Author Topic: The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod  (Read 27061 times)

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
  • The ticket to the future is always blank
The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod
A lot of fans of KOTOR II may remember an attempt by Team Gizka to restore all the stuff that was cut from the retail version of The Sith Lords, like say, half the frelling ending of the game (the voicework was already done, but LucasArts made Obsidian cut it so they could get the game out by holiday season). Well, since they haven't made any substantial progress in more than year and they seem to spending most of their time flaming forumites who ask when it will be done, another team led by Darth Stoney has pursued their own effort to restore everything TG was going to restore (except for some of the GenoHaradan plotline) and some extra stuff TG wasn't going to restore.

Well, Stoney now says the final release will be done at the end of this month. They're also like a week away from an open beta.

http://www.deadlystream.com/forumdisplay.php?f=123

Dantooine is vastly improved (the final battle between the mercs and militia is extended), Nar Shaddaa gets a lot of stuff added, the HK Factory is restored, and most of all, all the cut content from the ending on Malachor V gets put back in. And it'll be bug free (mostly).

Yes.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:54:47 pm by Mr. Vega »
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
Re: The Sith Lords Restored Content Mod
Very, very nice.

Offline Locutus of Borg

• Who counted those posts?????????????
Will they add a version of M4-78 better than that mod that was released. I hated it, just like pzuzles from other planets all put together. Not to mention shotty dialogue in terms of writing and voicing.
We are the Borg
We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own

Resistance is FUTILE

Offline redsniper

• Aim for the Top!
* redsniper might have to pick up KotOR II finally....
"Think about nice things not unhappy things.
The future makes happy, if you make it yourself.
No war; think about happy things."   -WouterSmitssm

Hard Light Productions:
"...this conversation is pointlessly confrontational."

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
Hell yes... :D
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline Spicious

• Master Chief John-158

Offline Herra Tohtori

• The Academic
  • Bad command or file name
And it'll be bug free.
Sure it will.

Relative to vanilla KotOR II: Sith Lords, I'm sure it will be bug-free like VLC compared to RealPlayer. Seriously, have you ever played that thing? :ick:
There are three things that last forever: Abort, Retry, Fail - and the greatest of these is Fail.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
Considering what I've heard about the planned Gainax-esque ending to Sith Lords, I'm not gonna touch it.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine
And it'll be bug free.
Sure it will.
They have like 15 bug testers who are all active, and they're not your usual slow modders - they usually fix bugs within a day of being reported - just read the beta impressions threads.

Considering what I've heard about the planned Gainax-esque ending to Sith Lords, I'm not gonna touch it.
Look, I played a leaked, buggy version of Team Gizka's restoration of the ending, and I found it to be vastly improved upon the original retail version. It certainly blows away PS:T's ending by a mile.

And I'm not sure what you mean exactly by Ganiax-esque ending. If you mean everybody dies, that only happens if you go dark side. And even retail TSL is far less obtuse about it's plot and ideas than Evangelion ever was. I mean, it's an openly intellectual story with a lot of philosophically oriented dialogue, but after four playthroughs I'm pretty certain there's actually something to Kreia's teachings (which I wrote about in another thread in this forum) and it's not just a bunch of profound-sounding drivel, so I think your fears are unjustified.

Will they add a version of M4-78 better than that mod that was released. I hated it, just like pzuzles from other planets all put together. Not to mention shotty dialogue in terms of writing and voicing.
They're also working on an M4-78 Enhancement Project, which will alter a lot of the old mod and replace the old voiceovers with better ones.

http://www.deadlystream.com/showthread.php?t=102
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 06:55:28 pm by Mr. Vega »
Words ought to be a little wild, for they are the assaults of thoughts on the unthinking.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline Eishtmo

• The one and only
  • The One and Only
    • http://www.angelfire.com/games2/fsarchive/index.html
Please keep us updated on the basic restoration (don't care about M4-78), I'd love to play a full version of KOTOR II.
Warpstorm  Bringing Disorder to Chaos, And Eventually We'll Get It Right.

---------

I know there is a method, but all I see is madness.

Offline Galemp

• Actual father of Samus
  • Ask me about GORT!
    • Steam
    • User page on the FreeSpace Wiki
I've been really interested in the project for a long time but I've never seen any downloads or indications of progress.

Needless to say this is a big :yes:
"Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he's supposed to be doing at that moment." -- Robert Benchley

Members I've personally met: RedStreblo, Goober5000, Sandwich, Splinter, Su-tehp, Hippo, CP5670, Terran Emperor, Karajorma, Dekker, McCall, Admiral Wolf, mxlm, RedSniper, Stealth, Black Wolf...

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?
Meh, too late. I've already played through the game about 3-5 times, also with the leaked TSLRP. As nice as it is that someone actually finally creates and releases a proper restoration mod, I probably won't play it anymore simply because I'm already so tired of the same old game with all its engine/interface bugs and quirks. The leaked TSLRP already featured most of the cut content that's worth seeing, AFAICT.

Of course, anyone who hasn't yet played through the game or have done so only once or twice should absolutely give this a try when released.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Interviewer Extraordinaire
  • Boomz!
Okay, I'm a bit torn between TSLRC and TSLRP.

TSLRC will come out sooner, but have a little less content, as it appears to me. It'll also have some minor bugs and graphical issues. They also promised to continue supporting it after release.

TSLRP will come out later, but it'll have more content. It'll apparently be bug free. They didn't say anything about supporting TSLRP after release though.
Ancient-Shivan War|Interview Board

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline zookeeper

• *knock knock* Who's there? Poe. Poe who?

TSLRC will come out sooner, but have a little less content, as it appears to me. It'll also have some minor bugs and graphical issues. They also promised to continue supporting it after release.

TSLRP will come out later, but it'll have more content. It'll apparently be bug free. They didn't say anything about supporting TSLRP after release though.
Why not both? Play TSLRC when it comes out soon, then TSLRP when you've retired and it has hopefully been released. If it hasn't been released by the time you're starting to die of old age, play the leaked beta.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Lol. Point.

Member of the Scooby Doo Fanclub. And we're not talking a cartoon dog here people!!

Offline Mr. Vega

• Your Node Is Mine

Um, actually I've looked at the restored list for TSLRCP, and actually I think it restores more than the TSLRP, other than the GenoHaradan stuff which was done a little non-sensically by the TSLRP.
-John Maynard Keynes

Offline TrashMan

• T-tower Avenger. srsly.
  • God-Emperor of your kind!
    • Minecraft
    • FLAMES OF WAR
I'm tempted to apply for beta testing...
Nobody dies as a virgin - the life ****s us all!

You're a wrongularity from which no right can escape!

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Ditto.

Offline aurora_energy

• Adrift in the never ending void
OMG bout ****ing time... ive been watching this project no nowhere for years. since 2006 if i recall correctly. alpha release was schedualed wayyy to long ago... this makes them at least 2 years overdue...
Imagine awakening, and hearing the heartbeat of the galaxy for the first time.
It is like a cloud, a mist that drifts from living creature to creature, set in motion by currents and eddies.
It is the eye of the storm, the passions of all living things turned into energy, into a chorus.
It is the rising swell at the end of life, the promise of new territories and new blood, the call of new mysteries in the dark.

Offline Stormkeeper

• Boomz!
Hey. At least it didn't take as long as ST:R. :p