Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 16690 times)

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Well if you click on my name from the member roster you can see what i've got F-Wise, then reccomend one for my first NS fight. Any others i mightt donate like my 2 coacabo eggs i chucked into the stash :)
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline karajorma

• King Louie - Jungle VIP
  • Administrator
    • Karajorma's Freespace FAQ
I'll take a look but bear in mind that the NS just beat the **** out me twice today (First time she's beaten me in months).

My own fault for going in arrogant and unprepared when I've been really unlucky with item drops I suppose.

Out of what you've got levelled up I'd suggest using the Angry Goat. It would take too long to level up the others.
Karajorma's Freespace FAQ. It's almost like asking me yourself.

[ Diaspora ] - [ Seeds Of Rebellion ] - [ Mind Games ]

Offline Colonol Dekker

• HLP is my mistress
  • Aken Tigh Dekker- you've probably heard me
    • My old squad sub-domain
Cool, I need to get an Angry goat add-on patch now...

*goes to check KoL wiki*

I like the member roster, it gives motivation to be topdog..... :D
Campaigns I've added my distinctiveness to-
- Blue Planet: Battle Captains
-Battle of Neptune
-Between the Ashes 2
-Blue planet: Age of Aquarius
-FOTG?
-Inferno R1
-Ribos: The aftermath / -Retreat from Deneb
-Sol: A History
-TBP EACW teaser
-Earth Brakiri war
-TBP Fortune Hunters (I think?)
-TBP Relic
-Trancsend (Possibly?)
-Uncharted Territory
-Vassagos Dirge
-War Machine
(Others lost to the mists of time and no discernible audit trail)

Your friendly Orestes tactical controller.

Secret bomb God.
That one time I got permabanned and got to read who was being bitxhy about me :p....
GO GO DEKKER RANGERSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
President of the Scooby Doo Model Appreciation Society
The only good Zod is a dead Zod
NEWGROUNDS COMEDY GOLD, UPDATED DAILY
http://badges.steamprofile.com/profile/default/steam/76561198011784807.png

Offline Shade

I am definitely with Karajorma on familiar choice - I used a volleyball for most of my 2nd run and it made it much faster than my first, and I've since then gotten me a store familiar that I use for something like 80% of each run - Which I especially like for the extra meat, which gets funneled directly into hairsprays and MP restorers most of the time. I do break out a gravy fairy when I'm farming for stuff or a combat familiar/barrnacle for bosses I'm not sure I can beat, but that's about it really. The others just can't beat the stat gains from a volleyball for me except in specific cases.

For the sorceress I just use whichever combat familiar happens to be the highest level at the time, though I've tried a barrnacle once with questionable success - I really couldn't tell if it even did anything noteworthy to her, so now I'm sticking with ones that actually dish out some serious pain... or mild itch, in the case of my first NS fight where I used a low level Mosquito :p
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr
<Cobra|> You play this mission too intelligently.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Well, I've got a second character going, Iriad the Hobbler, he's a Disco Bandit and will be applying to the Clan soon. He's mostly intended for mixing drinks, collecting things I never picked up along the way with Thragor (Baron Ratworthy's monocle for example) and general farming.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
I say Grue!

1'st time I got lucky, straight 35's  :lol: Owned!

Second time... well I got 20's  :doubt: Still kicked her rear  :nod:. So now prepping to go disco bandit. 2 moxie points till I get ode to booze  :D

EDIT: Grue for the NS, volleyball and sombrero otherwise (sombrero is better after icy peak). And leprechaun/Gravy fairy for farming  :D. Gravy fairy owns for getting red pixel potions.

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
The grue is good on the correct days. If you plan ahead for when you think you'll get to ascend it can be worth training up one.

Anyway I finally managed to beat the NS and I permed armourcraftiness. Not a particularly favoured skill but on at least two occassions random number generator screwage has delayed me for a day when trying to get hold of a pair of wolf masks to make the furry suit. Now I don't need either and finding one is a nice bonus. :)

Going back around as a TT though cause I've decided to get Tenacity of the Snapper. Then I'll get Rage of the Reindeer and Snarl of the Timberwolf (assuming I can perm that one). With them all active I get 10% more muscle and +30 damage which hopefully means I can lunging-thrust smack most of enemies in the game into oblivion in one round. With those and a couple of initiative boosts I should be able to adventure at the Hole in the Sky without needing any kind of moxie boost. I'll simply win initative and smack the **** out of it before it can reply :D

That's the theory at least. If it doesn't work at least I'll have a way of beating Von Ratsworth every time. I only beat him about 50% of the time cause I want to get those drinks on day 1.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Not to mention the the Monocle, Lucky Rabbits foot and Mining helmet make for a good farming setup, especially if you have the Gravy Fairy of the like with you :)

And don't even mention haunted Nightstands. Oh well, at least I got a grumpy restless spirit out of it :)

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Lol.. TT permed familiar weight buffs, leash of linguini, Plexiglass pith helm, Leprechaun, polka of plenty, meat detector......

45 Pound leprechaun :D. 275% meat bonus total (with the polka). Throw in the DB meat grabbing thing, the gnomish skillz, panhandling...

+310% meat. 3 lucky rabbits feet, box in the box in the box, +334%. 860 meat, per yeti (cept you can run into other stuff).

Pick an adventure with meatdropping monsters :D

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
LOL Well, to be honest, it's Stars and Lines I'm after at the moment, and alas you need to go kitted up for not getting hit if at all possible ;) Even Weapon of the Pastalord doesn't one-hit kill them, and that can take down a Yeti (though at 35 Mana, it damn-well should). It's good when Ronald is full because I have enough Mana to take down 2 creatures and heal myself inbetween, before needing to recharge my Mana but otherwise, farming the Hole in the Sky is a hard job.

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
 :wtf: Are you doing!? Hole in the sky is weak to cold! Pull out the cone of w/e, and the gazpacho's glacial grimoire, and bam, 1 hit kills!

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Aha, didn't know they had cold weakness.

Ok, Noooo problem in that case ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Be warned that the Astronomer doesn't have that weakness. Only the sleazy constellations are vulnerable to cold.

Once you have the advanced saucecrafting skill the HitS becomes much easier cause you can boost your stats with reagent portions.

Offline Shade

Oohh, it's friday the 13th! Doesn't seem to do anything other than try to creep me out with spooky messages though... there are even clovers at the hermit :p Maybe that day is actually especially lucky in KoL, as I spent rather fewer turns than usual building a maid and chef, and the microbrewery has an insanely good drink that beats even the tavern rewards :)
Report FS_Open bugs with Mantis  |  Find the latest FS_Open builds Here  |  Interested in FRED? Check out the Wiki's FRED Portal | Diaspora: Website / Forums
"Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh ****ing great. 2200 references to entry->index and no idea which is the one that ****ed up" - Karajorma
"We are all agreed that your theory is crazy. The question that divides us is whether it is crazy enough to have a chance of being correct." - Niels Bohr

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Yeah, other than the creepy messages I've noticed no difference, though I haven't tried using a clover yet, from the image used I'm wondering if Clovers will work today ;)

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Apart from the messages there was no new content added last Friday 13th.

I'm having a really BAD ascension. I had to adventure for 50 turns at the Knoll to get the parts for the meat car, lost three times in a row to Von Ratsworth before giving up and turning off the faucet and now I've reached level 7 moxie that's so pitiful that I probably won't be able to adventure anywhere productive tomorrow either.

Bah. I know I'm whining but I can't wait to swap classes again.  :D

Offline Shade

Must be a TT thing with the moxie problem, I'm having the exact same issue now... and it hasn't even been muscle day yet.

I'm seriously considering not even bothering with boosting moxie for the likes of the castle this run, going with a muscle potion instead and hoping to one-hit kill everything I meet. I imagine with a buffed 250+ muscle and something like a drywall axe or other high-power melee weapon, that might just work. Especially if I get lucky and get a few damage boosters like a mohawk wig.

Because if I rely on moxie like I have in my previous runs, I'll be level 14 before I can survive the airship even with +100% of it :p

Offline karajorma

• Administrator
Yep. I had problems last time round and I had a pair of Stainless Steel bracers that time.

:rolleyes: Doh! That's why I'm having such a hard time of it this time round! That combined with a moxie day meant I had a fighting chance. I guess that means I'll be screwed if I go straight to Seal Clubber too.

Although at least there I can seriously boost my combat power with passive effects. 

Offline Mathwiz6

• Pees numbers
Whooo! Drunken partay! :D

Lessee... 19 turns per drink, 3 drinks per day, 6 turns, 2 drinks, 8 turns per food, 3 food, aannnd... 47 turns per day base!

This is by myself :D

57 + 12 + 24 + 47 = 140 :D With 6 fullness slots left :D

Wooot!

Someday, after Sauceror, 50 + 8 + 95 (19 will be falling down drunk :D) + 47 = 200...
Wow. 181 turns per day, without falling down drunk. On average! 19 while drunk.

Offline Flipside

• əp!sd!l£
Heh, my stash of Secret Blends of Herbs and Spices is getting into the 20's now ;) Saving them all up for the Wok of Ages. Just got the Leash of Linguini skill, it just means I'm using the other familiars all the less as I get some seriuos farming done with a 30lb gravy fairy, really need to train the little critters up for the NS.