Author Topic: Battlefield 3  (Read 57094 times)

Offline Gortef

• A meat popsicle
Battlefield 3 PC GAMEPLAY: Fault Line Series Episode I: Bad Part of Town

Welp, at least the visuals are up to todays standards. And dragging the wouded mate to safety is a nice add.
Habeeb it...

Offline Dilmah G

• Failed juggling
  • Do try it.
I thought that was prettttty cool, man.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
That was okay, but Battlefield games don't have single player. I don't want to watch five guys open doors in a straight line CoD knockoff. Give me 64 players with jets plz dice ok thx

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam
While I'm not interested to much if its CoD single player if it's MoH style single with bounding and room clearing I will eat it up with a spoon.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:27:35 am by StarSlayer »
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
That was okay, but Battlefield games don't have single player. I don't want to watch five guys open doors in a straight line CoD knockoff. Give me 64 players with jets plz dice ok thx
that's confirmed for PC MP.
[jets, prone, 64 players]

Those visuals are pretty much the best I've ever seen.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Yeah, I know those are all confirmed (like I said in the second post in the thread), I just want to see them.

Offline Nemesis6

• Tongs
Wow, I can't wait to get my Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person rank.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
Wow, I can't wait to get my Sergeant Sergeant Master Sergeant Shooter Person rank.

If you think Battlefield is about this and not about calling in jeep strikes inside artillery strikes so you can cause them to hybridize into a shower of dozens of jeeps, or organizing 9/11 Memorial Reenactment Teams to ram C4-covered planes into enemy tanks, you are probably Pol Pot

Offline Mongoose

• Rikki-Tikki-Tavi
  • Global Moderator
  • This brain for rent.
    • Minecraft
    • Steam
    • Something
Yeah, Nemesis, Battuta already read me the riot act over that back on the first page. :p

Offline StarSlayer

• Men Kaeshi Do
    • Steam

If you think Battlefield is about this and not about calling in jeep strikes inside artillery strikes so you can cause them to hybridize into a shower of dozens of jeeps, or organizing 9/11 Memorial Reenactment Teams to ram C4-covered planes into enemy tanks, you are probably Pol Pot

What about jumping out of the pilot seat of a  Blackhawk with a M40, sniping somebody during free fall then re boarding the descending chopper and recovering before you hit the deck? :D
“Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world”

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
preCISEly

Offline sigtau

• unfortunate technical art assclown
Sounds like that one time I M9'd a helicopter pilot into a headshot, and the chopper rammed a building containing a sniper that had irritated the hell out of my team all round.  That's satisfying.
Who uses forum signatures anymore?

Offline MR_T3D

• Personal Text
Two words for why BF is godly

Zook Loop

(its where, in 1942, you'd be in a dogfight, you put the plane into a vertical loop, bail out, deploy chute, use bazooka to take out the enemy plane that was on your tail, then get back into your plane as it finishes the loop on its own.)

Some guy did this to me, DAMN YOU DESTINY_GUNDAM_JAPAN, YOU CRAZY BASTARD!

The Zook Loop was a favored tactic of my friend's clan on Coral Sea, and it irritated the hell out of me. I was always a competent dogfighter, but some people can execute that particular maneuver with a precision I can't even begin to comprehend, let alone match.

The only truly amusing Battlefield Shenanigan I actually remember engaging in, way back in Road to Rome, was the infamous "Operation Kubelwagen Rush." Me and my fellow clanmates managed to turn mad Jeep and Wagen dashes to the Axis main base on Operation Husky into an art, and we tended to come out of it with respectable kill counts from various collisions and unlucky infantry on bridges.

I will never get over the sight of a Jeep and Kubelwagen, side by side, drivers totally oblivious to the world, jumping a StuG. And the Axis team just Stared. :lol:   
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:54:38 pm by PsychoLandlord »

I seriously can't wait for this to come out. One of the coolest moments that I had in BF2 was our squad of 3 avoiding an enemy chopper in a buggy, driving through structures and barriers as it fired guns and missiles at us. We eventually got saved by a friendly low flying jet. It was essentially the last chase scene from Modern Warfare, except without scripting. Like others have said, that's what has always been great about Battlefield. I just hope they do something different with aircraft compared to 2, I got sick of overpowered jets and TV missle seat switchers.

Offline Pred the Penguin

• muahahaha...
    • Minecraft
    • EaWPR
You'll never get comments like this for any other game. :D

I'm getting this :D.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
Question: how does BF2 compare to BC2 in terms for people that don't do as well in full servers?

To me the maps are small enough, and larger rooms are typically clan populated, so to go anywhere you get shot from 4 directions nigh instantly.
So I've pretty much either stuck to small rooms, or lay traps / play sneaky. 64 players compared to 16 sounds like a recipe for measuring your life
with a stopwatch.

Hope they fix the chopper controls in BF3, I realize they are changable, but the BC2 defaults need some help.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
The Bad Company 2 choppers are easy and fun to fly if you ditch the mouse and use WASD and arrow keys.

Offline JGZinv

• The Last Dual! Guardian
    • The FringeSpace Conversion Mod
I wouldn't call it easy "or" fun, but yeah it's an improvement.
True power comes not from strength, but from the soul and imagination.
Max to PCS2 to FS2 SCP Guide
The FringeSpace Conversion Mod