seems active at times

https://discordapp.com/channels/223511295431933953/471333306630144031

Offline wesp5

I've made another small fix that should be included in the core of TB 3.5: I removed the white line at the left of the loading screen :)!

[attachment stolen by Russian hackers]

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I am actually on holiday. Will be back late tomorrow so I'll only be useful the day after.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline wesp5

I am actually on holiday. Will be back late tomorrow so I'll only be useful the day after.

Ah, I had hoped for something like that ;)! I will be on holiday myself this week, but I will have access to the web and probably a way to install Knossos and TBP 3.5 too. To sum up my recent postings here, when you are back you might want to download and include these files, which I uploaded, in the core mod:

- fixed strings.tbl
- fixed Ship_Jump_3rd.wav
- fixed PreLoad.tga and 2_PreLoad.tga

Besides those I think we might want to discuss some of the weapon colors although I have them fixed for now inside the mission files, and most important, we have to get all the little transmission movies back which are in the model/backup files in TBP 3.4 and which I can't find in the current version of TBP 3.5 at all...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Why don't you sort out SVN and point it at the Knossos folder? Then you can upload yourself.

Offline wesp5

Why don't you sort out SVN and point it at the Knossos folder? Then you can upload yourself.

Really? I thought SVN was a kind of bug report thing like Mantis and only team members can do the actual fixes or uploads...

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
Really? I thought SVN was a kind of bug report thing like Mantis
No.  SVN is a version control system that both backs up the mod to prevent loss of work due to hard drive crashes etc. and allows for quickly undoing a bad change that somehow broke the mod.  For a better explanation, just use your search engine of choice, where you can find a much better explanation than I can give.
only team members can do the actual fixes or uploads...
That is correct.  For obvious reasons, you don't want random members of the public to be able to upload random files to the repository, so you need access before you can change anything.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline wesp5

For obvious reasons, you don't want random members of the public to be able to upload random files to the repository, so you need access before you can change anything.

So this would mean I kind of would be an official developer? In that case please send me the password and I will try to get it running to add my fixed files...

P.S.: I just tried to install Knossos on the PC of my father here, but failed because it isn't OpenGL 2.0 compatible. The emulator Knossos suggests didn't help either so it would be really cool, karajorma or PIe, if you could download the four small files I uploaded here and add them to the 3.5 core on the SVN for now. Thanks!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 02:45:07 pm by wesp5 »

Offline PIe

• GTVA POLICE
    • freespace3.com
I pushed Col. Fishgut's HTL ship models which were also included in Zathras.
if you could download the four small files I uploaded here and add them to the 3.5 core on the SVN for now. Thanks!
Done.
[6:23 PM] PIe: why do I have the feeling that I shouldn't be able to give orders to 22nd armored hq
[6:24 PM] Axem: 22nd armored hq, i order you to get me a cup of coffee
[6:24 PM] PIe: and donuts
[6:24 PM] PIe: BECAUSE THIS IS THE GTVA POLICE
[6:25 PM] Axem: :O
[6:25 PM] Axem: am i under arrest
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: no, just please step out of the myrmidon
[6:26 PM] [`_`]/: you have so much to fred for

[9:50 PM] Sottises: wait did you do vassago's verge?
[9:50 PM] Sottises: .. dirge?
[9:50 PM] Axem: yes
[9:50 PM] Sottises: ohh
[9:50 PM] Sottises: well I have that and JAD too
[9:50 PM] Axem: :)
[9:50 PM] Sottises: what a contrast of themes lmao
[9:50 PM] Axem: isnt it
[9:51 PM] Axem: super grimdark thriller about unknowable alien intelligence and over the top colorful action about friendship
[9:51 PM] PIe: jad is grimdark???
[9:51 PM] Axem: :skull:

Offline wesp5

if you could download the four small files I uploaded here and add them to the 3.5 core on the SVN for now. Thanks!
Done.

Cool, thanks! Any ideas on where the small ani movies are in TBP 3.5 and how they are called? Or if they are not included yet, how to extract them out of the models/backup* files of TBP 3.4b?

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be considered part of the upgrade team wesp5. Hell, this whole thread started from one of your topics. :p

The basic idea is that we make changes in SVN because we can easily see what changed and when (SVN stores the new version and the old one. So it's harder to accidentally wipe out a file and then have no idea where we got it from). Once we have a certain amount of changes in SVN, we'll upload those changes to Knossos so that all the testers get an update.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 06:42:31 am by karajorma »

Offline wesp5

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be considered part of the upgrade team wesp5. Hell, this whole thread started from one of your topics. :p

Great! Yeah, I was quite persistent ;). People waste a lot of money on things like Star Citizen with wonderful mods like TBP going on rather unnoticed. Once I'm back home I'll try to figure the SVN thing out. Do you know anything about the missing ani movies? They are used a lot in Mag's B5 Star Fury Pilot missions...

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
If they're not necessary for Raider Wars, they're probably not there yet because of that.