Author Topic: Star Trek Online is now free to play  (Read 69455 times)

Offline Commander Zane

• Spoot Knight of Anvils
Re: Star Trek Online is now free to play
Those are for crafting items at Memory Alpha. You'll need the schematics for the item you want to create other than hypos or batteries, they can be bought for 10,000 energy credits from a vendor, typically bought for a lot less (About 1,000 - 2,000) in the Exchange, or you can craft them yourself. You find them in some missions as well.

Anything crazy awesome though needs Unreplecatable Materials, which cost refined dilithium, and becomes expensive as all hell when you want to build, say, the Aegis set or outfit a high-Tier ship with weapons and equipment.
An alternative for finding ship items would be the STF missions (Although you need to be level 45 to begin those, and is a very grinding process (Rather much like the standard RPG concept of constant fighting to gain levels) to get the Encrypted Data Chips to purchase requisitions).

Offline BloodEagle

• Bleeding Paradox!
    • Steam
So, I heard someone talking about an HLP Fleet.  What's the word on that?

Offline crizza

Would be nice and as we're all in different time zones, it is assured that there are always people online.

Offline Enzo03

Haha there's an ad for the game at the top right now.

If there is to be a HLP fleet I will definitely try and jump in if I have the time.  MMOs are usually funner for me if I can play alongside familiar (if only slightly familiar) faces.
21:20:19   SpardaSon21: "hey baby, want to get a good look at my AC/20?
21:20:26   Spoon: I'd hit it like the fist of steiner

Some people are like Slinkies.  They aren't really good or even useful for anything but they always manage to put a little smile on your face when you give them enough of a push down the stairs.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action
The USS Raynor has been renamed the Balls of Steele, in honor of that magnificent bastard from BP Dos
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline TwentyPercentCooler

• Operates at 375 kelvin
The USS Raynor has been renamed the Balls of Steele, in honor of that magnificent bastard from BP Dos

I just saw a U.S.S. Raynor, I was wondering if it was a Starcraft person or one of us.

I got bored of TOR, so I downloaded this and it's surprisingly compelling considering I didn't spend a dime on it (yeah I like both Star Trek and Star Wars, I don't care if it's blasphemy). I guess I should figure out how to let you guys look me up, eh? HLP fleet would be pretty cool, especially since I think we'd be badass. Y'know, with all the practice shooting stuff in space.

Edit: I'm Renee@rainbowderpydash, if anyone feels like shooting me a friend request or something.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 12:34:33 am by TwentyPercentCooler »

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq

bp dos!?

he'll get you for that

Offline Mefustae

• Chevron locked...
(yeah I like both Star Trek and Star Wars, I don't care if it's blasphemy)

Nothing wrong with that, at all. In fact, you shall now be known as 30 percent cooler.

Offline NGTM-1R

• I reject your reality and substitute my own
  • Syndral Active. 0410.
I'd be in for an HLP fleet, might be one other as well.
"Load sabot. Target Zaku, direct front!"

A Feddie Story

Offline crizza

If someone stumbles over the U.S.S. Deathwing, it's yours truly ;)

Offline Starman01

• Mechwarrior
    • Wing Commander Saga
Well, I'm not really sure how my username is displayed, but I think it's  "michael@starman003" :)
MECHCOMMANDER OMNITECH

9 out of 10 voices in my head always tell me that I'm not insane. The 10th is only humming the melody of TETRIS.

Offline Liberator

• Poe's Law In Action

bp dos!?

he'll get you for that
Would it make steele madder if he found out I named my first ship the Indus?
So as through a glass, and darkly
The age long strife I see
Where I fought in many guises,
Many names, but always me.

There are only 10 types of people in the world , those that understand binary and those that don't.

Offline General Battuta

• Poe's Law In Action
  • i wonder when my postcount will exceed my iq
ngtm1r if you are able to tolerate a wargame that's not super realistic but still nods in that direction you should check out wargame: european escalation

Offline Crybertrance

• Conventional warheads only, no funny business
Sooo, Is there an official HLP fleet? (I'm new to this game and wish to see some friendly faces)... ;)

Also, a note, if you ever stumble across a USS Solaris.... Its me!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:35:49 am by Crybertrance »
<21:08:30>   Hartzaden fires a slammer at Cybertrance
<21:09:13>   Crybertrance pops flares, but wonders how Hartzaden acquired aspect lock on a stealth fighter... :\
<21:11:58>   *** The_E joined #bp [email protected]
21:11:58   +++ ChanServ has given op to The_E
<21:12:58>   Hartzaden continues to paint crybertrance and feeding the info to a wing of gunships
<21:14:07>   Crybertrance sends emergency "IM GETING MY ASS KICKED HERE!!!!eleventy NEED HELPZZZZ" to 3rd fleet command
<21:14:50>   Hartzaden jamms the transmission.
<21:14:51>   The_E explodes the sun

Offline Retsof

• Sanity is over-rated.
USS Celestial is me.  Though I might not be on much since my craptastic internet hasn't been letting me play recently.
:::PROUD VASUDAN RIGHTS SUPPORTER:::

"Get off my forum" -General Battuta
I can't help but hear a shotgun cocking with this.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
ngtm1r if you are able to tolerate a wargame that's not super realistic but still nods in that direction you should check out wargame: european escalation

If I wanted to play a super-realistic wargame I'd set up in IED in my backyard and see if I live.

EDIT: Though EE looks interesting, I can't afford it right now. :/
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 04:59:19 pm by NGTM-1R »

A Feddie Story

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft
I'm up for an HLP fleet, if nothing else, I can be used as the official fleet redshirt. :p My ship is the U.S.S. Phoenicia, after all.

I'm up for an HLP fleet, if nothing else, I can be used as the official fleet redshirt. :p My ship is the U.S.S. Phoenicia, after all.

"Oh no, a Borg cube! Quickly! Park your ship in front of it!"

Offline LunarNightmare

• ...what year is it?
    • Minecraft

"Oh no, a Borg cube! Quickly! Park your ship in front of it!"

Aboard the Phoenicia

Female Bridge Officer: Uhhh... sir, they want us to park in front of that cube....
LunarNightmare: Yes? Why haven't you parked yet?
Female Bridge Officer: Because sir, I don't want to die yet.
LunarNightmare: Maybe you should've paid attention to the orientation meeting. We specifically asked you if you wanted to live.
Female Bridge Officer: That question was asked after 4 straight hours of questioning!
LunarNightmare: Heh, don't worry, our shields won't fai- *boom*
Computer: Shields have failed!
Female Bridge Officer: You were saying?
LunarNightmare: Try and make the last 10 seconds of my life a little easier by just staying quiet.

Offline NGTM-1R

• Syndral Active. 0410.
Parking in front of a cube broadside is essentially what my Sovereign does best. (This Agincourt is not required to run from random single enemy cruisers.)

A Feddie Story