Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 57334 times)

Just watched the E3 footage of BF3, included a Live Demo of a Tank-based mission from Sp. It was awe-inducing.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
hahahahah holy **** that was amazing

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
You aren't the only one.  That trailer kicked ass.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
If only they hadn't censored it. :(
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline mxlm

I will ask that you explain yourself. Please do so with the clear understanding that I may decide I am angry enough to destroy all of you and raze this sickening mausoleum of fraud down to the naked rock it stands on.

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Habeeb it...

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
Some Multi Footage

Pretty hawt overall, my only complaint is that the firearm sounds are a little unsatisfactory.   To give a comparison the bank robbery scene from Heat is arguably one of the best sounding gunfights in film, primarily because it is the raw audio from the actual filming rather then edited audio after the fact.  The film makers realized that the sound of gunfire in an LA street, with the way the sound reverberates against the buildings and such couldn't be manufactured in the studio as well as the actual noise.  I find the weapons in the BF3 trailers often sound little more then pop guns so far.
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce
Some Multi Footage

Pretty hawt overall, my only complaint is that the firearm sounds are a little unsatisfactory.   To give a comparison the bank robbery scene from Heat is arguably one of the best sounding gunfights in film, primarily because it is the raw audio from the actual filming rather then edited audio after the fact.  The film makers realized that the sound of gunfire in an LA street, with the way the sound reverberates against the buildings and such couldn't be manufactured in the studio as well as the actual noise.  I find the weapons in the BF3 trailers often sound little more then pop guns so far.
It might be a stylistic consideration but I find the Battlefield gun noises to have a bit of a muffled feel to them. There may be a good reason for that - gunfire is actually not that pleasant of a noise over long periods of gaming. Some shooters do this better than others but sometimes the sound of the gun becomes so tiresome that you don't even want to shoot it anymore... or you turn down the speakers or something like that. So perhaps this is a smart move.

Still Battlefield Bad Company 2 has pretty freaking awesome sound and I expect BF3 to be even better. Maybe we'll see the full realization when the game is closer to release.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Some impressions JUST FROM LEAKED ALPHA VIDEOS, I AM DEFINITELY NOT PLAYING IT AND UNDER AN NDA AND PRETENDING MY INFO IS NOT FROM MY 1st HAND EXPIRENCE WITH THE INCOMPLETE ALPHA BUILD AND MY POINTS FROM THE VIDEOS MAY BE CHANGED IN BETA AND RETAIL BUILDS
-Gunplay is fun, bullets hurt, guns are very good looking and sounding, in that they sound appropriate for their enviroment, but a little quiet (should be fixed in retail, "war tapes" sound option.)
-Rush is imbalanced
-Runs slightly better than BC2 and looks a fair bit better.
-teamwork in firefights matters
-suppression is neat
-health regen is fast once it starts (15s of not shot or shot at)

-Runs slightly better than BC2

Aah cool.

By the way.. Why did they put a 'machinegun class' back in.. Okay, that supression thing is quite nice aperently, and they probably get the AMMOB, but I prefered it if the MG's stayed with the medics, or the medic stuff stayed with the MG's.

Then again, a lot of people play 'Assault' just because it sounds cool. The fact that there is no more medic class should ensure that people play the medic more often :D

Offline IceFire

• GTVI Section 3
    • http://www.3dap.com/hlp/hosted/ce

Aah cool.

By the way.. Why did they put a 'machinegun class' back in.. Okay, that supression thing is quite nice aperently, and they probably get the AMMOB, but I prefered it if the MG's stayed with the medics, or the medic stuff stayed with the MG's.

Then again, a lot of people play 'Assault' just because it sounds cool. The fact that there is no more medic class should ensure that people play the medic more often :D
It's different but I like how they have continually refined the class approach. I do sort of miss the dedicated C4 Special Ops class as that was my favourite but Medic, Support, Recon and Engineer seem like a really good mix. It does also appear that the types of equipment sported by each are more varied than in BC2. From what I hear the Engineer can use Carbines and SMGs. Recon has Snipers but I think it may also have access to SMG so I could configure a Recon class for short range instead of long range combat. Don't quote me on that but I think that's what I've seen.
- IceFire
BlackWater Ops, Cold Element
"Burn the land, boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me..."

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text

Aah cool.

It's different but I like how they have continually refined the class approach. I do sort of miss the dedicated C4 Special Ops class as that was my favourite but Medic, Support, Recon and Engineer seem like a really good mix. It does also appear that the types of equipment sported by each are more varied than in BC2. From what I hear the Engineer can use Carbines and SMGs. Recon has Snipers but I think it may also have access to SMG so I could configure a Recon class for short range instead of long range combat. Don't quote me on that but I think that's what I've seen.
the support kit, with the LMG or an allkit gun like an SMG or shotgun, *might* have C4, and it *might* have been really fun in the alpha to use it, espicially because terrain is destructible and because support has ammo boxes, you have infinite C4 for blowing stuff up.

Offline JGZinv

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
my God.
MP game of the year.
also command wheel is in list of all guns and kit is out now.  some prett exotic ones out there

Offline Rodo

• Custom tittle
  • stargazer
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
It looks just... awesome.
I DO REALLY hope it does play awesome as trailers / vids make it seem.
el hombre vicio...

Offline JGZinv

BF3 also now has a co-op mode... there's a trailer at Kotaku too.